Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 PM

SZ,

I snapped at you once, which was today, the first delivery was a reply to twoller. You may have taken an earlier assertion to the effect that I'm not going to be badgered as a "snap". And I saw that when you read what I had to say to you today, you left for a while to work your mouth around and get some composure to word things a little better in your replying post.

I'll tell you where I'm coming from, I don't think you will get it.

We were eating breakfast this morning when an ancient Mexican tune softly came over the speakers in the restaurant. Both Elena and the much younger Mexican woman serving us, in their different places, began singing quietly to the song. AS I was eating my Huevos con chorizo and beans with torn pieces of tortilla, I mused how at the same time these women were much alike and yet had such a chasm between them.

Elena's father was from a Mexico which is no more yet will always be. A much older and long deceased brother was a tail gunner over Germany. As a child, Elena and her young cousins had been run across the highway and over the tracks by adult white men simply for wanting to get ice cream from a "white" establishment.

On the other hand, I despise the Mexicans who took over a former trade and the presumptuousness of many of them. As a rule, I don't trust Mexicans, and when any of them address me as "my friend" one too many times, which is more than once, I become suspicious. However, as I have stated here before, I'm in a weird place in my head with Mexican Nationals - all at the same time I love them and I hate them all.

Yet I've also been around many of their adult children - people with all sorts of outlooks, personalities, and various proclivities. However, regardless of what type of people they individually are, they are not their parents.

I am curious about them all, I learn as much as I can about them. "They" are not all the same, particularly through the extended generations.

Yet to you and twoller, it seems every one of "them" is a gang banging spray painting "anchor baby" reconquista menace who habitually pisses in public while swigging forty ouncers.

So, I have to extend my middle finger when I'm blanketed with "amnesty for criminals" and directed to a youtube entry which is sure to feature a bunch of brown knuckle heads.

You insulted me when you did that. To me you are suggesting that crap like that is a part of my household and the extended family as well.

There's not much difference between your stereotyping and those who bandy about pictures of white trailer trash surrounded by a mountain of empty beer cans as if you personally had an address there. And I stick to my assertion that if someone looks long and hard enough, there will surface an embarrassing picture of someone in your family, maybe even of you.

As an addendum, I will admit that going over your last two posts again they weren't quite like I took them, nor have I hit the youtube link.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-27-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:22 PM

The children of illegal aliens who were born here are entitled to have, and most of them DO have, dual citizenship. The children of mexicans who are here legally, perhaps even citizens also hold dual citizenship.

There is nothing wrong with sending people to a country where they are citizens whether or not they have ever been there.

We did not always allow dual citizenship. At one time claiming the citizenship of another country constituted a voluntary relinquishment of American citizenship. That would end the controversy.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
The children of illegal aliens who were born here are entitled to have, and most of them DO have, dual citizenship. The children of mexicans who are here legally, perhaps even citizens also hold dual citizenship.

There is nothing wrong with sending people to a country where they are citizens whether or not they have ever been there.

We did not always allow dual citizenship. At one time claiming the citizenship of another country constituted a voluntary relinquishment of American citizenship. That would end the controversy.
I spent about 7 years in Germany after I married my Wife, and decided to move to Her country and go through a pastry chefs aprenticeship, then worked for a few years there.
When I decided to return to the US I was turned -around in Baltimore and sent back to Stutgart because all I had was a German passport, and blew past the INS checpoint when I arrived, not thinking about it.

It took about 3-4 months of going to the US Cosulate to get things straightened out, and Me back to Ca.