Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-25-2010, 03:48 PM

Default 2,000 rally against illegal immigration law

2,000 rally against illegal immigration law
PHOENIX- A little over 2,000 people showed up to the illegal immigration rally at the state Capitol on Sunday to protest Arizona's new illegal immigration law.
Opponents of the law demonstrated peacefully, though DPS, Phoenix police and Department of Justice representatives were present just in case. A DPS helicopter circled the rally and officers were stationed on rooftops.
It was a very different scene from Friday's protest, where police arrested some people for throwing water bottles at officers.
The House and Senate lawn was a sea of American flags. People held signs denouncing the governor, Senator Russell Pearce and certainly the law itself.
Protesters held signs that read ‘We lost the battle but not the war,' and ‘Don't pull me over because I'm brown.' Some held signs that asked 'Legal?' and had an arrow pointing to them. Others wore shirts that said ‘Legalize Arizona.' Demonstrators also displayed their displeasure with Gov. Jan Brewer by chanting ‘Vote them out.'
Singing, chanting and music provided a party-like atmosphere to the event, as protesters remained optimistic that President Obama would begin comprehensive immigration reform.
Elias Bermudez from Immigrants Without Borders says sending a message to the Obama administration won't be done by force.
"We're going to do it by work, by working civically, as we should work civically and try to defeat any measure like this, along with any candidate that feels the way these people feel."
Bermudez says he's confident the courts will stop this.
"This law is unconstitutional," Bermudez said. "There is no way that good police officer is going to be able to determine the legal status of someone without asking the question to a brown person."
Bermudez went on to say that Arizona is taking a well-deserved beating nationally with regard to public relations.
"Arizona has shown to the rest of the nation that they don't like a certain group of people."
Illinois Congressman Luis Gutierrez flew in from the Midwest and told the crowd that the new law must be defeated and also renewed his call for legalizing the estimated 12 million people living in the U.S. illegally.
Early estimates had the number of protesters at around 5,000.
The Phoenix City Council will hold a meeting Tuesday to vote on whether or not to join the legal fight.
http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1287868

Hundreds protest immigration law in Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona (CNN) -- Hundreds of people gathered outside Arizona's Capitol building on Sunday in a largely peaceful protest against the state's tough new immigration law.
Chanting "Yes we can," waving American flags and holding signs reading "We have rights" and "We are human," demonstrators kept up a festive spirit as they denounced the bill signed Friday by Gov. Jan Brewer.
The new law requires police to determine whether a person is in the United States legally. It also requires immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there is reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally.
Protesters worry that the law will foster racial profiling.
"What is 'reasonable suspicion?' " protester Jose Acosta asked Sunday. "Are we going to get pulled over just because of a broken taillight or because of the color of our skin? ... If so, is everybody going to be pulled over?"
Kearny Police Chief Joe Martinez called critics' concerns unfounded, saying the Arizona law enforcement community includes a large number of Hispanics.
"We've never had a policy of racial profiling," Martinez said Saturday night at a town hall meeting in Casa Grande. "In fact, quite the contrary, it's been outlawed."
Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon appeared at the rally in support of the protest, calling the law unconstitutional and "just plain wrong."
"America is a country that is compassionate and that welcomes everyone," he said. "This is not what this country and this state was founded upon."
Gordon vowed to take the fight through the state's judicial system.
"We'll go to the state courts and we'll go to the federal courts and we'll go all the way to the Supreme Court," he told the cheering crowd. "I promise you."
Gordon told CNN on Saturday that he will bring up an item calling for legal action against the law at Tuesday's City Council session.
Others were also vowing this weekend to legally challenge the law.
The Rev. Al Sharpton, along with leaders from the National Action Network and the Hispanic Federation, announced Sunday that he will legally challenge the law.
The law "is an affront to the civil rights of all Americans and an attempt to legalize racial profiling," Sharpton said in a statement after the bill's signing Friday. "As one who helped to make racial profiling a national issue and who has in the last year visited Arizona several times to rally against these draconian immigration policies, I am calling for a coalition of civil rights organizations to work with those in Arizona to resist and overturn this state law."
The National Coalition of Latino Clergy and Christian Leaders, a group that represents 30,000 Latino churches worldwide, also said Saturday it plans to file a lawsuit against the bill.
"In addition to this law being illegal, if this law goes into effect, we expect it to have a dramatic affect on the state with U.S. citizens, legal residents and others moving out of the state out of fear of being singled out," William Sanchez, an immigration attorney representing the coalition, said in a statement.
CNN's Casey Wian contributed to this report.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/...ation.protest/
Old 04-26-2010, 05:53 AM

Default Ponder this.

The protesting about the new Arizona law is just so much typical disingenuous deception. It's the typical liberal, Marxist bankrupt race card.

Here's what you can do.

Approach day laborers pretending you want to hire them. As an employer you are required by law to check out their status and run them thru the E-verify system.

Fixed location employers, farms, fast food restaurants, landscapers are also required by law to run checks on the potential employers.

Ask the day laborer for ID. Believe me I do this ALL THE TIME. They are very compliant. They produce those matericula consulares. Bingo - gotcha. Then simply report them to the Sheriff.

I can spot these yahoos a mile away, standing along the roads in small groups, dressed in wrinkled, paint spattered clothes.

BTW in my county I am stopped by the police from time to time who set up check points in the middle of the road looking for expired registrations, inspection and seat belt infractions. They ask for license and registration. Bingo - another gotcha !

Isn't it the apex of sanctimonious hypocricy for the libs to get their nickers in a knot about the new Arizona law huffing and puffing about a suspect being asked to show some proof while at the same time promoting a bio-metric ID card for US !!!?????

Here's another one. I recently received a letter from DMV advising that my New York drivers license was expiring and I had to fill out the form, include the fee $80 for 10 years, an eye exam and send it in. BTW there is a new law which requires travellers going to Canada or Mexico and returning to show ID. It can be an "enhanced" NY drivers license obtainable by furnishing a great amount of additional information !!!!!

Department of Motor Vehicles
Enhanced DMV Photo Documents for U.S. Citizens Who are Residents of NYS homeon-line transactionsFAQssite mapformsespañolcontact or visitfind answers Search DMV

This page provides information about the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) and Enhanced New York State photo driver licenses and non-driver photo ID cards that comply with the WHTI.

As of June 1, 2009, only WHTI approved documents can be used for return to the United States.

NYS now issues a WHTI-Compliant Enhanced driver licenses (EDL) (includes Enhanced learner permits) and Enhanced non-driver photo ID cards (ENDID) to applicants who can prove U.S. citizenship and NYS residency. An EDL or ENDID can be used instead of a passport to return to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico and some countries in the Caribbean. Contact your travel agent, your cruise line or the specific countries of destination to verify travel document requirements.

An EDL or ENDID is not acceptable for air travel between these countries.

WHTI is a federal rule that regulates which documents U.S. citizens can use when they travel in the Western Hemisphere. You can read more about this initiative at the web site of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

There is an additional fee for an EDL or ENDID, but the fee is less than the fee for a U.S. passport. Because the applicant is required to show proofs of identity, NYS residency and U.S. Citizenship, all applications for EDLs and ENDIDs must be made at a DMV office. You cannot apply by mail, by telephone, or over the Internet.

Learn More

To learn more about the NYS EDL and ENDID, use the links below. You must have a version number of 7.0 or later of Adobe Acrobat Reader® installed on your computer to use the DMV forms and other PDF documents. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader® is free at the Adobe web site.

Enhanced Documents Information and Resources
Information Forms (All PDF)
EDL/ENDID Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

EDL EZ-Checklist (What Do I Need to Get an EDL/ENDID?) (PDF) (C-159) - Interactive check boxes

A Travel Document Comparison (PDF) (C-160)

Brochure: Enhanced Driver Licenses and Non-Driver Identification Cards (PDF) (C-158)

NYS Driver License Renewal Invitation Informational Insert about the EDL (PDF) (C-EDL)

EDL Press Releases

DMV Press Release

June 3, 2009: Number of Enhanced Driver Licenses Top 100,000 in New York State

September 16, 2008: Officials Announce Availability of Enhanced Driver Licenses (PDF)

Governor Paterson's Press Releases

July 9, 2008: Governor Paterson Announces Availability of New Enhanced Driver License

May 27, 2008: Governor Paterson Announces Federal Agreement to Issue Enhanced Driver Licenses in New York State
Essential Forms

Proofs of Identity, U.S. Citizenship and NYS Residence (ID-44EDL)

How to Apply for a New York Enhanced Learner Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (MV-44.1EDL)

Application for a New York Enhanced Learner Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (MV-44EDL)

EDL/NDID Applicant Package (all of the above forms)

Additional Forms

Original Enhanced Driver License (CCRP-1EDL)

Certification of Residence (MV-44NYR)

Statement of Identity and/or Residence by Parent/Guardian (MV-45)

Statement of Identity and/or Residence for Applicants Represented by Government or Government-Approved Facilities (MV-45A)

Are You Moving? (change of address) (MV-232)

Proof of Identity for Registration and Title
(ID-82)

EDL FAQs
| Home Page | Site Map | Driver License | Registration & Title | FAQs | Vehicle Safety | Contact Us |
| DMV Forms | DMV Publications | Custom Plates | DMV Records | Traffic Safety | News | NYS Web Feedback
| Search DMV | Find DMV Answers | DMV Services | Privacy and Security | Driver's Manual |

Copyright © 2010, the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. All rights are reserved.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/edl-main.htm

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-26-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 PM

"This law is unconstitutional," Bermudez said. "There is no way that good police officer is going to be able to determine the legal status of someone without asking the question to a brown person."

Then it is unconstitutional for any cop at any time , anywhere to ask anyone for ID , GET REAL

mIllions of people are ask to produce ID to cops every day , when you use a credit card , when you apply for a job , etc and on and on and on

Hell , I even have to produce an ID to buy beer and I'm over 50 , Some places here in Nevada ID everyone for alcohol and tobacco
So why the big stink for immigration status?

This profile bs has to STOP
Old 04-26-2010, 04:10 PM

Lightbulb

Phil Gordon is on Bill O'Reilly show right now,, and spewing BS... Laura Ingraham (host) is listening to his BS..

Old 04-26-2010, 04:36 PM

Everyone is aware of my opposition to this law. However, the violent protests of the illegals and their anchor babies are a better advertisement to the rightness of our movement than any pro-amnesty march they could organize with them flying their national flags.