Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2012, 05:09 AM

Default AZ secretary of state: 'I am not a birther'

AZ secretary of state: 'I am not a birther'

Posted: by Breann BiermanBy Lindsey Reiser May 18, 2012 1:21 PM MST

AZ Secretary of State Ken Bennett has suggested he may keep Obama off the November ballot in Arizona if he doesn't receive additional verification of the president's birth certificate from Hawaii.

Bennett released the following statement on Friday regarding Obama's birth certificate.

First, I have been on the record since 2009 that I believe the president was born in Hawaii. I am not a birther. At the request of a constituent, I asked the state of Hawaii for a verification in lieu of certified copy. We're merely asking them to officially confirm they have the president's birth certificate in their possession and are awaiting their response.

Bennett has endorsed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and serves as his Arizona campaign co-chair.

On Friday, when Gov. Jan Brewer was asked about the president's birth certificate, she had the following to say.

I don't know the details about it but there's been controversy regarding where he was born. I, in fact, believe that he was born in Hawaii, and I've had the opportunity to speak with the prior governor and she indicated to me with all due process and trustworthiness that indeed she'd seen the birth certificate, it was a valid birth certificate so that's the story from where I know it.

http://www.kpho.com/story/18557679/a...-not-a-birther