Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM

Default Please leave a comment for this sell out Republican article.

Please leave a message for this feel good article on Senator Rubio's upcoming amnesty bill.
It's published by a supposed "conservative" news and info site called "conservative intelligence".
I've been getting their emails recently, probably because I've given some money to some candidate or because I'm a registered Republican.

It's asking their "Conservative" readers to have an "open mind" about Rubio's immigration proposal.
It's complete with all of the usual platitudes and false choices of either amnesty or total deportation of all 11-20 million.

In my opinion it's goal is to start preparing the emotional and low info Republican voters to choose the easy choice and give up and trust Benedict Rubio.

I left a comment, please leave a comment if you think it's worth while.

http://conservativeintel.com/2013/01...igration-plan/
Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 AM

Default In hibernation>

Hi Greg. No responses !

Looks like either everyone has gone into hibernation or they are burned out or just too disappointed to say much any longer. I bought a new computer in December with Windows 8. It is quite different. I spend a lot of time on the Windows 8 forums. That's where the action is. There will be 150 people on at the same time. That's what people are concerned with now !

It I told you what is going on here in my county and state with the Legislature and Governor it would make you sicker than I am.

I'm disappointed with Marco Rubio. He talks a good game but deep down inside he is Cuban, a Latino and a product of recent immigrants. I don't trust him. Won't beat up on him, he is a Republican but that doesn't mean very much anymore.

Politicians are Politicians. They will say anything to get votes and stay in office. If he thought being pro-amnesty, pro-open borders would help him I don't think much would stop him.

Chris Christie, New Jersey Governor, is a hard core Republican Conservative. But when he was running for office, campaigning, he was meeting with the Latinos and immigrants and kissing up outrageously, making promises.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 AM
SOS Associate

Greg, there are so many things to comment on right now. Each person's newspaper, the several TV stations, and some radio, as well as the legislative commentary allowed during fed, state, and local bodies.
Plus, maybe a lot of people just don't want to give Rubio the recognition, or his allies in the press
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 PM

Ayatollah and Wettibe, yes you are right that there is a lot to comment on right now. I don't know why I got all caught up in that nothing blog that I posted about.

I guess I'm getting all caught up in how Benedict Rubio is willing to sell the country, and "Conservatives" are willing to follow because Rubio is the salesman of the amnesty.

Honestly it's so frustrating to see Republicans following Rubio, like he is some sort of saint. I liked him a lot in 2010, but now we're seeing his true self and finding out that he is just as awful as George Bush.

I'm always being reminded how Americans get caught up in certain personalities and ignore the facts of what that person or politician does.

Example: Rubio is currently peddling the same amnesty that Bush and McCain and Kennedy tried to pass in 2006-2007 with just a slightly lengthier time before they can vote Democrat, and the people on that blog were willing to go along with Rubio, just because Rubio had been branded as some sort of "true" conservative.

It's such an eye opener to see so many Republicans so eager to wave the white flag of surrender, just because their naive, don't want their "Saint Rubio", desainted. Or maybe they are just tired of the fight.

Right now we've got Rubio, Sean Hannity, Peggy Noonan, Paul Ryan, and John Boehner all coming out in favor of amnesty. To hell with them all, but it's still a shocker to many to see such an about face and with such little to gain.

I know many here will say; "we told you so", but we're the educated minority in regards to immigration and amnesty. We've seen the up's and downs in this battle and know who is not really on our side.

It's going to be a real upset for many Republicans when we have to desaint their saint Rubio, and they realize that he's really a Benedict Rubio.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 AM

The Republican party has been taken in from the recent electoral loss and is succumbing to the open borders squeaky wheel.

I believe that right up to the election the polls indicated that most people who are pigeon holed as "Latinos" were primarily concerned about the economy - just like everyone else. Immigration issues were more than one or two notches down.

Obama was reelected because of:

Nasty Republican infighting, they largely did the Democrat's campaign work for them

Being suckered into playing the game with Democrat cards

The sheer number of people who are benefitting from government the way it is now: nearly 50% of Americans pay no taxes at all and I believe about the same number recieve some sort of benefit from government programs, not counting those who are or are hoping to recieve some sort of civil service retirements.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.