Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 PM

http://la.indymedia.org/uploads/2010/02/hatesmall.jpg
Old 03-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Ok, Twoller, I don't know what your experience is.

However, before the civil rights act, things were different that they are now. There were the tracks and one's place in relation to those tracks. That's the way it was then, they couldn't eat in the same restaurants as whites and all the other stuff "Latino Advocates" babble about as though it still were going on today.

In 1960, Elena's family went to visit relatives in other states. In Deming New Mexico, Elena and her relatives were forcibly ran back across the tracks just because the young cousins wanted some ice cream from a "white" establishment. In 2005, we ate breakfast in the same place, which had become a restaurant. No problems.

On the 1960 trip, some Border Patrol agents in Texas tore their car apart - merely because they were a car full of brown people.

About 2004 we visited some of my relatives in Texas. I expected the white people to have something to prove concerning a white man and a brown woman, but not a one batted an eye. To the contrary, it was the "Mexicans" who had the problem concerning the situation.

However, you carry on as though you live 50 years in the past, verbally resurrecting all that crap which for the most part is gone, but of which some of the older of the brown persuasion won't or can't let go of as well some of the impressionable youngsters who carry on as though it were their own experience.

And you aid those inclined towards those beliefs by making everyone here look like Klansmen.

Get a grip as to who is an American citizen with Latin American ancestry and who is an illegal from Latin America.

They aren't the same people.
Very powerful post here ilbegone!