Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-01-2011, 05:15 AM

Default John and Ken under attack

[B]I hope the link works. The story is in the LA Times.
Next time someone gives you the "They are just poor immigrants, remind them that they are Illegal Invaders.They vow to force John and Ken off the air the way they did Lou Dobbs,

Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 AM

Default Groups want 'John and Ken' show off the air

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6290281.story

Groups want 'John and Ken' show off the air

The popular KFI radio hosts gave out the cellphone number of an immigrant rights activist, prompting hate-filled calls. Minority and immigrant rights groups say they will boycott advertisers if the show isn't taken off the air.
Long-time immigrant rights activist Jorge-Mario Cabrera is used to being called to task for his views. But when radio hosts John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou recently gave out his cellphone number on the air in a campaign against the California Dream Act, he found himself unprepared for the barrage of hate-filled phone calls that followed.

"Hi, this message is for Mr. Cabrera," one caller said in a voice mail transcribed by Cabrera. "Listen, you pile of garbage…You need to pack your [expletive] up and go back to wherever it is you came from. Nobody wants you here. You are invading the legal people that are in this country and ruining this country. I hope you choke in your own vomit."

In the days after the KFI-AM (640) radio hosts read Cabrera's cellphone and office numbers on the air and told listeners opposed to state tuition assistance for illegal immigrants to call him, Cabrera, a spokesman for the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, got more than 400 calls, many of them filled with hateful language and calls for violence.

"It's never been as cutting, as humiliating as these calls were," Cabrera said. "These calls were intent to diminish me as a person."

The incident struck a chord among leaders of civil and immigrant rights groups across the state, many of whom saw it as the latest example in a long history of the popular radio show inciting anger and vitriol.

"It was the last straw," said Alex Nogales, president and chief executive of the National Hispanic Media Coalition. "These guys have been at it day in and day out. It's the same ugly rhetoric."

The National Hispanic Media Coalition led what some believe was a successful campaign to get television host Lou Dobbs off the air at CNN for similar reasons. Dobbs resigned days after the coalition's president met with the head of the news network, but the network has denied that the meeting led to the resignation.

Now the coalition has joined with several major Latino and immigrant rights groups, including the National Assn. of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials and the National Immigration Law Center, in calling on the radio station to remove the show's hosts or face a boycott of its sponsors.

Robin Bertolucci, KFI's programming director, declined to discuss the incident but said she planned to meet soon with the group's representatives.

"We're looking forward to talking to them," she said. "I think that's the best place for us to discuss it."

The 'John and Ken' show is one of the most popular programs on one of the most popular radio stations in the region, and listeners seem to relish the hosts' anger and sense of outrage. While Illegal immigration has long been a particular focus of the show, it's only one of several favorite targets — the hosts have railed against taxes, labor unions and other pet causes for years with equally incendiary rhetoric.

The duo regularly uses cutting language to talk about legislators and often ask listeners to call the public phone lines of politicians who disagree with them.

Cabrera's numbers were read on air Sept. 1 during a campaign to defeat what the hosts call the "Illegal Alien California Dream Act," a reference to recently approved legislation that would extend state financial aid to college students who are in the U.S. illegally. Gov. Jerry Brown must still sign the bill before it becomes law.

John and Ken urged listeners to call Cabrera, saying he was planning a celebration "on the theft of tax money for illegal aliens." The phone calls started coming and, weeks later, still haven't completely stopped, Cabrera said. One man has called 32 times. Some calls were benign, like one woman who spoke in Spanish and said Cabrera's organization should work to benefit people who are in the country legally. Others were not:

"I hope somebody shoots you"; "fat pig…"; "We don't want your people here. You are dirty, you don't have any social skills…I hope you fall off the earth"; "I hope you're hit by a car walking across the street"; "Listen you pile of garbage, I hope you get … cancer tomorrow and start to die."

Henry Fernandez, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, who has reviewed some of the messages said that although the radio hosts didn't use such language themselves, they should be held accountable.

"They gave out the telephone number knowing that hateful and violent calls or threatening calls would be made to this individual," he said. "I don't think it's acceptable for radio hosts or television personalities to walk away from the violence that they incite."

Last week, the leaders of a dozen groups sent a letter to the station's market manager, program director and to Clear Channel Communications, which owns the station, asking for a meeting and demanding the John and Ken program be removed from the air.

"For years John and Ken have terrorized Los Angeles' Latino, Asian American and African American communities, creating an atmosphere of hate and intolerance and legitimizing violence and discrimination," the letter said. "There is every reason to believe it is John and Ken's intent to incite these verbal assaults and threats."

This month, the Korean American Community Lawyers Assn. also wrote to the station to complain about racist comments against Asians made by host Bill Handel during the "Handel on the Law" show, including one segment in which he said "Korean people hate Filipinos [except] when you're spending money there and they love you when you're cooking up your dog."

Brad Lee, the association's president, said Handel walked out of a meeting where the matter was discussed.

For his part, Cabrera said he was prepared to meet with the station's management sometime in the next several days to discuss the incident but that the demand that the hosts be taken off the air would not change.

"We are not against anyone being against our philosophy," he said. "But when they get to the level of acting like thugs with a microphone, then that's the problem."

paloma.esquivel@latimes.com

Copyright © 2011, Los Angeles Times
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 AM

I love these guys!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom View Post
I love these guys!
So do a lot of people. Why is it that those on the anti-illegal alien side are cut down?

Could it be that not enough of the anti-illegal alien side are yelling loud enough?

Do they think that a vote is all that's needed?

Voting isn't enough anymore.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:13 PM

They invade and occupy our country and try to shut down the free press.

Now I know what the Iraqis felt like after their country was occupied by hostile invaders.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
They invade and occupy our country and try to shut down the free press.

Now I know what the Iraqis felt like after their country was occupied by hostile invaders.
Sighhhh.

Who are "they"?

I like John and Ken.

I don't know who this Cabrera is, and lots of times the allegations are way inflated.

No one should be threatened with violence on either side. It turns both sides into mirror copies of each other - the very worst and most extreme of both sides become the faces of those sides, just ratchets up mutual hate.

Anonymous assholes - of any race or conviction - can create all sorts of distractive havoc.

Will followers of John and Ken be willing to collectively support the radio station in the event of a boycott of its bread and butter, revenue through advertisers?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Sighhhh.

Who are "they"?

I like John and Ken.

I don't know who this Cabrera is, and lots of times the allegations are way inflated.

No one should be threatened with violence on either side. It turns both sides into mirror copies of each other - the very worst and most extreme of both sides become the faces of those sides, just ratchets up mutual hate.

Anonymous assholes - of any race or conviction - can create all sorts of distractive havoc.

Will followers of John and Ken be willing to collectively support the radio station in the event of a boycott of its bread and butter, revenue through advertisers?

Who are "they"? Well, millions of filthy stinking Mexican invaders who break into our country and then try to take away our free speech rights, like those named in the LA Times story. Of course they demand gag rules against American citizens. Why shouldn't they? We rolled over and let them in here to steal from us, take our jobs, dumb down our schools, bankrupt our hospitals and transform our once beautiful communities into filthy stinking Mexican slums. Why should they show any respect for us now?

You're wrong about violence. People who try to steal our country from us should not only be threatened with violence, but should be targeted with violence. Our military should be killing them (but not interfering if they're headed south to the border) and our citizens should be lynching them.

Now we have this idiot Rick Perry who wants to send US troops to Mexico. He's got it all backwards...as usual. You want them out of here, you don't bomb Mexico, you bomb East L.A. You make it more dangerous for them here than in their own country. Making war in Mexico is not only a violation of their soverignty, but will cause more to come here as "refugees." (Gag)

I want Mexico to be the safest place in the world....for MEXICANS and the USA to be the most dangerous place in the world for them.

Third world savages from Mexico are equally as willing to kill us as their own kind in Mexico and will do so when the balance of power, in terms of population numbers and political influence, reaches the point of no return.
Please don't give me any of that tolerance bull sh.i.t. and lecture me about "violence." They're invading our country. We're not invading theirs.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
and our citizens should be lynching them.
No, we shouldn't. Lynching is something done without benefit of a trial, and as such could result in the killing of innocent people. I want to see the borders enforced, and interior enforcement as badly as you, but will not resort of unjust punitive actions without benefit of due process. If we resort to this, we would then become the sort of bloodthirsty savages we condemn from other countries. Please don't advocate for that here again.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Who are "they"? Well, millions of filthy stinking Mexican invaders who break into our country and then try to take away our free speech rights, like those named in the LA Times story. Of course they demand gag rules against American citizens. Why shouldn't they? We rolled over and let them in here to steal from us, take our jobs, dumb down our schools, bankrupt our hospitals and transform our once beautiful communities into filthy stinking Mexican slums. Why should they show any respect for us now?
This is where you misunderstand who is who. You confuse brown illegal aliens with brown Americans having a brown racist agenda, and unwittingly agree with those brown racists that the two are indeed the same people - along with everyone else who happens to be brown with a Spanish last name. You give for free brown racists credibility they eternally propagandize for. They are self appointed, uninvited spokesmen for everyone they consider to be "Latino".

Boycotting isn't in the Mexican national mentality, it's an expression which is most American used in this case by people who pretend to be Mexican. Mexicans may participate, but as fatalistic Mexican sheep - they won't originate it. And, unless it's the cheapest brand in stock or can't be improvised on the cheap, Mexicans aren't buying anyway. A boycott on station advertisers will be an American event with lots of propagandized American noisemakers.

Quote:
...You're wrong about violence. People who try to steal our country from us should not only be threatened with violence, but should be targeted with violence. Our military should be killing them (but not interfering if they're headed south to the border) and our citizens should be lynching them...

...You want them out of here, you don't bomb Mexico, you bomb East L.A...
You are way wrong on this, and you might be careful of what you wish for, because you just might get it and it won't be pleasant for you.

All you do when you talk crap like this is validate brown racist agenda - "THE WHITE MAN IS OUT TO GET YOU"

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-02-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
This is where you misunderstand who is who. You confuse brown illegal aliens with brown Americans having a brown racist agenda, and unwittingly agree with those brown racists that the two are indeed the same people - along with everyone else who happens to be brown with a Spanish last name. You give for free brown racists credibility they eternally propagandize for. They are self appointed, uninvited spokesmen for everyone they consider to be "Latino".

Boycotting isn't in the Mexican national mentality, it's an expression which is most American used in this case by people who pretend to be Mexican. Mexicans may participate, but as fatalistic Mexican sheep - they won't originate it. And, unless it's the cheapest brand in stock or can't be improvised on the cheap, Mexicans aren't buying anyway. A boycott on station advertisers will be an American event with lots of propagandized American noisemakers.

You are way wrong on this, and you might be careful of what you wish for, because you just might get it and it won't be pleasant for you.

All you do when you talk crap like this is validate brown racist agenda - "THE WHITE MAN IS OUT TO GET YOU"

Of course the violence against me and other Gringos by feral minority vermin will not be "pleasant." For along time they've talked openly about their violent, murderous intentions toward Gringos. As shown by their dismal test scores, Mexicans aren't very good at reading, writing, or other critical thinking skills, but I do concede they're capable of gruesome, murderous violence. Killing Gringos is an old theme of the Hispanic [bowel] movement, as follows:

The Hispanic "Professor" Jose Angel Gutierrez of the University of Texas, has boasted,

"We have an aging white America. . . . They are dying. . . . They are shit.t.ing in their pants with fear! I love it!" "We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

http://americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/...rrezQuote.html

Straight from the horse's mouth. Mexicans know the "Gringo" is castrated, demoralized and resigned to his own extinction.

John and Ken have openly said that calling people "racist" doesn't work any more. The leaders of the "minority" political/racial machines know what happens if cowering Gringos lose their fear being called "racist." It means they get up off their knees and start acting like people again instead of like livestock being fattened up for the slaughter. It means the "minority" racial and political cartels are out of business. They can't allow John and Ken's impudence to go unpunished because other uppity Gringos may follow their lead.

The fight for John and Ken is an important battle that could turn the tide. It's a test of the Mexican resolve to crush us and of our own resolve to finally resist. It's now or never.

Another thing. Spare us your SPLC talking points. They don't scare anyone any more.