Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-30-2011, 07:59 AM

Default Trump videos

He sure got them going in Las Vegas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs/...tive-laced-sp/

He makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately even Fox news created a mis-impression reporting about his expletive laden speech. It isn't really that bad.

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-30-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Continent Thief

I could never vote for Trump. The man is a loose cannon, has a massive ego, has no political experience, and has supported Democrats as recently as two years ago, some of whom with rather large donations to their campaigns. I've watched The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice, and I don't like the way he conducts himself on those shows. He may be saying all the right things right now, but he has way too many negatives for him to ever have my support. And the F-bombs don't help either.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 04-30-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 AM

Dropping those F bombs was a calculated move in from of all WOMEN! He read that audience correctly.

I have not decided whether I like Trump enough to support him or not. I would NEVER underestimate the man. He's no loose cannon, he has more experience in real time negotiations and foreign policy than anyone in this regime today. He is smart, shrewd calculating and ruthless. He will probe, expose and exploit each and every weakness an opponent has.

Right now, he has correctly assessed that republicans are bored by their candidates, tired of republican caving in, chasing bipartisan support, and going along to get along. The republicans are insipid. This is the weakness in the republican party. As Mark Steyn said, the republican candidates are nice chaps who know how to give a good concession speech.

Trump hasn't even said he was going to run. IF he does, you are going to see the entire campaign encapsulate the principles of capitalism v. the principles of communism.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
Dropping those F bombs was a calculated move in from of all WOMEN! He read that audience correctly.
What do you mean?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
What do you mean?
For whatever reason, Trump knew that those women would be receptive to his comments. And they were.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:36 PM

The public is so angry that saying the "F" word is the least of what they're saying in their homes and to their friends. Many are just happy that someone with a microphone is speaking out in sentences that they've said themselves. All these people who have chastised Trump for his choice of words are sill thinking the talk of twenty years ago, that time has passed. People want hard words for hard times, and Trump knows that. He's sized up the audience and giving them what they want. He may change a bit in days to come if he feels the wind blow another direction, but who knows. When he finally comes up to the plate with bat in hand and proclaims he's part of the players for the office we'll see if he feels it's worth it.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
The public is so angry that saying the "F" word is the least of what they're saying in their homes and to their friends. Many are just happy that someone with a microphone is speaking out in sentences that they've said themselves. All these people who have chastised Trump for his choice of words are sill thinking the talk of twenty years ago, that time has passed. People want hard words for hard times, and Trump knows that. He's sized up the audience and giving them what they want. He may change a bit in days to come if he feels the wind blow another direction, but who knows. When he finally comes up to the plate with bat in hand and proclaims he's part of the players for the office we'll see if he feels it's worth it.
I first heard of Trump's use of words the other day from condescending bubble heads on CNN and MSNBC who were sniggering over the idea that Trump might run for president. They're not getting the discontent in this country over Obama's wayward stewardship of the presidency.

On the other hand, I don't believe Trump would be a good fit for president. Schwarzenegger learned the hard way that big talk from an entertainer isn't necessarily transformed into legislation enacted. As possible with Trump, the guvernator was elected by a public very weary of the status quo. And what did the public get in return? More of the same.

So, what Republican candidate could capture the American imagination? King George's second term came about as a fear of Democrats, Obama was elected because Republicans became arrogant over Bush's second win to assume a mandate. Will the public be disgusted enough with all the damage Obama and his minions have wrought to elect a Republican as president? Or can the Republican party even field a capable , believable contender? Or will they put up a loser who guarantees Republican defeat?

We'll see.

For the record, I despise the two major parties equally, most of the other parties seem to me to be villages full of fringe lunatics.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I first heard of Trump's choice of the f-bomb the other day from condescending bubble heads on CNN and MSNBC who were sniggering over the idea that Trump might run for president. They're just not getting the discontent in this country over Obama's wayward stewardship of the presidency.

On the other hand, I don't believe Trump would be a good fit for president. Schwarzenegger learned the hard way that big talk from an entertainer isn't necessarily transformed into legislation enacted. As possible with Trump, the guvernator was elected by a public very weary of the status quo. And what did the public get in return? More of the same but less effectual. He alienated politicians on both sides of the isle who shoved it all back up his ass.

So, what Republican candidate could capture the American imagination? King George's second term came about as a fear of Democrats, Obama was elected because Capitol Hill Republicans became insufferably arrogant over Bush's second win to assume a tone deaf mandate. Will the public be disgusted enough with all the damage Obama and his minions have wrought to elect a Republican as president? Or can the Republican party even field a capable , believable contender? Or will they put up a loser who guarantees Republican defeat and Obama's second term?

We'll see.

For the record, I despise the two major parties equally and most of the other parties seem to me to be full of fringe lunatics and village idiots.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-01-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I first heard of Trump's choice of the f-bomb the other day from condescending bubble heads on CNN and MSNBC who were sniggering over the idea that Trump might run for president. They're just not getting the discontent in this country over Obama's wayward stewardship of the presidency.

On the other hand, I don't believe Trump would be a good fit for president. Schwarzenegger learned the hard way that big talk from an entertainer isn't necessarily transformed into legislation enacted. As possible with Trump, the guvernator was elected by a public very weary of the status quo. And what did the public get in return? More of the same but less effectual. He alienated politicians on both sides of the isle who shoved it all back up his ass.

So, what Republican candidate could capture the American imagination? King George's second term came about as a fear of Democrats, Obama was elected because Capitol Hill Republicans became insufferably arrogant over Bush's second win to assume a tone deaf mandate. Will the public be disgusted enough with all the damage Obama and his minions have wrought to elect a Republican as president? Or can the Republican party even field a capable , believable contender? Or will they put up a loser who guarantees Republican defeat and Obama's second term?

We'll see.

For the record, I despise the two major parties equally and most of the other parties seem to me to be full of fringe lunatics and village idiots.
Well what I see is a public that is fed up with the "politically correct" crap. Trump threw that concept in the trash and the public responded. Whether he's a good candidate or not may not be as important as the response he received when doing it.
What the others running in the race need to take note is the response of the people to what Trump is saying and they need to recognize that the public is fed up with dickering around the issues. They want straight talk and issues addressed that relate to all the people, not just the liberal lefts "cuddly nanny takes care of you" stuff. The public is really fed up.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
For whatever reason, Trump knew that those women would be receptive to his comments. And they were.
So you're saying women like hearing the F-bomb?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!