Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-05-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We have our own rules of conduct and code of behavior to uphold, so it isn't relative to what Runner thinks, or Gitlin, for that matter. We won't be apologizing for any broad spectrum that might give rise to be supportive of Runner's political agenda, or his actions towards us or the competition there that day. It's one thing, and that one thing only. It serves to remind us that we are leaders of our own domain, and we don't fear being seen as weak of obligatory because we issue and apology for a breach of our own manners. We apologize for our manners and nothing else. This goes in the "mob rule" column. We may be angry and ready for retribution against politicians, but we do it in an organized, officially sanctioned, and proper way. We want people to trust us, and know that when they are invited to attend our events that they will be given the respect due any guest. All visiting dignitaries(using the term loosely) get treated in a diplomatic fashion when visiting from outside the US. Castro came to the US, and was not humiliated as he addressed the event attendees. That's how diplomacy works. When they leave, beat them up all you want for their views, but not at the dinner table that they were cordially invited to.
We'd be doing it for us. We are allowed to hold our own heads up, even after the fact.
Well then by all means do apologize to Mr Runner. Just make sure that you make it clear to him that I am not a part of that apology.

If he hadn't opened his mouth as he did nothing would have occurred. Also make sure that he knows that you weren't there. I am sure he will eat it up.

By now Roger has beaten you to the apology table.

Using Castro as an example is a very poor analogy...look at what he went on to do. Better for him to have been denounced immediately.
Realistically an apology should come from me not you...and that ain't happening.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Well then by all means do apologize to Mr Runner. Just make sure that you make it clear to him that I am not a part of that apology.

If he hadn't opened his mouth as he did nothing would have occurred. Also make sure that he knows that you weren't there. I am sure he will eat it up.

By now Roger has beaten you to the apology table.

Using Castro as an example is a very poor analogy...look at what he went on to do. Better for him to have been denounced immediately.
Realistically an apology should come from me not you...and that ain't happening.
OK, let's use another analogy:

Remember the US embassy take-over in Iran? The US embassy was a guest on their soil. The Iranians tossed out all protocols and went in using their immediate feelings. How well did that work for them in the longrun? Who trusted them after that?
By contrast, take a look at the incident in London where the libyans in their embassy fired on protesters on the street below, killing a female Bobby in the process. The british certainly had every provocation to go in guns blazing by natural standards. They did not however, and followed the protocols befitting their standards and expelled the lot of them after. Then, a few years later, granted airspace to US warplanes as the bombed Tripoli.
I'm asking that we don't become slaves to our emotions.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:02 AM

"I'm asking that we don't become slaves to our emotions."

You won't get an argument from me on that.

I believe that we should exercise greater judgment in selecting those invited to speak. Runner doesn't cut it for me.

Rather than putting traitors on display at our rallies I believe that we should host their replacements.

Again I have no objection to you issuing an apology if you feel that it is appropriate. Just make sure that I am not a part of that apology.

I guarantee you that in the future Runner will respect me and not someone issuing apologies after he "F'd" it up.

The same happened with Sheriff Lee Bacca. He made the mistake of getting in my face at a meeting with his people. Today he says "Hi Frank".

He may not know who a thousand of his deputies are but he knows me.
He knows where I stand and he would not dare disrespect me.

Runner will also fall in line the same way.

I generally feel some remorse after being rough with anyone but I do not here.

Key point: Neither you nor Jean were there to see him in action. I will never reward his kind of behavior with an apology.

As for all the others in other orgs issuing condemnations and wanting to give Runner an apology, they are tripping over themselves to remain in good graces with someone who is not on their team.

Runner is a cold hearted individual.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 AM
SOS Associate

OK, I see we are not going to agree on this at all, so let's just not argue over it anymore.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:02 AM

It was never an argument for me AG, just an exchange of ideas.
It will not cause me to think less of you and the group if you do issue an apology.
We all have to do what we feel we must do.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
"I'm asking that we don't become slaves to our emotions."

You won't get an argument from me on that.

I believe that we should exercise greater judgment in selecting those invited to speak. Runner doesn't cut it for me.

Again I have no objection to you issuing an apology if you feel that it is appropriate. Just make sure that I am not a part of that apology.

I guarantee you that in the future Runner will respect me and not someone issuing apologies after he "F'd" it up.

I generally feel some remorse after being rough with anyone but I do not here.

Key point: Neither you nor Jean were there to see him in action. I will never reward his kind of behavior with an apology.
1. Please make sure that I am not a part of that apology.

2. I thought Runner was there for an Anti Illegal Alien Rally not part of a Tea Party Rally, this is where misunderstandings come into play. When you start putting everything and anything in the mix. KISS! No one knows what is going on or why they are there.

3. I say screw the people of SCV. What a bunch of idiots! All they are talking about is the incident with the Pastor/Runner/Frank. Not one mention of the fact that at the start of the Rally we were INVADED. A group of foreign nationals INVADED the rally site, speaking in a foreign language as they chanted Si Se Puede, (YES WE CAN) Si Se Puede and carrying signs in a foreign language. One woman barked, “We work so hard”.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 AM

UPDATED: Santa Clarita council candidate arrested for alleged rape of 14-year-old girls

Santa Clarita City Council candidate Johnny Pride was arrested March 4 on suspicion of raping multiple victims younger than 18.
Dan Watson (The Signal)

By Signal Staff
Posted: March 5, 2010 10:54 a.m.
POSTED March 6, 2010 12:41 a.m.
1 Image

Santa Clarita City Council candidate Johnny Pride has been arrested on suspicion of raping two 14-year-old girls, a sheriff's report said.

Pride, 26, of Valencia, was booked on charges of rape, lewd conduct with a minor, sodomy, oral copulation of a minor and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, the report stated.

He is expected to appear in court Monday.

The exact details of the alleged crimes could not be released because the victims were minors, said sheriff's Detective Brian Hudson of the Special Victims Bureau, which is heading up the investigation.

Detectives arrested Pride on Thursday at 5:37 p.m. He was being held in lieu of $500,000 bail.

Pride was arrested just hours after participating in a candidates' forum at a Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce luncheon.

Pride, a model and actor, has appeared in at least two reality television shows, including "The Conveyor Belt of Love," in which he wore only bikini briefs and held a dog, and in "The Battle of the Bods," which showed Pride wearing only boxer-briefs.

During his campaign for City Council, he said he works often with children and claimed to have started a nonprofit organization to bring them school supplies. However, the group he described was never registered with the state, as nonprofits are required to do.

Pride worked briefly for the William S. Hart Union High School District at Canyon High School in 2008 for less than a month, said district spokeswoman Pat Willett.

He was a walk-on coach and a substitute campus supervisor, though it was not clear which sport he coached, she said.

Just after he announced his candidacy, Pride's MySpace profile listed his hometown as "YOUR MOMS (sic) VAGINA" and his occupation as "Your moms (sic) boyfriend!"

He later changed his profile and told The Signal his MySpace profile had been hacked.

At the SCV Chamber of Commerce candidates' forum, Pride spoke about his involvement with the city's youth and families.

Jackie MacDougall, the co-founder of SCVmomsblog.com, asked all the candidates why they were the best choice for families.
Pride responded:

"Two years ago, I was a member of the city, state and national (Parent Teacher Association) and I have coached for the last three years in the city and I have dealt with numerous mothers," Pride said. "And I'll tell you what, I‘ve never seen a more active group."

The crowd laughed.

"Well, in a different way I've dealt with them, not in that way. I've heard their concerns and I know their struggle for safety, and they want the best for their children and I have dealt with that first-hand. So I know what they are looking for, and that is why I think I would be a great representative for the mothers out here."

Signal staff writers Jonathan Randles, Marianne Love and Brandon Lowrey contributed to this report.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Glory View Post
Please make sure that I am not a part of that apology.

I say screw the people of SCV. What a bunch of idiots! All they are talking about is the incident with the Pastor/Runner/Frank. Not one mention of the fact that at the start of the Rally we were INVADED. A group of foreign nationals INVADED the rally site, speaking in a foreign language as they chanted Si Se Puede, (YES WE CAN) Si Se Puede and carrying signs in a foreign language. One woman barked, “We work so hard”.
Case in Point:

Not so fast, Reza
Mitch Bruckner
Newhall

Posted: March 4, 2010 10:57 p.m.
POSTED March 5, 2010 4:55 a.m.

Regarding "Kellar should be applauded" (The Signal, Feb. 20):

"When you cross our borders without permission, you are here illegally and are not entitled to any benefits - period, end of discussion. It's very black and white in my book; no gray area," Mary Reza wrote.

Really? What if someone here illegally, is robbed of his or her hard-earned day's pay and is shot in the chest? Should they be denied medical benefits?

Illegal immigration is a complicated problem. Like all complicated societal issues, solutions require careful thought and responsible leadership.

Economic issues have always been the driving force behind immigration to this great land. Like all the immigrant families that have preceded them, our Mexican neighbors come here with the dream of earning a living and proudly assimilating.

Economics, not liberal politics, is at the root of the difficulties we are now encountering with our most recent generation of immigrants.

"It's about time someone locally spoke out publicly about our illegal immigration problem. Yes, it's crippling us financially and culturally.

It's a fact, folks," Reza wrote.

Not so fast. Many U.S. companies and residents alike derive financial benefit from illegal immigration.

Personally, what I believe is crippling our nation is a broken political system which caters only to the rich and powerful. The world's financial titans pull all the strings of our elected dummies, hoarding all the money, while the middle class receives less and less basic services.

Race-baiting effectively distracts the mob from what is harming us most, turning us against one another while nothing ever changes. No finance reform despite a world teetering on financial collapse. No health care reform. No money for education. Not even immigration reform. Only corporate bailouts.

It is our broken, corrupt political system that is crippling us. Not illegal immigrants. Stoking the ugly, racist instincts of the voting mob accomplishes nothing of value for society.

I believe Bob Kellar is a good man and I'm glad he is on our City Council. The silly debate concerning his recent comments is an unfortunate distraction.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
A group of foreign nationals INVADED the rally site, speaking in a foreign language as they chanted Si Se Puede, (YES WE CAN) Si Se Puede and carrying signs in a foreign language. One woman barked, “We work so hard”.
I would like to tell that woman what hard work is. The Texas sun that I worked in was as hot as any sun in CA and we (kids) worked full days and never complained. I wonder what she calls 'hard' work. There are many hard working people besides her and her group.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I would like to tell that woman what hard work is. The Texas sun that I worked in was as hot as any sun in CA and we (kids) worked full days and never complained. I wonder what she calls 'hard' work. There are many hard working people besides her and her group.
The definition of "Hard work" is relative to one's individual experience in life.

One thing I have seen over the years is a tendency for people to judge others (both favorably and unfavorably) in occupations and conditions they themselves have never experienced.

Some of the worst are managers and supervisors who have never engaged in the occupations they are overseeing, but people of every stripe somehow become "experts" concerning occupations they have never experienced. And, the greater the wealth of one who passes judgment, the less understanding there is.

As well with the working class, if someone has a larger wage rate than "I", then that person doesn't really earn his money and rather than aspire to "His" income, "I" will demand that he be brought down to "mine".

The old 19th century Robber Baron quote - "I can hire half the working class to kill the other half".

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-07-2010 at 06:04 AM.