Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-15-2010, 01:06 PM

Default Chelene Fundraising Not going well

A special personal message to Californians from the National
Field Director of the Constitution Party.

Nightingale banner by Nightingale for Governor 2010

Dear California Friends,

Let me emphasize out the outset that, despite the banner (actually it is the beautiful campaign bumper sticker which everyone in California should have on their car) which I hope is showing above, this correspondence is generated by me, personally, and is not in any way an official communication from the Nightingale for Governor Campaign, nor was it in any way solicited by the campaign. However, as a former AIP state chairman and the current national field director of the Constitution Party, I simply feel compelled to contact you all today.

Chelene Nightingale is, without a doubt, the most dynamic and charismatic statewide candidate that the Constitution Party has to offer in 2010, a year in which the CP will running more candidates at every level than ever before. Chelene's "We the People" Gubernatorial campaign is the most aggressive and sophisticated state campaign effort in the history of the American Independent Party of California, certainly, at least, since the magnificent inaugural campaign led by our founder and first Gubernatorial nominee, William K. Shearer, in 1970. I know. I've seen them all and have been personally involved with many of them-of which I am very proud.

I, of all people, would never denigrate any of the great efforts made by our fantastic candidates over our 40 years. Great patriots with names like Shearer, Hemp, Ripley, Goodloe, Kaiser, McCoy, Griffin, McCready, Meeuwenberg, Myers, Dietrich, not to mention Short, King, Templin, Grundmann and Johnson, each of whom is AGAIN representing our party on the ticket in 2010--have very ably carried the banner for the AIP in statewide races in the past. So, I don't make this claim frivolously or even happily (because it means that some of my own efforts as a campaign manager have been surpassed). But there can be no question--and we are not well served to ignore the truth-- that in terms of an ability to make a connection with the voters and to make a major impact at the polls, Chelene Nighingale is absolutely the strongest candidate we have ever had run for Statewide office for the American Independent Party in California. She is also running at time in history when there is an unprecedented opportunity for us make a major impact, or even win, if we can get the word of her "We the People" campaign out to the millions of Californians who will be voting this year.

With all that said, why is she not receiving decent financial support from us??? Why do we seem to insist that her campaign be relegated to "running on fumes," as a highly placed campaign person told me recently???? And by the way, that person was NOT complaining, simply stating a fact.

I am blind copying everyone so that nobody need feel targeted. That is absolutely NOT my purpose. Some of you are brand new to our party. Many of you are new to the party effort over the last couple of years. Some of you, like me, are currently California "expatriates" whose heart will always be in the Golden State. Some of you have probably come on board solely or primarily to support Chelene Nightingale for Governor this year. All of you have been working hard to spread the word for the Nightingale campaign (and let it be understood that every time I mention her, I also mean to include the entire wonderful slate of statewide and other CA AIP/CP candidates). Some of you are those candidates who may have just shelled out a significant sum of money to supplement your signatures in order to qualify for the ballot this year--I am cognizant of that fact and humbled by your sacrifice. Some of you have done a herculean job getting signatures and helping others do the same. Every one of you is a selfless, wonderful patriot. All of you have played a part in the effort to bring back the American Independent Party from the clutches of those who would destroy it, and back into affiliation with the Constitution Party, where it belongs. For that you have my eternal gratitude. Every single one of you has made a contribution to this effort in some important way. I know that.

Nevertheless, the campaign of the candidate who we are asking to carry the load and be the "engine" that drives the entire state Constitution Party endorsed ticket forward in California, desperately needs our financial help. If WE do not give our wonderful candidate for Governor the financial help she needs to run this race, who will? How can we expect her to make an impact, with her campaign "running on fumes?" Heck, how can we even really expect her to carry on the race, at least at the high level of which it is capable, without reasonable financial support?

Chelene Nightingale cannot be expected to make this campaign effort a meaningful one, let alone a successful one, with us, her supporters, providing only a pat on the back, an "attagirl", and a cheerful "go get 'em!" Some of us urged...practically begged...Chelene to make this race for Governor. She has responded by producing a campaign that, so far, has been beyond our wildest dreams. Now that she agreed to "get into our car and make this trip" with us and for us, is it conscionable to ask her to get out and walk the rest of the way?? It is up to us...each of us and all of us...to financially support this campaign and to encourage others to do so as well.

California is a very large state and it takes money to travel to all the places our candidate needs to go; it takes money to do campaign mailings--a must to make sure that Chelene prevails in the upcoming AIP primary election against a Neo-Con opponent and others; it takes money to print campaign literature; it takes money to buy yard signs, let alone radio and TV advertisements. Simply put, it takes money to run a political campaign. She doesn't require the $20 million that Meg Whitman has spent so far to try buy the Republican nomination...but she sure needs much more than the $3,000 that the website meter currently shows that the Nightingale Campaign has raised since its money bomb a month or so ago!!

We could all choose just to live with the best politicians that money can buy, from the "Big Box" parties, who are bought and paid for by the special interests, but we have committed ourselves to Constitutional government of, by and for the people. To that end, most of us at one time or another have expressed in some manner that we have committed our lives, fortunes and sacred honor. Do we mean that? Or are these just words...like the oath to defend the Constitution seems to be to most of our elected officials?

I would not ask anyone to make a sacrifice that I myself am not willing to make. Therefore, today I will be to sending a contribution for $100 to the Nightingale for Governor Campaign. Don't think I can afford it. I can't. But as one who believes strongly in the destiny of this party and its role in the preservation our Republic, I don't feel that I can afford not to.

So, I am asking you to help in any way that you can. I am particularly asking everyone, who wants the California AIP to be officially back in the Constitution Party family, to step up to the plate...if you possibly can...with a financial contribution to Chelene's campaign today.

If you are a one of the candidates I mentioned above or someone who has made a recent contribution and simply cannot give right now...why not contact your friends or those on your list...and it seems like we all have "lists" these days... to urge them to help out? How many people really cannot afford $10 or $20?? Obviously all who really can't give that amount, shouldn't do so,... but how many really can't? I would bet everyone receiving this message knows someone who would and could donate $5, $10, $20 or possibly more to this campaign right now, if you would ask them to do so.

Thank you for your consideration of my message. I hope it has not been too heavy-handed. There is no necessity for a response to me or to carry on any dialogue about this. There is no point to that. I have great confidence in the people who will be receiving this message and I know that every one you will search your soul, look in the mirror and make your own decision. I know that each and every one of us wants to do everything we can to make this campaign, and those of all of our great California AIP candidates, a great success in 2010.

With that said, I sincerely hope that each one of you who is able will choose go to www.nightingaleforgovernor.com, find the "donate" button on the homepage and "do your thing!" Moreover, why not ask your friends to do the same!!
If you are sending a check or money order, like me, please send the contribution to:
Nightingale For Governor
PO Box 901115, Palmdale, CA 93590.

If you are someone who may be in a position to provide a substantial financial gift to the campaign why not contact Chelene's campaign manager, John Baldwin at volunteers@nightingaleforgovernor.com. I am sure that John or Chelene would be happy to speak with you and let you know just what your contribution would mean to the potential success of this campaign.
Thanks again for your consideration and for your continuing support for the American Independent Party in California and the Constitution Party nationwide.

Best regards

Gary Odom
National Field Director
Constitution Party
CA AIP State Chairman 1988-1990

PS Please take a moment to watch this inspiring video entitled "FREEDOM" http://www.youtube.com/user/nighting.../3/F0XdmM9iL7s produced on behalf of the Nightingale for Governor Campaign. "Everything I have and everything I own" doesn't mean much without FREEDOM! Which future will we choose for California and America??? Check out the other great Nightingale YouTube offerings shown on the same page, especially the "turn it on" video concerning the Central Valley Water Crisis, http://www.youtube.com/user/nighting.../1/H98mJhrfqf8

PPS Below are photos of some of the highlights from the Nightingale Campaign to date (including photos of some of our other great candidates). I hope that they survive the transmission. If not, you can find these, and many more, at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightingaleforgovernor/.

I know that all of us want this campaign to carry on as depicted in these early campaign photos and for it to be able to operate at even a higher and accelerated level over the remainder of 2010.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Chelene Nightingale is, without a doubt, the most dynamic and charismatic statewide candidate that the Constitution Party has to offer in 2010, a year in which the CP will running more candidates at every level than ever before. Chelene's "We the People" Gubernatorial campaign is the most aggressive and sophisticated state campaign effort in the history of the American Independent Party of California, certainly, at least, since the magnificent inaugural campaign led by our founder and first Gubernatorial nominee, William K. Shearer, in 1970. I know. I've seen them all and have been personally involved with many of them ...

... So, I don't make this claim frivolously or even happily (because it means that some of my own efforts as a campaign manager have been surpassed). But there can be no question--and we are not well served to ignore the truth-- that in terms of an ability to make a connection with the voters and to make a major impact at the polls, Chelene Nighingale is absolutely the strongest candidate we have ever had run for Statewide office for the American Independent Party in California.

That is a sad, sad commentary on the American Independent Party.

What this gentleman should have learned is that, whatever his calling in this life may be, it ain't campaign management.

Excuse me while I stand back to better absorb the first shockwaves from the major impact at the polls.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
With all that said, why is she not receiving decent financial support from us??? Why do we seem to insist that her campaign be relegated to "running on fumes," as a highly placed campaign person told me recently???? .
Her fire and brimstone sermons just don't appear inspiring enough to strike the wallet nerve in her own party
Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Her fire and brimstone sermons just don't appear inspiring enough to strike the wallet nerve in her own party
Would this involve a political form of attempted seduction which fails because there's no mojo?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Would this involve a political form of attempted seduction which fails because there's no mojo?
Quite to the contrary; Mojo is all that there is. No substance however.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Quite to the contrary; Mojo is all that there is. No substance however.
Substance doesn't matter in seduction.

Seduction has to do with setting the mood, telling the other person what they want to hear, helping them to feel the way they want to feel. Mojo is the expression of seduction which may be welcome or not, but hopefully so on the part of the seducer.

Whether it is sincere in the long term or not.

And sometimes the seduced like to hear all that, knowing that it is all feel good crap to perhaps a mutual yet paradoxically contrary end - you can't date rape the willing.

A soon to be lover convincingly pitching the moon and stars to the "most beautiful" and most doubting woman on earth.

A politician woos the voting public, then sends out form mail after the "marriage" is consumated and subsequently violates 98% of what he (or she) has promised.

And Mojo can keep the false romance going on like the energizer bunny on steroids.

"You don't listen to me and you don't respect me!"

"But I love you, and I want what's best for us!"

(Subsequent sound of mattress springs squeaking, headboard pounding wall)

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-16-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Heavyweight Member

Default Still confused

So, Chelene was the AIP candidate (per her announcement at the border) until the AIP said she wasn't. Yet when she spoke at the Constitution party event I saw on YouTube she was introduced (by the Constitution Party) as the AIP nominee.

So, which is it?

Did she lie about having the nomination of the AIP months before the primary? What was the Constitution Party saying when they billed her as the AIP candidate? That perhaps she was NOT the CP candidate?

Seriously, I have to agree with SZ. If this is the best the Constitution Party can do, they should fire everybody and start over. This drags down third parties all over the country when the most powerful state in the country puts up nonsense candidates. Maybe we should just nominate Bob's Big Boy again.
http://www.twitter.com/ConservAlliance
http://www.RadioActiveBlog.com
http://www.ConservativeAlliance.org

(Formerly FoothillPages.com and Mac on the old SOS)

--------------------------------------------
Old 03-19-2010, 05:11 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActiveRich View Post
Maybe we should just nominate Bob's Big Boy again.
And maybe you shouldn't suggest political nominations around lunch time

The Constitution party and the AIP are fighting over who has the right to control the only party recognized by the secretary of state. There's enough mystery and doubt created by the factions arguing over who is or isn't the chairman for Chelena to step in and work her chicanery.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
And maybe you shouldn't suggest political nominations around lunch time
LOL!

No, remember a few years back when somebody nominated Bob's Big Boy and a few years further back Bozo the Clown got nominated? (the actual Bozo, not Gray Davis)

It was to make a point about how much of a joke the elections had become, but seriously i think they are more of a joke now. Which, is not to say that people should give up, because the truth is that is the idea that got us here in the first place. Voters need to re-engage and the non-voters need to go even further. Its time that the People's government was run not only by the people, but by the informed, engaged, and active people.
http://www.twitter.com/ConservAlliance
http://www.RadioActiveBlog.com
http://www.ConservativeAlliance.org

(Formerly FoothillPages.com and Mac on the old SOS)

--------------------------------------------