Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

Join Assemblyman Tim Donnelly's Protest Of The Mexican Government Holding Our US Marine. Tuesday August 26th In Sacramento CA. See "Upcoming Events" Section Of The Forum..........

Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Default Attorney General Looks Into Former SOS Management

In an attempt to address some of the allegations of theft or other misdeeds that were leveled at us from several detractors and their organizations, we have asked the California Attorney General's office to investigate the previous management of Save Our State, and provide us with the documentation that will support the claims we have made in our defense, specifically the corporate structure and use of charitable status during that period. The process is slow, but once it gets going it will speed up. Yesterday, some of the public records access results have been made available, and they are attached to this post.
As we have stated previously, the operation of Save Our State under the management of Joseph Turner and Alexis Ashley (Corporate Officers), and Chelene Nightingale (Managing Director), was not in compliance with California charitable law from its' inception, and little or no attempt was made to legitimize it after the fact. Charitable corporations are required to make filings that list the way the corporation is governed, as this helps restrict individuals from misusing a corporate charter for personal or other improper gain.
Under new management, Save Our State is now engaged in legitimizing the corporate structure, its' by laws, and charitable status so that we will be in good standing with the law, and with our supporters and contributors. We expect to be in compliance before the end of spring

Quote:
EDMUND G.BROWN JR.
Attorney General
State of California
Quote:

DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

SAVE OUR STATE
5080 SHENANDOM STREET
VENTURA CA 93003
NOTICE TO REGISTER

We have received information indicating that this organization may be subject to the registration and reporting
requirements of the Supervision of Trustees and Fundraisers for Charitable Purposes Act (Government Code
sections 12580, et seq.).

Pursuant to section 12585 and 12586 of the Act

, every charitable corporation incorporated or doing business in
California, unincorporated association and trustee holding assets for charitable purposes or doing business in the
State of California is required to register and file annual reports with the Attorney General's Registry of
Charitable Trusts, within thirty (30) days of receiving assets (which includes cash or other forms of property).
Some entities, such as educational institutions, religious corporations and hospitals, are exempt from registration
and reporting under section 12583.
In order to determine if the captioned entity is subject to registration and reporting, please submit a completed
Initial Registration form

(CT-l), together with all the required attachments, and$25 initial registration fee,
payable to the Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts. Please include the"CT number" noted at the
top of this letter in the memo portion of the check, and mail the completed form and check, together with a copy
of this letter

, to the Registry at the address set forth above.
If it is determined that registration is not required, the $25 registration fee will be refunded.
For additional information please visit our website at

http://ag.ca.gov/charities.
Please respond within 30 days from the date of this letter. Thank you for your attention to this correspondence.
Sincerely,
/

.. """>,
Staff Services Analyst
Registry of Charitable Trusts
For EDMUND G. BROWN JR.

Attorney General

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Turner Attorney General ltr.pdf (558.4 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by admin; 03-09-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Administrator

There has been new information posted as to the inquiry into the operation of Save Our State during the Joseph Turner/Alexis Ashley/Chelene Nightingale years. The Attorney General's Department of Charitable Trusts has made several attempts to get a reply from Joseph Turner. As of this month, there is nothing in the file to indicate he is willing to communicate with them. They are still requesting information that was initially required to operate SOS as a charitable corporation back in 2004/5/6/7/8/9
All of the documentation is required to insure that a corpration is operating, soliciting for donations, and applying them for the benefit of the public, and not for its' members or personal use of officers.

I believe there is a need for total disclosure on this issue to prevent any problems or associations surfacing in the operation of SOS from Sept '09 forward. We will continue to make requests of the authorities and press for full disclosure through all legal means to accomplish that goal

Attached to this post is a downloadable PDF file of the most recent information from The AG's office. There has been three monthly attempts sent to multiple addresses, with the latest one being one week ago
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Turner SOS Atty Gnrl file.pdf (671.7 KB, 168 views)
Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 AM

Not really on topic, but I have been wondering what happened to Joe Turner. He kind of just faded away after running for office. Anybody know? Just curious.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55 View Post
Not really on topic, but I have been wondering what happened to Joe Turner. He kind of just faded away after running for office. Anybody know? Just curious.
No, it's on topic. From what I can tell, he is living in Redlands and still employed by a San Bernardino County Supervisors office. Not much coming from him in the immigration arena anymore. I don't think he faded away as much as he ducked out

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 07-27-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
SOS Associate

Update:

thus far, there has been no reply from Turner. so I visited the AG's building again and spoke with them regarding the procedures after that. So the next step is they notify the Franchise Tax Board that there was non-compliance, and the Tax board follows their procedures. I'm glad this is moving along, and especially so because the AG's office is on the 17th floor, and I don't do so well with elevators these days. Also, the FTB is nearly around the corner from me.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:07 AM

I don't know where Joe is but I do hope he is OK and HAPPY. I have always liked Joe and still do. Let him live in peace.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:39 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I don't know where Joe is but I do hope he is OK and HAPPY. I have always liked Joe and still do. Let him live in peace.
Unfortunately it is not as simple as you make it sound. Also, he had, and still has the option to put an end to this.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:41 AM

I am sure it is not as simple as I make it sound. That is because I was never involved in the running of anything. I still wish him the best of everything.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:57 PM

I wish him the best of everything too. It's just another way to chip at what we all believe in and have rallied for. It stinks!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 PM
I Love Refried

So, where did all the money go? It seems like someone lined their pockets with money that was donated for a good cause.