Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
The reason the government keeps spouting that number is that it is probably close to accurate given that many of the illegals from years prior have been given legal status, ie amnesty. Maybe not citizenship, but legal status to work. I've been harping about this since my early days at SOS, and I know people don't want to hear it, but it's true. They are, and have been legalizing a big portion of the illegal entrants every year, but we have new ones that take their place. Now if you added the amnestied ones into the numbers since 2003 or 2004, you'd probably have 20 to 25 million illegals. I think RIM's estiate would be accurate if you added the sum of the illegals + the amnestied over 6 years + the generous work visas the government doles out + the tourist and other non work visas that work anyway or do not.
"They [the government] are, and have been legalizing a big portion of the illegal entrants every year ..." I'd need to see more details on how this occurs before I believed that.

It is better to over estimate the number of illegals then it is underestimate. And let us not forget that illegal immigration could not exist if it were not for the efforts of those who are here legally and also for those who are naturalized citizens. So it is non-citizens in this country that are the basical problem and this number needs to go down. The number needs to be decreased through massive deportation through increasing criminalization of activities by both illegals and legals, that is the only way, and unless we stand for that, amnesty is the only other solution.