Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2010, 04:53 PM
SOS Associate

Default Email Addresses Being Hacked

Over the past two months or less, I've recieved emails from two people within the patriot movement that were similar in effort, but slightly different in body:

Quote:
Hello!
I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my trip ... I'm currently in Wales, on a short vacation as I write this ... what happened today is unbelievable, and now I am stuck here. I got mugged at gun point on my way to the hotel and my money, credit cards,phone and other valuables were stolen. Thank God they did not take my passport. I urgently need your help. I JUST NEED $2000 USD TO SORT OUT MY HOTEL BILLS BUT I'LL APPRECIATE ANY AMOUNT YOU CAN AFFORD, I promise to pay you back once I get home. I do have cash in my account, but I can't access it right now because I had to cancel all my credit cards that were stolen!! I'm sending this from a free internet connection at the public library. I will be forever grateful if you can help me. Please respond quickly, as my flight leaves in a few hours and I need to pay my hotel bill. Please save me from the embarrassment of not being able to cover the charges.
This latter one came today from Border Raven's email address, but the other one came from a current SOS faithful Dawes:

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:09 AM
Subject: MY PLIGHT.......

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I came down here to United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately i was mugged at the park of the hotel where i stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off me but luckily for me i still have my passports with me.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and my flight leaves in less than 4hrs from now but am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the bills,

Am freaked out at the moment and i need your help right away.
Be careful out there, because both emails bore the original email account names for both of these two, Dawes had his usual signature quote as well as his real name. I don't think they have targeted SOS per se, because Border Raven isn't with us here, but it may be that they are targeting patriot minded users

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 09-08-2010 at 06:34 PM.