Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 AM

Default They Keep Coming

The link below, I got from a headline on my opening page.
Pete Wilson is correct, "They just keep coming".
No indication of where they are from. I hope I can follow the story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43711439...os_angeles_ca/
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
The link below, I got from a headline on my opening page.
Pete Wilson is correct, "They just keep coming".
No indication of where they are from. I hope I can follow the story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43711439...os_angeles_ca/
Ya Rimo, I watched this on my local Santa Barbara news. They're finding more and more illegals trying to come ashore off our coastline and farther north as time goes on. Some have been caught as far as San Fransisco and you know that that sanctuary city won't return them. Who else is coming ashore? Yet they put us through such hell at the airports.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 AM
Archer

Old 07-12-2011, 02:25 PM

Here are more that came ashore today. These are just the ones that are caught, how many aren't?

14 illegal immigrants held after boat flips in surf off O.C.
A panga boat carrying 15 illegal immigrants flipped in heavy surf along the Orange County coast early Tuesday morning, federal immigration authorities said, ejecting all the occupants.
[Updated at 12:12 p.m.: Fourteen immigrants were detained and another remains at large, authorities said. There were no seriorious injuries or deaths reported.
All are Mexican naitonals, officials said.]
The incident was reported around 5 a.m. at Crystal Cove, said Virginia Kice, a spokeswoman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
The nationalities of those detained were not immediately available because they were still being questioned by federal agents, Kice said. A search of the area did not turn up the boat's other two occupants, who authorities believe fled the scene.
The incident comes a day after 15 immigrants from Mexico were rescued from Santa Cruz Island, where authorities said they were believed to have been abandoned by a smuggler.
Kice noted that the boats being used by the new breed of maritime smugglers are not designed for lengthy, deep-water trips, and as a consequence were putting illegal immigrants in peril.
"In recent weeks we've had multiple instances where smuggled aliens have been ejected from these boats, suffering fairly significant injuries," Kice said.
A March 24 story in The Times detailed how the battle over illegal immigration has shifted to the California coast in response to stricter enforcement on land routes along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Last year, 867 illegal immigrants and smugglers were arrested at sea or along the California coast, more than double the number in 2009. Most landings occurred on San Diego-area beaches but also were reported in Orange County, including near the San Onofre nuclear power plant and Crystal Cove near Newport Beach.
Those engaging in human trafficking have also been smuggling drugs, which has led to discoveries of vessels on Santa Catalina Island and Santa Rosa Island off the Santa Barbara coast. Smuggling groups have also resorted to posting lookouts to watch for agents and direct boats to unmonitored areas.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...stal-cove.html