Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 AM

Default New poll shows shift in Californian public attitudes toward illegal immigrants

New poll shows shift in Californian public attitudes toward illegal immigrants
LOS ANGELES, April 4 (Xinhua) -- In a departure from voter attitudes in the past, Californian voters are much more conflicted about whether to deny taxpayer-supported social services to illegal immigrants, according to a new poll published on Sunday.
The poll results reveal important shifts in public attitudes toward illegal immigrants in California, a bellwether U.S. state for the debate over immigration policy.
Among registered voters, more than 47 percent oppose proposals to deny social services such as public schooling and emergency room care to illegal immigrants, while 45 percent support the proposals, the poll showed.
A majority of Democratic voters (55 percent) and decline-to- state voters (53 percent) would not deny illegal immigrants social services, compared to 31 percent of Republican voters. In support of denying illegal immigrants social services are 37 percent of Democrats, 40 percent of decline-to-state voters and 61 percent of Republicans.
However, among Republican voters, more oppose denying undocumented immigrants access to taxpayer-funded social services (31 percent) than oppose creating a path to citizenship (29 percent). Seventy-five percent of Republicans favor temporary worker programs and 65 percent of Republicans favor creating a path to legalization, according to the poll.
Of the three immigration policy options provided in the poll, all of which included stronger border enforcement, denying undocumented immigrants social services was the least popular option for Democratic voters and independent voters. About two- thirds of both Democratic voters and decline-to-state voters support temporary worker programs and creating a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
Overall, almost 70 percent of registered voters support temporary worker programs that do not grant legal citizenship; 67 percent support a path to legalization for undocumented immigrants that includes learning English and paying fines and back taxes; and 45 percent support prohibiting illegal immigrants from using social services.
The poll, conducted by the University of Southern California ( USC) College of Letters, Arts & Sciences and the Los Angeles Times, is the largest statewide sample of registered voters in California this year.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13237304.htm
Old 04-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Archer

I had no idea you folks in California now feel this way, I'm shocked.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:39 PM

How was the poll conducted? How were the questions asked? What do people who don't respond to polls think?

I've been taking a sort of break for a few days, not paying much attention to the "news" or much else in the public fodder domain.

However, I believe I heard that Boxer, in spite of how her popularity has waned, stands a good chance of retaining her seat. And we all know where she stands on conferring citizenship to the illegally present.

That fact, and and this quote

Quote:
Overall, almost 70 percent of registered voters support temporary worker programs that do not grant legal citizenship; 67 percent support a path to legalization for undocumented immigrants that includes learning English and paying fines and back taxes; and 45 percent support prohibiting illegal immigrants from using social services.
makes me wonder just exactly how far Californians actually have moved into the piss off mode, as the article suggests, then proceeds to refute the concept with the above quote.

Or am I just not comprehending the written material?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:13 AM

Don't believe the polls.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:20 AM

Default Me Too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Don't believe the polls.
It's just more liberal chicanery.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Archer

Poll takers were probably illegal
Old 04-08-2010, 10:21 AM