Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events Official Events Managed, Assisted, or Supported By Save Our State

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-27-2011, 04:21 PM
SOS Associate

Default Save Our State In The N. Highlands Memorial Day Parade

Sos is entering the mobile billboard in the North Highlands Memorial Day Parade. If anyone would like to ride or walk along, please contact me at:
Davi@SaveOurState.info

Our theme is "In Memorium Of US Border Patrol Agents"

Quote:
On Monday, May 31, 2010, the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 4647 is proudly sponsoring the 44th Annual North Highlands/Antelope Community Memorial Day Parade, one of the oldest and largest Memorial Day Parades in the Greater Sacramento Area. The parade begins at 10 am and starts at the corner of Watt Avenue and I Street, at the Family Community Church. The parade route goes south on Watt Avenue from I Street to A Street.

The theme for the parade this year is “FOR THE PEOPLE – THEN AND NOW”, recognizing all those who have served this great nation, and those who are serving today, in whatever capacity, to insure the ideals of American Freedom will continue to thrive.

There will be local dignitaries, marching bands, classic cars, youth groups, service organizations, equestrian units, and any others who wish to participate. Entry into the parade is free. First, second and third place trophies will be awarded in each category listed on the Parade Entry Form. A “Judges Choice” trophy will also be awarded.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:25 PM
SOS Associate

I could use a cameraman on this one. We'll be sending out notification soon
Old 05-30-2011, 03:54 PM
SOS Associate

This parade turned out to be pretty good. There was 340 or so entrants, and quite a few spectators. The route was about 1 mile long. I got there a litle before 8:00 am, and put the final touches on like hanging the flag and papering the marquis. The had all you can eat pancakes for $3.00, and I ate nearly 7 with real, artery hardening butter from real cows. I milled around and met people for a while, and the time to start came a little after 10:00.

The crowd was excellent. A lot of people wave and said thank you, and clapped, etc. The reception for Border Patrol has improved here dramatically. There was almost zxero detractors this time. There were a very few snide comments, but they were overwhelmed by the supportive ones. Here's a few stills of the rig, and some video footage is in the works now

Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 PM
SOS Associate

Old 05-30-2011, 04:34 PM

Wow, I couldn't be there but I'm proud of you by just seeing that. Thank you AG!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:25 PM
SOS Associate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
SOS Associate

Old 05-30-2011, 06:11 PM
SOS Associate

Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 PM
SOS Associate

Things have turned around out there. Before, I'd get a bunch of thumbs down, or derogatory comments. But now it pretty much rah, rah, rah, all the way. There's just a lot more people fed up with illegals, what the government is doing for them, and their antics. It's a welcome change.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 AM

Hey great job of raising public awareness. i did not fail to notice the enthusiasm some of theses folks displayed. I agree that the public is tired of the illegals and the politicians.
You get a great big ata boy!