Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-16-2010, 05:35 AM
SOS Associate

Default Sacramento City Council Votes AZ Sanctions

Despite the efforts of people to urge the city council to butt out, Sacramento city council members voted nearly unanimously to sanction Arizona over their effort to control illegal immigration to their state. As usual, the latino cabal was there, babies in tow, but there was most definately opposition, but they were tuned out as they gave their two minute speeches.
I spoke, but did not record it this time. The city council records the meetings and I'll try to extract it later, but my effort was basically to point out the council's hypocrisy again. Most everyone else in opposition to this motion gave the usual, law n order, it's not our business, Sac city should be concentrating on our deficit type speeches. I thought to try something different.
Sacramento city sends their arrestee's to the county jail, where they know they will be profiled for immigration status. They also know that people found in violation will have immigration holds placed on their heads. That seems quite hypocritical for Sac to use the jail as a "straw man" to conduct their immigration checks, while they accuse and condemn AZ for the same. So I spent my two minutes asking why the council was not sanctioning Sac County, or breaking their contract with the county jail.

Here's a few pics of the tour

Notice that the signs this guy is carrying resemble SEIU signs?

Baby-Waving

Old glory not allowed to enter the building and is carried away

Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 AM

It's important to keep an eye on what happens in Sacramento because Sacramento is the capital of the state and frequently confuses its own affairs with that of the entire state and many other people follow the same confusion.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:57 AM

That state is run by mexico

Did you expect anything less?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 PM
SOS Associate

This is a link to the video of that evening:

http://sacramento.granicus.com/Media...2&clip_id=2331

About 7:06 or shortly after is when I gave em a piece of what's left of my mind
Old 06-18-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
This is a link to the video of that evening:

http://sacramento.granicus.com/Media...2&clip_id=2331

About 7:06 or shortly after is when I gave em a piece of what's left of my mind
The link goes to a page where a video may be viewed. You must go to the time suggested here to find AG's comments.

Ayatollahgondola, could you identify yourself so that we may confirm exactly where you made your comments?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
The link goes to a page where a video may be viewed. You must go to the time suggested here to find AG's comments.

Ayatollahgondola, could you identify yourself so that we may confirm exactly where you made your comments?
I'm the mad man who called them all hypocrites.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 AM

OK, that's at 7:11 PM.

When attending a city council meeting, you should always at least wear some kind of button down shirt.

Name calling at a city council meeting, however deserved, is never a good idea. More generally, it was hard to see exactly what you were talking about. You assumed too much knowledge of your efforts on the part of your audience which is not just the city council, but everyone attending and anyone who reads the records.

I happen to know that you are keeping track of illegals running through our legal system, but probably nobody else does.

You had a limited amount of time to speak and should not have spoken impromptu. You should have prepared a speech like many did and rehearsed it too insure that it did not even approach your time limit.

Otherwise, it was good to see you show up and make the effort. You said that you were from Save Our State. Was this an official representation? Or is Save Our State not that formal?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:

When attending a city council meeting, you should always at least wear some kind of button down shirt.

Name calling at a city council meeting, however deserved, is never a good idea. More generally, it was hard to see exactly what you were talking about. You assumed too much knowledge of your efforts on the part of your audience which is not just the city council, but everyone attending and anyone who reads the records.

I happen to know that you are keeping track of illegals running through our legal system, but probably nobody else does.

You had a limited amount of time to speak and should not have spoken impromptu. You should have prepared a speech like many did and rehearsed it too insure that it did not even approach your time limit.

Otherwise, it was good to see you show up and make the effort. You said that you were from Save Our State. Was this an official representation? Or is Save Our State not that formal?
Next time we can expect you to make an appearance since you are so knowledgeable on the subject of public speaking. Or is it just easier to criticize others from a keyboard?

Considering AG showed up and spoke, not only once, but twice, and you have yet to make an appearance, you are the one with a deficit on the score card. When you have put in your appearance and given an example of you knowledge in public speaking, then we can grade you. Public speaking is so much easier from behind a keyboard.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:56 AM

Yes

AG does deserve kudos for walking the walk

But as a side note , it didn't matter , those loons in most Calif govts
already had their minds made up.

Until that state turns out all the idiots in govt there , it won't get any better.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Next time we can expect you to make an appearance since you are so knowledgeable on the subject of public speaking. Or is it just easier to criticize others from a keyboard?

Considering AG showed up and spoke, not only once, but twice, and you have yet to make an appearance, you are the one with a deficit on the score card. When you have put in your appearance and given an example of you knowledge in public speaking, then we can grade you. Public speaking is so much easier from behind a keyboard.
Quote:

Wow. Suggesting that somebody prepare a speech and rehearse it hardly qualifies as posing as some kind of expert on public speaking. It so happens I do have some experience with public speaking and have proven myself with the basics, at least. I'd participate in politics more, but I have no transportation.

I'll say it again, it was good to see the AG show up even if he couldn't rustle up some clothes to do it in. Good job, AG.