Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Communities in Crisis

Communities in Crisis California cities, towns, and counties suffering under corruption, crime, foreign influence or economic loss

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-24-2010, 10:29 AM

Default Breaking: Multiple ranches in laredo, tx taken over by los zetas

by Digger - republished with permission from DiggersRealm

The bloodbath continues along our southern border and now word is coming in that Los Zetas, the highly trained killers formerly with the Gulf Cartel, have crossed into the United States and taken over at least two ranches in the Laredo, Texas area. I am receiving word that the owners of the ranches have evacuated without being harmed. As of this hour I cannot confirm 100% on the situation (I am at around 90%) - though the source is law enforcement in the area.

The ranches are said to be "near Mines Rd. and Minerales Rd. about 10 miles NW of I-35".

Whether it is lone members or squads is not certain.

Anonymous sources in law enforcement in the Laredo area tonight have passed on word that US law enforcement agencies are in the area and are weighing their options regarding the ranches. The media has been silent on this incident and some law enforcement in the area says that they are furious that the media is not reporting the whole story of the continued violence along the border. Their frustrations are understandable because keeping the truth suppressed continues to hamper law enforcement from receiving the true support they need along the border.

The ranch assaults come on the heals of attacks in Nuevo Laredo that shut the city down as a gun-battle raged in the streets. Los Zetas blocked off intersections with vehicles and used fragmentation grenades to attack Mexican law enforcement. In the end 12 were killed and 21 injured in the assaults. Citizens in the area were told to stay in their homes and bullets whizzed all around.

Cypress Times

The U.S. Consulate in Nuevo Laredo had posted warnings on its website hours before the gunfire was reported by Texas citizens, “We have received credible reports of widespread violence occurring now between narcotics-trafficking organizations and the Mexican army in Nuevo Laredo.”

The U.S. Consulate went on to say, “The consulate confirmed that fragmentation grenades were used in the attacks and that suspected drug-gang members had blocked several roads, adding that it advised ‘all U.S. citizens in Nuevo Laredo to remain indoors until the security situation improves.’”

US Citizens in Laredo called 911 after hearing gunfire and explosions just across the border. Laredo police spokesman Joe Baeza deflected the concerns of citizens with what I see as utter contempt. He said there was no spillover violence onto the US side and "We were getting reports from people who live on the river's edge that they could hear gunfire and explosions from the Mexico side," Baeza said, "We didn't have any incidents on the American side. It's hard for people to understand who don't live here ... They're not Vikings, they're not going to invade us, it doesn't work that way."

This was said just a day before the reported breaking news on the ranches being taken above.

Violence has been on the rise along the border. In April 2010 a Border Patrol agent in Laredo shot and killed an lllegal alien drug smuggler near the Rio Grande

The Los Zetas are highly trained killers initially trained by United States Special Operations forces to combat the drug cartes within Mexico. As the drug war heated up the Zetas saw more money in working for the cartels and joined up with the Gulf Cartel.

In March, 2010 there was a fracture between the Los Zetas and the Gulf Cartel when a Zetas leader was said to have been assassinated by the Gulf Cartel. They demanded that the killer be turned over to them. When the Gulf Cartel refused the Zetas captured 16 Gulf Cartel members.

Since March Los Zetas abandoned their stronghold in Reynosa and moved to Nuevo Laredo, just across from the border with Laredo, Texas. There are estimated to be over 1,000 Zeta members there.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Numerous reports are coming in from all over the place. Conflicting reports as official sources are denying everything.

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/303950.php

Can anyone confirm, perhaps with Jeff Schwilk?

Of all sources that make gosh darn damn sure he got it right, Digger is the best.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:31 PM

If the reports say that the ranches have been "evacuated", that sounds a little strange. How can you have it both ways? If the zetas have taken over, then where is the "evacuation"? An evacuation takes place when the legal authorities step in and relocate people. Why would they move people away from areas that have been taken over already? It doesn't make any sense. And if law enforcement is supposed to be in the areas of the ranches, then that is something that can be easily observed too.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:10 AM

The evacuation would be of the people who were living there.

As one of the substantiating reports allegedly came from Diggersrealm I looked at his site and he confirms. Digger has been a long time activist who posted at the old SOS site. Digger covered SOS events. I have never known Digger to lie about anything.

A check at the San Diego Examiner also supports the story. http://www.examiner.com/x-10317-San-...-Buzz-Examiner

It was just a day or two prior to this incident that the gunbattle at Nuevo Laredo, which is mere blocks from Laredo frightened Laredo residents. It has been just a few weeks since gunfire from mexico hit the City Hall at El Paso. Clearly the fighting in mexico has gotten perilously close to the US. If it has jumped the border, at this time, with the federal lawsuit against Arizona being heard right now, it would spell disaster for the regime.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 AM

I have heard from someone who actually lives in Laredo.

The talk all around the town is how a couple of outlying ranches were taken over by Los Zetas. That's rumors mind you. Just gossip. There is a lot more border patrol activity and a whole lot more county sheriffs around.

Sooner or later someone is going to know someone who lived at these ranches. Unless entire families have been taken into protective custody to keep them from talking the truth will come out someplace.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:39 AM

Second source on the ground right there.

This story IS true.

Copy of e-mail received.

I would say that my sources are unimpeachable: Mexican Drug Gangs are holding TWO areas in South Texas near Laredo. What is unconfirmed is that these Mexican outposts are on privately owned ranches.

There is also a lake in that general area, and I'm not sure if it's Lake Casa Blanca State Park, where recreational boaters and fisherman are being harassed [and I have heard, are being fired upon], by the drug gangs.

Why the State of Texas and Rick Perry is allowing this to continue, I do not understand. But . . . a slam against Perry, that is, but anyone thinks that Bill White will do something about it is living in a real dream world. Bill White will kiss every Mexican ass South of the Border.

Is Texas not taking action because the gangs are operating on Federal land, or is Texas just turning a blind eye to it?

As far as I am concerned, two residents, on the scene have confirmed this story.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:03 AM

You are a pretty reliable source of information, generally.

Still there are some other possibilities. The property owners of the ranches in question may actually be illegals or their enablers and the takeover is more an internal issue for the land owners. I'd like to know more about the landowners or areas in question.

This may be why Texas is reluctant to confront the issue. It opens up a whole can of worms about illegal and non-citizens owning property.

In this case, it is land. But more basically, you should not be able to register a car if you are not here legally. The automobile is the most powerful weapon in the hands of illegal immigrants. They don't have to own land, but they must be on happy terms with somebody who does. That's another thing that needs to be confronted. You should have to be here legally to own land and it should be a felony to house illegal immigrants.

If housing illegals is epidemic among legal residents, then perhaps conditional land owning licenses should be involved for non-citizens property owners.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM

No the landowners weren't illegals, or illegal enablers. They escaped. From the look of things, and this I cannot confirm, they are being held so that they do not talk.

It reminds me of the beginnings of what went on in Zimbabwe where the white farmers who escaped massacres were held in silence so no one knew what was going on until the whole thing exploded.

As far as I am hearing from my two Laredo sources, and these are people who actually live in Laredo. The State is acting as if this is a local law enforcement matter. It's being left to the border patrol and county sheriff to deal with as any other street crime.

I am by no means any kind of military strategist, but historically and logically, the gang now occupying two ranches near Laredo will already have or soon will make contact with American gangs IN Laredo. The next attack would be on Laredo itself from without and within. The goal would be to seize that port of entry and open a floodgate. With an absent federal government and an uncaring state government success is just about guaranteed.

The question is, these are Texans. They could very well bristle up with guns like a porquipine in which case it would be a serious war. So the question. Would state and federal officials step in at that point and if so, on which SIDE?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:06 AM
SOS Associate

I don't want to act like I am in the know or have firsthand info on this,

however from what I can tell, this story had its' origins in Jeff Schwilk. Schwilk has a history of exaggeration, fabrication, and sensationalism. Remember the 100K plus defamation suit he lost. It's a little difficult to lose a defamation suit when the claims are truthful.
Also like to point out his enemies list on his SDMM website. It's getting bigger all the time, and it reads more like it was written by a drunken reporter from the National Enquirer.
I'd consider the source first. Not sayin' that this type of scenario isn't possible or likely; Just reminding everyone to keep their feet on the ground, and not to end up getting labeled as a chicken little
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 AM

I thought so too. Until I heard from a couple of Laredoans. Schwilk didn't come up with this story first. It was the San Diego Examiner who first broke the story.