Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
Love ya babe,
Old Acid Mouth
"Old Acid Mouth" Should we just call you that from now on?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Phil, I gave my reasons in my post.
Rim, with all due respect, I really don't think you did give any reasons when it comes to their positions on the issues. Let me try this another way: If Palin and Bachmann were to come out and say they not only oppose amnesty but they would never support a path to citizenship for those who are here illegally and would in fact deport as many of them as possible, would that change your feelings?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
"Old Acid Mouth" Should we just call you that from now on?
You can call me whatever you want dear, just don't call me late to Happy Hour.

circa 1974
Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Rim, with all due respect, I really don't think you did give any reasons when it comes to their positions on the issues. Let me try this another way: If Palin and Bachmann were to come out and say they not only oppose amnesty but they would never support a path to citizenship for those who are here illegally and would in fact deport as many of them as possible, would that change your feelings?
Phil, we have known each other and have been on the streets togather many times so, I don't really want to agrue with you.
The things I have said about Palin and Bachmann are from the things they have said in the past and I formed my opinion on those things.
They remind me of Sharon Engle and Christine O'Donald.
I don't know what more I can tell you.
As far as the insults from our other member, SHE IS KNOWN FOR THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR. I have some video and posts from the old SOS. I can pull those things up if/when ever I want.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Phil, we have known each other and have been on the streets togather many times so, I don't really want to agrue with you.
The things I have said about Palin and Bachmann are from the things they have said in the past and I formed my opinion on those things.
They remind me of Sharon Engle and Christine O'Donald.
I don't know what more I can tell you.
As far as the insults from our other member, SHE IS KNOWN FOR THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR. I have some video and posts from the old SOS. I can pull those things up if/when ever I want.
No problem, Rim, I won't belabor the subject. As for this other member, I've known her and am aware of her history. I was just making a joke which she apparently took in good humor.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 05-20-2011, 05:42 PM

So how do feel about Herman Cain? Rimo5
Old 05-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Rebel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
Dems don't like smart woman Republicans, The bottom line is that Palin was just another house wife raising kids who got fed up with the politics around her so she ran for office and kept climbing the ladder until she reached this point, If that isn't the most Patriotic thing I have ever seen in my life than I don't know what is!!

How could anyone say this woman is not a great image for this country? Huh RIM?
Yeah, I would like to know too, but so far all we get are vague regurgitations of Katie Couric type stuff, the stuff the main stream media feeds Joe and Jane sixpack who do not take time to do their own research or become genuinely informed.

I love Sara, she is fearless, that combined with her looks scares the hell out of certain shrinking violet types.
circa 1974
Old 07-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Default E-mail our new "President" here:

E-mail our new "President" here:

This is Michelle's email link, and these are the 4 digit codes needed to email her!

http://bachmann.house.gov/Contact/ZipCode.htm

55125-1018

55125-1002

Michelle Bachmann on Illegal Immigration

The United States is a nation founded by immigrants and prides itself on the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Obtaining the “American Dream” is an inherent part of our nation’s spirit and we should encourage those who enter our country legally to achieve it. However, we are also a nation founded on the rule of law and we must ensure U.S. immigration laws are respected and enforced to preserve our national security; protect federal, state, and local budgets; and curb unfair strain on our country’s job markets.

The last time our immigration laws were overhauled was in 1986, when Congress granted amnesty to almost three million illegal immigrants in the U.S. and promised increased border security in the near future. Twenty years later, the number of illegal immigrants in our country has quadrupled, with no end in sight. Rather than repeating the mistakes of our past, I believe Congress must work to secure our nation’s borders and enforce the immigration laws already in place. Once this is achieved, improvements to the current system can be considered.

Those who approach our immigration system legally and work through the established process should be welcomed. However, any proposal for reform must not reward those who choose to break our laws by entering the country illegally.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by willworkforfood View Post
E-mail our new "President" here:

This is Michelle's email link, and these are the 4 digit codes needed to email her!

http://bachmann.house.gov/Contact/ZipCode.htm

55125-1018

55125-1002

Michelle Bachmann on Illegal Immigration

The United States is a nation founded by immigrants and prides itself on the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Obtaining the “American Dream” is an inherent part of our nation’s spirit and we should encourage those who enter our country legally to achieve it. However, we are also a nation founded on the rule of law and we must ensure U.S. immigration laws are respected and enforced to preserve our national security; protect federal, state, and local budgets; and curb unfair strain on our country’s job markets.

The last time our immigration laws were overhauled was in 1986, when Congress granted amnesty to almost three million illegal immigrants in the U.S. and promised increased border security in the near future. Twenty years later, the number of illegal immigrants in our country has quadrupled, with no end in sight. Rather than repeating the mistakes of our past, I believe Congress must work to secure our nation’s borders and enforce the immigration laws already in place. Once this is achieved, improvements to the current system can be considered.

Those who approach our immigration system legally and work through the established process should be welcomed. However, any proposal for reform must not reward those who choose to break our laws by entering the country illegally.
Quadrupled? That would only be 12 million. Why do politicians and the media always low-ball the real number?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Quadrupled? That would only be 12 million. Why do politicians and the media always low-ball the real number?
Phil most of those graduating from high school these days can't do the math, literally can't do the math. So politicians can pull out any numbers they want and most wouldn't know the difference.