Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Default Maxine Waters Denounces Koran Burning-In 1992 It was "No Justice, No Peace"

African Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif) has come out against the Florida minister's proposal to burn the Koran and says she is "shocked and appalled."

In 1992, when her fellow Africans were looting and burning Los Angeles in the Rodney King Riots, she sang a different tune: "No justice, no peace."

According to Maxine Waters, Africans can burn cities, but one white person cannot burn a book on his/her own private property as a form of political protest.

http://www.wavenewspapers.com/news/l...102660614.html

Old 09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
African Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif) has come out against the Florida minister's proposal to burn the Koran and says she is "shocked and appalled."

In 1992, when her fellow Africans were looting and burning Los Angeles in the Rodney King Riots, she sang a different tune: "No justice, no peace."

According to Maxine Waters, Africans can burn cities, but one white person cannot burn a book on his/her own private property as a form of political protest.

I don't see the issue as black and white. Koran burners may also be black, since there's a significant amount of black christians. So I see her as a typical one world sellout, not a racist. You think she wouldn't have said the same thing if the minister who threatened to burn a Koran was black...or African?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:09 AM

Double post

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-12-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:

To most of those people you refer to as "Africans" Africa is something in books or on TV, and Maxine Waters was born in Missouri.

There was a white woman from South Africa who became an American citizen and liked to toss out the joke that she is "African American", which is far more true than black Americans who are described as such.

Labels based on race are misleading. Somehow whites are "American", brown is "Mexican", Black is "African American" and people who tend to have the Mongolian fold in their eyes are "Asian". Yet if they are from America people from anywhere else in the world would describe them as American, as Maxine Waters would be if she visited any country in Africa.

Hard as so many people from racist Jose Angel Gutierrez to racist David Duke try so hard to make it so, race is not an indication of nationality, legal status, language, culture, religion, political persuasion, or whether or not someone is a good neighbor. Nor is it an indicator of criminality.

Or the quality of your son in law.

Why is someone's ancestry so important to you? So far you've hit them all except for "japs" and "chinks".

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-12-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
To most of those people you refer to as "Africans" Africa is something in books or on TV, and Maxine Waters was born in Missouri.

There was a white woman from South Africa who became an American citizen and liked to toss out the joke that she is "African American", which is far more true than black Americans who are described as such.

Labels based on race are misleading. Somehow whites are "American", brown is "Mexican", Black is "African American" and people who tend to have the Mongolian fold in their eyes are "Asian". Yet if they are from America people from anywhere else in the world would describe them as American, as Maxine Waters would be if she visited any country in Africa.

Hard as so many people from racist Jose Angel Gutierrez to racist David Duke try so hard to make it so, race is not an indication of nationality, legal status, language, culture, religion, political persuasion, or whether or not someone is a good neighbor. Nor is it an indicator of criminality.

Why is someone's ancestry so important to you? So far you've hit them all except for "japs" and "chinks".
I was going to answer Don's post, however after reading your post, ilbegone, I don't think I can add anything to this.
I do think Don is probably on the wrong forum.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post

How amazing that you're more angry with me for calling people what they are than with a high government official like Maxine Waters who defended looting and burning by people on the basis of their skin color.

You obviously haven't read "Dreams From My [Polygamist] Father" by Barry Soetoro, aka Barak Obama. Blacks are very covetous of their African heritage and he explicitly says so many times in his book. This narcissistic neurotic goes on for several hundred pages about his years of anguish, drug and alcohol abuse and inner conflict between his African roots and his white mother. Barack's (half) brother, Roy, aka Adongo, is described in "Dreams" as returning to his roots in Kenya so as to escape the "poison of European culture." [The same poisonous culture that gave Barack, his father and his affirmative action wife Harvard educations.)

Their ancestry is important to them. Rev. Wright wore native African costumes in his church that was based on the "Black Value System". Do blacks have different values than whites? Well Barack and Rev. Wright say so. Rev. Wright has also publicly stated that black children's brains work differently than white children's brains. According to the President's African pastor, black children do poorly in school because public education is designed for white children. That is what the man said. In "Dreams", Barack describes his work as a community organizer with school teachers who teach "African" subjects, history, culture, values etc. He is bewildered that they still deal drugs, join gangs and shoot each other after being indoctrinated with "African" values. He thinks that they will stop shooting each other if dirty rotten greedy white people just pay more taxes.

"Someone else's ancestry" is certainly important to the "NAACP", the "Black Caucus", La Raza, etc. It's certainly important to Maxine Waters who has grown wealthy as a mouthpiece for "minority owned banks."

During the last presidential campaign, I was stunned to hear Hillary Clinton pledge to "double the amount of federal aid to historic black colleges." Federal aid to "black" schools? I thought that giving tax money to racially denominated schools was unconstitutional since Brown v. Bd. of Ed. Well that prohibition only applies to dirty rotten white racial schools, not to "black" racial schools.

Read Obama's book before you crap on me for stating the obvious.

Last edited by Don; 09-12-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 AM

Naacp and NCLR are racist organizations, black and hispanic caucuses are racist, race based scholarships, race based curriculum and race based educational facilities are racist.

And it's obvious that people who are obsessed with race are racists. The only one crapping on you is yourself.

I have a mixed race household, and while there is a lot of Mexico around my house, it is not Mexico. While it is not my experience, I understand some things about people who were first born in the United States and somewhat about Mexicans. Does that make me free of prejudice? No.

Does that fact make people of other races who are prejudiced against me saints? No.

Everyone is prejudiced about something, what counts is what one does with it.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:51 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:

Don, you are to be awarded points for consistency. Once again, you have managed to dig up the race or ethnicity conflict angle on this story that almost everyone else missed.

It's not that this Koran burning plan in Gainesville doesn't already have an inherent ethnicity/race angle; it's just that you "found" a new one.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post

It's not that this Koran burning plan in Gainesville doesn't already have an inherent ethnicity/race angle; it's just that you "found" a new one.
Where do you get the idea that there was an ethnic or racial angle to the plan to burn Korans in Gainsville? Did the preacher say something that the media missed? If there had been anything but a religious dimension to it, I'm sure the media whipping up hysteria against it would have mentioned that by now.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:46 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
How amazing that you're more angry with me for calling people what they are than with a high government official like Maxine Waters who defended looting and burning by people on the basis of their skin color.
Calling people what they "are" seems to have a more racially focused point to you than to the rest of us. I;d wager that most of the people you refer to as Africans don't really thing of themselves that way, and I'll go further and say there'd be a lot less use of that term in the first place if government whores in various places did not place it at the forefront. I'll say that it beats some other less endearing terms out there in circulation yet, but I work for the day that there are Americans without prefixes.
Now, if you could kindly point out where Waters referred to defending the rioters on the basis of their skin color?

Quote:
Read Obama's book before you crap on me for stating the obvious
No thanks; I'm still kicking myself for giving another radical, Abby Hoffman, 5.00 for a copy of his Steal This Book