Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM

Default This business actuall says they will hire illegals

I found this on Craigslist. This business actually says they will ignore federal and state laws in hiring. Unbelievable.

Reply to: job-bu8jv-1641148993@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

University Village Thousand Oaks is Southern California's newest and most exciting continuing care retirement community. University Village offers an exceptional residential environment to seniors in independent living apartments and will offer assisted living and skilled nursing care.

University Village is currently seeking a Part Time Laundry Worker, who will be responsible carrying out the normal activities of the laundry, including washing, ironing, folding, sorting, etc. of clothing and linens.

Essential job duties of the Laundry Worker will include:

• Collects, cleans and redistributes the Community laundry.
• Ensures that all health Center laundry is properly sorted, washed and dried according to State and Federal regulations.
• Ensures that the laundry is maintained in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
• Maintains all equipment and supplies in proper condition.
• Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by the supervisor.
• Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
• Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.

Qualifications:
• Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
• Commercial laundry experience is desirable, but not required.
• Ability to process 50-60 pounds of laundry at a time.

University Village offers a competitive compensation package based on qualifications, and our employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, which includes dental, life, paid time off, 100% paid employee medical and a matching retirement plan.

Visit our website at www.uvto.com/jobs for an application. Email resume to careers@uvto.com or fax 805.241.3013

NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE

At University Village Thousand Oaks and OakView, our continued success depends on the full and effective recruitment and employment of qualified persons regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. It is our goal to recruit, hire and develop the best employees using only job-related qualifications.

We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates with qualifying skill sets will be contacted.
• Compensation: DOE
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• Please, no phone calls about this job!
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1641148993

OakView at University Village
3557 Campus Drive
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Tel 805-241-2000
info@visitoakview.com
Old 03-15-2010, 07:04 PM

WOW.

Has this been forwarded to ICE?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:53 AM

I couldn't believe it when I read that. They actually state they don't care about the law and will hire anyone they want to.

Something should be done to set then straight.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:02 AM

Default Sad

Unfortunately there seems to be an exemption in the Federal Law that gives domestic help a free pass.

In any event ICE will not do anything at all to apprehend such a maid, housekeeper.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Unfortunately there seems to be an exemption in the Federal Law that gives domestic help a free pass.

In any event ICE will not do anything at all to apprehend such a maid, housekeeper.
Maybe,but that doesn't prevent a bunch of bad publicity generated by a demonstration in front of their property.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55 View Post
Maybe,but that doesn't prevent a bunch of bad publicity generated by a demonstration in front of their property.
I agree with you completely. If we can get enough Ventura County people together, I'm down with doing it.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
As seen on TV!

"or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws"

So does that mean They'll hire wanted Fugitives, Arsonists, Rapists, Murderers as well?

Being this blatant, They really should be in trouble for such a posting.

It takes 2 flags to pull-down a Craigslist posting, gotta link?...I'm good for 1.

CB.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 AM

Default Suggestions

First, I couldn't get the link to the ad to work for me.

Second, I have some reservations that they actually intended to be so blatant and defiant. My opinion is that they should be contacted for a clarification, first. It may just be poorly written.

Third, I would suggest sending them a copy of the Federal Customs and Immigration laws.

Fourth I would sniff around and try to ascertain if the place is loaded up with illegal aliens and if it is then there is a good cause for ICE actions, a raid and penalties.

Fifth, if they have more than 10 illegal aliens employed for a year that is cause for a citizens recourse RICO action.