Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default You owe, big time.

Just ask the people who advocate for illegal aliens. And they want the first payment, pronto!

http://derailamnestydotcom.blogspot....aying-now.html
Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 PM

I didn't google the "down payment" thing.

I believe that those who grew up here from a young age should, with some important restrictions, be classified as permanent residents without voting rights and no claim to special treatment due to their ancestry.

No in state tuition, no sponsorship for others to enter and become citizens, no short cuts to the front of any line, and an end to scholarships based on race or ethnicity.

And fix the 14th amendment so that there is a clear definition exactly as to who is a citizen by birth - no birthright for those born here to illegal parents, and a clear time line as to who will be affected.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:05 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I didn't google the "down payment" thing.

I believe that those who grew up here from a young age should, with some important restrictions, be classified as permanent residents without voting rights and no claim to special treatment due to their ancestry.

No in state tuition, no sponsorship for others to enter and become citizens, no short cuts to the front of any line, and an end to scholarships based on race or ethnicity.

And fix the 14th amendment so that there is a clear definition exactly as to who is a citizen by birth - no birthright for those born here to illegal parents, and a clear time line as to who will be affected.

Interesting. And in your scenario, what is the status of the American-born children of these former illegal aliens that've been granted non-voting permanent resident status?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Interesting. And in your scenario, what is the status of the American-born children of these former illegal aliens that've been granted non-voting permanent resident status?
Transients
Old 08-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Respectfully, I believe the text is clear and speaks for itself. And concerning non voting legal status I am not referring to the American born, nor of the children of "former illegal aliens". I refer to those who were brought here at an early age and are the children of illegal aliens. The "important restrictions" have to do with those who have a criminal history or who are otherwise a net drain to our society, such as those who perpetually take undue advantage of our social services.

The current interpretation of the 14th amendment is the law at this time concerning those who were born here. I do not relish the thought of those whose parents I would deport becoming voters, but they will and I believe nothing is going to change that current fact. I believe I will have to live with the fact of brown racists capitalizing on the deportation of these current children's parents.

So, my belief is to revisit the 14th amendment with a clear cut off date as to who has birthright citizenship as it is currently interpreted, and all those born in the US after that date can never be entitled to US birthright citizenship.

And get rid of chain migration like it's melted metal in our hands.

Then after that, move on the best we can to maintain our national sovereignty while doing the best we can to incorporate and become "us" with those aforementioned citizens who will surely and genuinely hate us for deporting their close relatives.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-25-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
"SZinWestLA"

It isn't. You talked about no birthright citizenship for the offspring of illegals, but under your scheme, the parents (minors who were brought here unlawfully and are now adults) are no longer illegals. They're in the country lawfully. So what is the status of the American-born children of former illegals who are now non-citizen (and non-voting) lawful residents?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:31 PM

You can interpret me and carry on however you like. The text is clear and I'm not going to argue it any further.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 PM

I see what you're getting at now.

This is my mode of thinking.

The ones who grow up here don't belong to another country, regardless of what both sides say. However, I don't believe they should be citizens either.

Their children will be citizens. I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully in the years between the grandparents being here illegally and their citizen grandchildren coming of age a handle is gotten on racist brown separatists, clueless or separatist "educators", and media which classifies and pushes us apart according to our skin colors and extremist presumption of ethnicity, and maybe we will have a chance of becoming us.

Do I think any of this is going to be easy? No. Not at all.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-25-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:25 PM
"SZinWestLA"

OK. Now I understand.

I was wondering which way you were going to go because, based upon your suggestion (legalizing the illegals brought here as minors, but not granting citizenship), you are going to succeed in doing one of two things. It's unavoidable. You chose "B."

A. Create a permanent underclass in American society. People who, for generations, occupy a sub-citizen caste.

B. Delay rewarding illegal alien families for successfully violating our laws, for one generation.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Nobody who has a non-citizen ancestor should be considered a US citizen. Nobody should be grandfathered. How long has this been going on? Isn't it obvious that the whole strategy is to create a situation "on the ground", to create a situation that appears to be unavoidable and uncontestable? A fait accompli?

Those who find they are not really US citizens can apply for citizenship. Anchor babies did not choose to be anchor babies. They are more eligible for citizenship then their parents, which is still to say, not very eligible at this point, but still more eligible than their parents.