Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM
SOS Associate

Default Legislature back in session

So it's august and our illustrious failures are back in session at the capitol. Here are a rundown of bills that we might have an interest in that have committee meetings scheduled:

TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2011

AGRICULTURE
CANNELLA, Chair
10 a.m. — Room 113
INFORMATIONAL HEARING
SUBJECT: Invasive Pest Prevention in California

FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2011
SELECT COMMITTEE ON CALIFORNIA–MEXICO
BI–NATIONAL AFFAIRS
HUESO, Chair
1:30 p.m. — 401 B Street
Board Room, 7th Floor
San Diego
SUBJECT: Border Infrastructure and Its Effects on Commerce and the
Environment.

TUESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2011—Continued
JOINT COMMITTEE ON FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
CHESBRO, Chair
10 a.m. — State Capitol, Room 4202
SUBJECT: Coho Salmon Informational Hearing

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2011—Continued
APPROPRIATIONS
FUENTES, Chair
9 a.m. — State Capitol, Room 4202
cont’d

S.B. No. 124 De León. Ammunition.

S.B. No. 183 Correa. Ballots: identifying information.

S.B. No. 202 Hancock. Ballot initiatives: filing fees.

S.B. No. 326 Yee. Court records: public access.

S.B. No. 356 Blakeslee. State parks: local operating agreements.

S.B. No. 369 Evans. Dungeness crab.

S.B. No. 386 Harman. State parks: proposed closures: public notice.

S.B. No. 397 Yee. Online voter registration.

S.B. No. 459 Corbett. Employment: independent contractors.

S.B. No. 460 Price. International trade marketing and promotion.

S.B. No. 490 Hancock. Death penalty

S.B. No. 505 La Malfa. Fish: licenses: trout hatcheries.

S.B. No. 533 Wright. California Global Warming Solutions Act of
2006: State Air Resources Board regulations

S.B. No. 534 Corbett. Victims of sexual assault.

S.B. No. 535 De León. California Communities Healthy Air
Revitalization Trust.

S.B. No. 549 Rubio. Eggs: assessment fees.

S.B. No. 551 DeSaulnier. State property: tidelands transfer: City of
Pittsburg

S.B. No. 600 Rubio. Public contracts: school districts: bidding
requirements

S.B. No. 610 Wright. Firearms: license to carry concealed firearm.

S.B. No. 641 Calderon. Voter registration.

S.B. No. 647 Committee on Judiciary. Civil law: omnibus bill.

S.B. No. 734 Price. High–Speed Rail Authority: small business
program: bidding preferences.

S.B. No. 757 Lieu. Discrimination.

MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011—Continued
APPROPRIATIONS
KEHOE, Chair
10 a.m. — John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
(Continued)

A.B. No. 520 Ammiano. Vehicles: reckless driving: suspension of licenses

A.B. No. 618 Furutani. Court interpreters.

A.B. No. 781 John A. Pérez. Local government: counties: unincorporated
areas

A.B. No. 844 Lara. Student government: students qualifying for exemption
from nonresident tuition: California Community Colleges:
governing board membership

A.B. No. 889 Ammiano. Domestic work employees.

A.B. No. 1088 Eng. State agencies: collection of demographic data.

A.B. No. 1156 Eng. Pupils: bullying.

A.B. No. 1299 Huffman. Marine fisheries: forage species.

A.B. No. 1307 Skinner. State Board of Equalization: administration:
collections.

A.B. No. 1313 Lara. Employment: agricultural workers.

PUBLIC SAFETY
HANCOCK, Chair
10 a.m. to 12 m. — Room 3191
INFORMATIONAL HEARING
SUBJECT: Presentation on the Costs of the Death Penalty
by Hon. Arthur R. Alarcon and Prof. Paula M.
Mitchell, Esq.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 AM
SOS Associate

In keeping with Gil Cedillo's "No Illegals Left Behind act", two events at the state capitol this month. I hope to be there for a counter opinion. anyone wanting to join me can contact me in the usual manner
Davi@SaveOurState.info
I'm also open to smoke signals, carrier pidgeons, pony express, bike couriers, and putting my one working ear to the train tracks. Do I sound willing enough?

Quote:
Start Date: 8/26/2011 End Date: 8/26/2011

Permit#: 2011-0462 Status: Approved
Organization: Office of Assemblymember Gil Cedillo
Activity:Rally to supprot the Dream Act ( Activity Items:
AB 130 and 131.)
Setup Time: 5 :30 PM Start 6 :00 PM End 7 :00 PM
Comments:

Start Date: 8/28/2011 End Date: 8/28/2011

Permit#: 2011-0463 Status: Approved
Organization: Assemblymember Cedillo
Activity:A Rally for the CA Dream Act Activity Items:
Setup Time: 11:30 AM Start 12:00 PM End 2 :00 PM
Comments:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
SOS Associate

I know we all wish they weren't, but the legislature is back in session again. There's lots going on, but as usual, we'll be focusing on the bills and hearings that are relevent to the SOS agenda.

I've been following this supposed crackdown on the underground economy, because I believe we can have some squeeky wheel effect there. I've applied for access, records, and news releases from the major players, and awaiting replies

Meanwhile, We'll be filtering the daily file for obnoxious bills favoring foreigners.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
SOS Associate

Default Ran Into Villar Today

Passed By Antonio Villar at the capitol today,

He was coming out with his entourage as I was going in. I didn't have time for a big lecture, so I just yelled for him to go back to mexico. He ignored, but one in his group muttered something to me.

Now, I'm well aware that popular knowledge is that he was born here and is an American citizen. And as such, in the general sense, he isn't an illegal alien who should be sent back. But, in saying this, I was compelled by at least two or more reasons,

1: Villar is more sympathetic to mexico than he is to the US. He defends mexico, lobbies for mexico, sends his constituents money to mexico, protects mexico's illegally present citizens from the feds, and works as hard as he can to turn the formerly American city of Los Angeles into a city of Mexicans. Let's face it; Villar is a mexican in a US citizen's carcass.

2: Villar is a mayor of a city, and is always conducting his city's business in Mexico. He's always down there conspiring with the corrupt mexican government to give them whatever they want, or whatever they can get away with. So seeing him up here meddling in state affairs drove me to tell him to go back to mexico.

OK, so I mentioned someone else muttered something after I told him to go back to mexico.....
That person tracked me down as I was getting directions from the CHP officer who gaurds the governors door. Turns out he was Dan Morain, one of the more liberal democrat writers/editors of the Sacramento Bee. He asked me why I felt that way, and who I was, and where I was from. The latter part was meant to discover where I should "go back to", meaning where my ancestors were from. I didn't endulge him on that one, because Villar and I are worlds apart on that issue. I'm an American, and I protect and promote my fellow Americans. There is no comparison at all. No matter which country they came from, I don't choose it over the US or my fellow countrymen.
It's easy to call into question Villars loyalty. He has exhibited loyalty to mexico more often than most of the illegals he protects. You can't find a single instance of that in my history, so it's not a worthy subject.

anyway, I wanted you all to know in case something were to pop up in the news somewhere about someone telling villar where to go. this Morain guy usually has bigger fish to fry in the news, what with there being lots of liberal tax and spend bills under the dome, and today being one of them, so nothing will probably come of it.

Oh yeah...and villar was putting his two cents in on the committee hearing that took place today on an attempt by Ammiano to poke some holes in prop 13. You can guess which side of that villar would be there to testify on.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:14 AM
SOS Associate

Well, Mr Morain did write me up over this. I'm ok with it though. I've been issued a citation for "bigotry". My jury is weighing in here in the commentary section, and thus far I'd say my chances are pretty good for an aquittal, or possibly jury nullification.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/14/433...ly-battle.html
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM

Great Job! It's too bad you were alone. They could have written more up. I'm so proud of you.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:39 PM

I wish I could lose about 10 or 15 years. I sure could give Villar and many others a headache.
Thanks so much for your remark. You should have told Morain he could go with Villar.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
And a guy who had never met nor spoken with Villaraigosa told him to go back to Mexico, as if this proud graduate of Roosevelt High School in Los Angeles and UCLA ever lived south of the border.
And no mention of Villaracista's Mecha rabidity during his UCLA "experience".

The inevitable spin on Davi's commentary:

Quote:
"Eh, he is a pissant," the man said, proceeding to spew about how an "illegal alien" killed the son of a friend down in L.A., and how it was Villaraigosa's fault. "He is a Mexican. That is what he claims. He is always defending illegal Mexicans and Mexico. … I have no qualms about saying anything to him."

The fellow's name is Davi Rodrigues. From where? "Right here in Sac," he said. "I'm an American. Period."

As Davi Rodrigues, American-Period made clear, Darwinism is a process. We haven't arrived. As for same-sex marriage, the president of the United States should follow the mayor of Los Angeles, stop the silly word games, and use the power of his position to urge that the nation move beyond its history of bigotry and discrimination to a higher realm.
Note this at the end of the article:

Quote:
Comments on this story have been closed due to hate speech.
I wonder what that hate speech was? Don style commentary, froth mouth Mexica movement rhetoric, or well reasoned commentary concerning illegal entry and its defenders?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-16-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Note this at the end of the article:

I wonder what that hate speech was? Don style commentary, froth mouth Mexica movement rhetoric, or well reasoned commentary concerning illegal entry and its defenders?
They removed at least 80 comments, much of it supportive of us, and a lot that was related to same sex marriage. I think Mr Morain was trying to tie the two together for purposes of getting the gay supporters to pile on me because he knew there would be little support for the poor mayor. that wasn't working either. Don't know if the gay support wing saw through his scheme, or whether they don't want to be seen as pro-illegal either.

Mr Morain is a terrible manipulator. More people see through his schemes than not. Doesn't stop him of course.

On the geraldo radio show yesterday, he asked whether I went there to "ambush" Villar. I'd just like to say that my chance passing him hardly qualifies for an ambush. The meetings at the capitol often drag on for hours, as did that one. I came in the middle of it. Villars testimony could have been at any point during that meeting, and there's no schedule printed on that. Also, he could have left the building at any of at least 4 public entrances, and several secured, non public ones. Those aren't posted in advance either. It was just pure chance. The only relevant factor on my part is that I spend more time at the state capitol than your average villar hater.

Also, Villar is a media and adoration hound, kind of like our old seer-less leader, the cockroach. He likes the spotlight. loves it actually. He wants people to see him and his entourage like a kings procession. Being up here though, he probably didn't expect to run into people who dislike him. He most likely thought it was fertile ground to expose himself to adoring fans, after all, the capitol houses quite a few mexican sympathizers, brown racists, and illegals lovers.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
They removed at least 80 comments, much of it supportive of us, and a lot that was related to same sex marriage. I think Mr Morain was trying to tie the two together for purposes of getting the gay supporters to pile on me because he knew there would be little support for the poor mayor. that wasn't working either. Don't know if the gay support wing saw through his scheme, or whether they don't want to be seen as pro-illegal either.

Mr Morain is a terrible manipulator. More people see through his schemes than not. Doesn't stop him of course.

On the geraldo radio show yesterday, he asked whether I went there to "ambush" Villar. I'd just like to say that my chance passing him hardly qualifies for an ambush. The meetings at the capitol often drag on for hours, as did that one. I came in the middle of it. Villars testimony could have been at any point during that meeting, and there's no schedule printed on that. Also, he could have left the building at any of at least 4 public entrances, and several secured, non public ones. Those aren't posted in advance either. It was just pure chance. The only relevant factor on my part is that I spend more time at the state capitol than your average villar hater.

Also, Villar is a media and adoration hound, kind of like our old seer-less leader, the cockroach. He likes the spotlight. loves it actually. He wants people to see him and his entourage like a kings procession. Being up here though, he probably didn't expect to run into people who dislike him. He most likely thought it was fertile ground to expose himself to adoring fans, after all, the capitol houses quite a few mexican sympathizers, brown racists, and illegals lovers.
I believe there is quite a bit of "rivalry" between northern and southern California which goes back to the Spanish colonial days. I saw what I perceived as a sort of snootieness concerning socal when I worked in a triangle between San Rafael, Livermore, and San Jose. Sometimes people I became friendly with would introduce me to others as being from LA in a way to suggest that I was better than their stereotype of the southern California troglodyte. Besides, I'm as close to being from LA in many ways as a life long inhabitant of Dixon is from San Francisco.

Mayor Antonio Villaracista may have a little support from some northern brown racist sympathizers and some in the northern media, but that's about it. No one else from norcal is going to be impressed by his bullshit, particularly if they have spent any time at all in Mayor Villaracista's City of Los Angeles.

A little more about Mayor Antonio Villaracista from a self described UCLA alumni and apparently anti brown racist website (2004,2005):

Quote:
(Picture caption) Antonio Villaraigosa (then, Tony Villar) leading a protest to include the Communist organization "Committee to Free Los Tres" on the Steering Committee of the Chicano Studies Center. UCLA campus, May 23, 1974.
Quote:
Antonio Villaraigosa, a one-time juvenile delinquent still tattooed with the slogan “Born to Raise Hell,” entered the UCLA campus as a transfer student from East Los Angeles Community College in 1972. Known then simply as Tony Villar, he would not successfully graduate by the time he left in 1975.(1) But Villar did leave a wide swath of influence in other, more radical ways.
Quote:
While on campus, Villar joined the UCLA chapter of Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA), and was part of its leadership by 1974. MEChA had only been founded as a regional movement in 1969, and in many ways, the UCLA chapter, and the radical Chicano student left today, is a direct product of Villar’s work then.
Quote:
The Bruin ended the story with a final quote from Villar:
“As Chicanos going to University they’re demanding relevant education that they have some input into.”
Quote:
The term “relevant education” is Orwellian code used by minority political activists to describe their vision of a network of non-academic interests that both feed from, and direct, the university. The ideal network includes, but is not limited to, labor unions, minority racial affiliation groups, and members of the public taking direct action to aggregate political power. Stripping away Villar’s self-justification about ‘relevant education,’ it becomes clear that the fight was a proxy power grab by militant Chicano organizations. Their goal: to turn an academic unit at a proud university into a mere ideological factory to support and undergird a drive for exclusive minority power accumulation.
Quote:
Villar was ultimately successful in his fight for his vision for a relevant education. On July 19, 1974, the Daily Bruin announced in a brief notice that Professor Alvarez had resigned from his directorship following internal private deliberations with higher administration figures.
Quote:
Villar’s goals, and the actions which made it possible, are instructive in understanding the man who desires to be the next mayor of Los Angeles. Not only did Villar himself harbor radical ambitions, he proved willing to destroy both an innocent man and a fellow Chicano by turning his staff, his students, and eventually, his employer, against him.
Quote:
For a youth who displayed such ambition and achieved such lofty goals – removing a UCLA professor who would not, under his directorship, subsume the Chicano Studies Center to the cause of Chicano radicalism – Antonio Villaraigosa has shown surprisingly little interest in talking about his time as a UCLA MEChA leader.
Quote:
Those who benefit from an unequal system usually have the most interest in preserving that inequality. The rabid beneficiaries of affirmative action like Villaraigosa are prime examples of this maxim.
Quote:
Unfortunately for Californians, there will be for the foreseeable future, a radical Chicano fox in our university’s hen house. And alumni like Antonio Villaraigosa and Gil Cedillo, who disguise radicalism with suits and smiles, will issue forth into the public, pursuing the MEChA agenda.
Quote:
An “affirmative action baby”[5] and a radical Chicano, Antonio Villaraigosa has charmed his way into power, and now seeks to become the first Latino mayor of Los Angeles since the 19th century. But will Villaraigosa win if voters understand that the one-time Tony Villar is an unreconstructed MEChista, dedicated to the goals of Aztlan liberation, whose radical past at UCLA informs his thoughts and actions today? We will know soon enough: Election Day is May 17, 2005.
More http://www.bruinalumni.com/antonio/antonioindex.html

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-17-2012 at 05:29 AM.