Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Gains and Victories

Gains and Victories Communities fighting back - Citizen triumphs - Holding the line - Making a difference

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Default Federal judge rules against ACLU, denies illegal aliens bail

Federal judge rules against ACLU, denies illegal aliens bail…press ignores
On Friday, Judge Susan Bolton ruled in favor of denying bond to illegal aliens arrested on felony charges. The ruling handed a defeat to the ACLU which filed the suit against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and County Attorney Bill Montgomery.
The ACLU claimed that denying bail to illegal aliens was unconstitutional, arguing that the law violated their 5th, 6th, and 8th Amendment rights.
The law, known as Proposition 100, was passed by the voters of Arizona in 2006 as a response to a surge in crime committed by illegal aliens across the state.
Shortly after the decision, Sheriff Arpaio said: “I am happy to get Judge Bolton's decision. I always knew and felt that the County Attorney and I proceeded fairly and correctly to implement the mandate of the voters.”
Arpaio continued: “Proposition 100 was crafted to deal with an ongoing problem -- illegal aliens committing serious felonies and using the courts as a revolving door to escape justice by skipping out after getting a far too lenient bail.”
Of course, with the exception of Fox News, the decision was completely ignored by the mainstream press.
http://www.examiner.com/immigration-...-press-ignores