Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM
SOS Associate

Default Arnold Issues Border Security Bulletin

08/20/2010 GAAS:534:10 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Print Version | ShareThis
Quote:

Governor Schwarzenegger Discusses Importance of Securing Our Borders in Weekly Radio Address Audio and YouTube links and transcript of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's weekly radio address are below.

Audio:

The 3-minute, 56-second address is available at:
http://gov.ca.gov/mp3/press/govaddre...s_08202010.mp3. The file is 922 KB.

YouTube:

The 3- minute, 58-second address is available at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4KnKeiyyI.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger:

Hello, this is Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with another California Report.

This week, I want to talk to you about something that is critical to the safety of our state and our nation.

And that is securing our borders.

Today, we are in the midst of a heated national debate on immigration.

But regardless of party or politics, securing our border is something we should be able to agree on.

Right now, our border is a war zone.

There is violence, murders, kidnappings, human trafficking and, of course, illegal crossings.
We have people casually walking across the border into our country with machine guns and drugs, and who knows what else because there are gaping holes in our fence and not enough border patrols.

The United States is polluted with drugs from Mexico and other countries south of us.

And let me remind you, it is not all a one-way street.

People from America are smuggling weapons into Mexico for the drug lords.

This has to stop.

We have to secure our borders and stop all the mayhem, illegal crossings and the
senseless violence.

Now three months ago, President Obama announced a plan to send 1,200 National Guard troops to help secure our Southwest border for up to one year.

So I say to myself, okay, one year, that sounds great.

But what happens after one year?

When we pull our National Guard back are they being replaced with Border Patrol?

I mean, I don’t know.

But let’s assume they are.

Is 1,200 more really enough to secure our border?

That is really the question.

I don’t think so.

What they tell me down there when I talk to the Border Patrol is they need thousands and thousands and thousands more.

As a matter of fact, I would say we need altogether 50,000 on the border.

So I wanted to, of course, participate and help.

So I support this mission.

I ordered 260 California Guardsmen to deploy to our border.

This week, I got the chance to tour the border and visit our troops in San Diego where they have been training.

Let me tell you, I am so proud to be the commander in chief of the best-trained and most capable Guard in the nation.

In fact, I am proud to say that our National Guard troops are the first in the nation to be trained and ready for this mission.

Now, back in 1986, when Washington did comprehensive immigration reform, they promised the American people they would secure the border once and for all.

But for more than two decades the federal government has failed to meet that fundamental responsibility.

They have broken their promise.

That is why the American people are fed up.

That is why they have lost faith in their leaders and in government.

Securing the border has to be our number one responsibility.

Yes, it is a great challenge.
It will not be easy.

But unless we take this seriously, we will always be a step behind.

This is why I urge President Obama and Congress to take swift and bold action.

We need more manpower, more infrastructure, more surveillance, more of everything
to stop this craziness.

And we also need, once and for all, comprehensive immigration reform.

Thank you for watching, and thank you for listening.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 AM

In what context is he speaking about needing "comprehensive immigration reform"?

He referred to the 1986 law as "comprehensive immigration reform" which would be working if it were enforced.

A lot of what he said sounds great on the surface, but is he waffling?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:06 AM
SOS Associate

Waffling; wouldn't that be a Belgian term? Arnold is Austrian
Old 08-23-2010, 10:16 AM

I almost threw in something about Arnold getting out his waffle iron in the above post, but decided not to get punny.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:30 PM

Notice he blames US citizens for gun trafficking into Mexico? This is all a vain display in order to make California Republicans look different from the Democrats.

Arnold needs to go back to Austria where he belongs and be useless on somebody else's time.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:04 PM

I am so glad that SOS is back in action because, even though the country is now awakened to the problem of illegal, immigration, California is still the headquarters of the invasion with no hope in sight. I was hoping that some california leaders would show up and start acting like a Jan Brewer, but no such luck. It seems that California is just full of liberals and rinos. Meg Whitman, the founder of ebay looked like a really terrific candidate. Then she revealed her true open borders self. She is just a female Schwarzenegger, hanging out with the big money/cheap labor guys.

If California could get a fire going, it would make a big difference because the bankruptcy of California is going to pull down the country. Also, California is the #1 sanctuary state. We have to sweep out as many illegals as possible from California because they are breeding really fast.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastGrannie View Post

It seems that California is just full of liberals and rinos. Meg Whitman, the founder of ebay looked like a really terrific candidate. Then she revealed her true open borders self. She is just a female Schwarzenegger, hanging out with the big money/cheap labor guys.

Meg Whitman had nothing to do with the founding or creation of eBay. She was hired as an executive, the president, nothing more.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:40 PM

About Arnold, I think he and McCain are on the same RINO track. The RINOS want to please their big business cheap-labor buddies. If you notice that they are now all about border security whereas a few years ago they would not even touch the discussion of border security. They just stuck with the "all the migrants are good people who do jobs that Americans won't do" talking points. Now that all hell has broken out along the border, they have no choice but trying to sound tough on border security. They make this concession because they have no other alternative. However, they have something else up their sleeves. Since they represent the business, Republican establishment, they are more interested in cheap labor than votes. Bush got into the contest for the Latino vote with the Democrats but the Republicans are driven more by business interests than Latino votes.

If you have listened over the years, the Republicans hint about "more willing workers" being matched up with jobs. I think they want large migrations of Mexican workers rather than legalizing them and making them citizens -- the Democrats want that. The RINOS like Arnold and McCain are emphasizing border security now but later they will push for some very generous to employers worker program that will allow employers to name their terms. With large numbers of guest workers, the corporate elite will enjoy a constant flow of cheap labor that will keep wages down.