Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Default Went to my Congressman's office today

I stopped by my Congressman's office (Buck McKeon)this morning to delivered a letter.

The office was totally empty, except the 3-4 people that work there. They were actually rather startled that someone came in.

I had been in contact with them recently to see if I could schedule a meeting. So this morning I thought I would drop off a letter, and express my concerns about the push to create immigration legislation in the House.

I briefly discussed my letter and opinions with the receptionist/person in charge of dealing with constituents. It was all fairly cordial, but I got the strange feeling unannounced visitors was a bit too assertive for them.

Buck McKeon gets an A rating on immigration from Numbers USA, but between us, I don't trust any Politician.

I particularly made an office visit today (Tuesday), because on Wednesday, July,10 the Republicans are meeting on the big closed door immigration meeting with Boehner.

Any thoughts on Congressional office visits? and dealing with the staff of politicians?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:23 PM
SOS Associate

I used to go all the time, but the catch is, it was in the federal courthouse. No cameras allowed. They don't get that many visitors; that should be a given. But if more people went there, they'd probably just restrict it more. I liked to catch them out in the field at home, and surprise them when they are planning a sweet little press opportunity to promote some favored constituent group..read...promote themselves. But there you get some raw face to face.....which is SOS specialty
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 PM

In general Buck McKeon is pretty good on immigration issues, but I'm still calling his offices and writing.

Something also tells me not to fully trust him either. One just never knows when they're going to sell you out.

The staff was polite, but you could tell they really didn't want me there.

Unfortunately, If things start to go south for us in the House of Representatives, I might become a frequent visitor at that office.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:12 AM

I spoke to McKeon while I was in DC a few years back when they were trying the last amnesty and received basic lip service. But the real kicker was when he put down the City Councilman (can't remember his name) who supported SOS and attended our rally to stop immigration. He (the Councilman) was criticized for saying "If supporting our country and laws makes me a racist, then I'm a racist." Or something to that affect.