Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-12-2010, 10:53 AM

Default DHS website - Our Borders.

The Department of Homeland Security has a relatively new website:

http://ourborder.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

Where you can post comments. They are asking for input from citizens. You can reach the officials and sound off.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:15 PM
SOS Associate

Yes, several of us went there shortly after it opened and exchanged some posts. I saw it as fruitless for me, although I did notice that there were a few immigration lawyers running the show on some threads.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 AM

Default http://api.ning.com/files/HJTrRpy9tz7N53vWNFnRBxz2tF2z6DRua1*jiBcfBHZgs-RXF8wJegjr-be

http://api.ning.com/files/HJTrRpy9tz...August2010.pdf
Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 AM

Basically it is a pro illegal site which really is ran by some DHS employees.

From one revealing gem of a post from moderator "DHS Richard", it became clear that if there were not a continuing mountain of immigration papers to process at DHS, there would be a "force reduction" in that governmental entity.

Once again, the stand is one of self interest, what one has to gain or lose. In this case it has to do with jobs within a federal department. So, they are on board as a department for "comprehensive immigration reform".

As far as posting there: if one is a prodigious poster who consistently delivers truth and stands by the truth, there will be an attempt to sidetrack off the topic for a page or four, and the poster will then receive an IP block.

That's how it worked with me. There was something about confirming the member's email address (which I had forgotten the password to, I only used it once to register on that site), but I couldn't get back in to post regardless of how I tried to re-register.

They will also remove posts which are contrary to the agenda.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-14-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:29 AM
As seen on TV!

^That's what I found too, mostly open-border types leading the show on that site.
I was going to register, but for the reasons You mentioned, I did'nt, thinking They'd just track my IP.
Looks like we were both right.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 AM

Default Yes, I agree.

Can't say that I disagree with the comments.

I was skeptical going in from the beginning and not much was seen or read that would have persuaded me to change my mind.

Since the early days when some here may have visited, Alan Bersin, Border Czar, came on board, a few months ago. He is basically promoting the fiction that "- the border is as safe as it has ever been".

The site essentially is anti SB-1070 and it apparently follows the official administration party line. Remember Guys, what motivates them:

* They are Government. Can't really trash their boss can they.

* It's their neck. They don't want adverse publicity that will reflect badly on them and leave an impression that they are not effective. Naturally it's CYA time. *( Cover your xxx ).

Last edited by wetibbe; 08-16-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:29 AM

Default It happened !

Yes, as the above posters said:

A bleeding heart, sob sister college professor posted a sad tale about a student and her family that got caught in Chandler, Arizona and were detained for deportation.

Then she followed with a post about her walk through of her neighborhood and observing all of the empty houses.

I responded actually taking DHS's position. And all of my comments were deleted as well as another posters who also took DHS's position.

Yes, the site does seem to be tilted to the left and sympathetic to the open borders people.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:12 AM

Default Have to back off a bit !

Yesterdays and todays posts on the "Borders" website seem to make me reflect and back off a bit. Comments made by DHS web attendants/moderators seem to indicate some moderation and reason. We will see.