Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > California Schools

California Schools Topics And Information Relating To California Schools

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Deport Pedro

The first question that rumbles through my mind is What type of school produces a valedictorian who winds up attending Fresno State? If a kid is wrapped in brown skin and graduates at the top of his class, he can essentially write his ticket to attend just about any college he likes - partial or full ride. Hell, admissions offices would fight over him. He's a minority hard to come by in college admissions. It's not like trying to find Jewish or Asian kids (hardly a challenge). Mexicans with academic bona fides are comparatively rare. He represents the "diversity" that prestigious post secondary institutions kill to put in classrooms. Vanderbilt, an Ivy, Cal, Stanford, Georgetown, Emory, Chicago, etc. He'd have been accepted at least half of those schools, even with sub-par entrance exams. He certainly didn't need to enroll at Farmer Tech.

Fresno State student body president no longer quiet about status as illegal immigrant

The parents of popular Cal State Fresno Student Body President Pedro Ramirez always talked a lot about el sueño Americano — the American Dream.

He was to study hard, get good grades and claim the prize, but it wasn't until that night in their kitchen when the high school valedictorian was filling out university applications that they told him a missing detail — he wasn't a United States citizen. He was born in Mexico. He came to this country when he was 3 years old.

Now, an anonymous tip to the college newspaper has forced Ramirez to publicly expose his secret and has put this son of a maid and a restaurant worker into the thick of a debate on immigration and education that has reached a boiling point in recent weeks. Some have called for his resignation while others have rallied to his defense.

"In a way, I'm relieved," said Ramirez, a 22-year-old political science major from Tulare, Calif. "I don't want to be a liability or cost the school donations. I never really thought this was going to happen. But now that it's out there, I finally feel ready to say, 'Yes, it's me. I'm one of the thousands.' "

Ramirez's critics say he wasn't honest with the student body about his immigration status when he ran for president and should resign.

"He misled the students … he should step down," Cole Rojewski, president of the campus' College Republicans and one of Ramirez's opponents in the race for president, said in a television interview.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 11-19-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:39 AM

When you must get somewhere by lies, you must be removed!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:15 AM
SOS Associate

A brave student at the school is standing up for America in the face of the mexican lobby at that school. He needs our support and thanks.

I spoke with him last night to offer what little guidance I could on such short notice, and he's planning on protesting tomorrow at the school, most likely alone

Neil O'Brien, Citizen's Advocate

P. O. Box 2187

Clovis, Ca 93613

E-mail: neil@ntrdinc.com
Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 PM

He should be deported. If he is an illegal then even by today's corrupted standards, he must have been born somewhere else. Send him back there.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
He should be deported. If he is an illegal then even by today's corrupted standards, he must have been born somewhere else. Send him back there.
If anyone is deported it will be you, not him.

It's his country now. You lost it.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:50 AM

I wonder how our legal citizens can allow this young man to stand alone. If it was close to me I would break my street retirement and join him.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:59 AM
SOS Associate

Neil survived his first protest, and he reports that he had two others, although not students, stand with him. Hopefully this is the percursor to more action in the Fresno area.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:06 AM

Default This is How Feinstein Feels about Deporting Them

This is what Diane Feinstein does. She has done this in the past that I know of. I don't know why Boxer gets an D and Feinstein gets a C.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
This is what Diane Feinstein does. She has done this in the past that I know of. I don't know why Boxer gets an D and Feinstein gets a C.
From Rim05's link:

Quote:
Feinstein action delays student's deportation case

By The Associated Press
Posted: 11/19/2010 09:41:46 PM PST
Updated: 11/20/2010 03:48:29 AM PST

SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco community college student awaiting deportation to his native Peru won a temporary reprieve Friday when U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation halting immigration enforcement proceedings against him.

Steve Li, 20, had been due to be separated from his parents and sent back to Peru last Monday, but federal immigration officials pushed back the deportation at Feinstein's request while the California Democrat prepared the private relief measure that would allow him to remain in the U.S.

"It's amazing. It's extremely rare for a private bill to be introduced," Li's lawyer, Sin Yen Ling, told the Contra Costa Times. "It's clear she thought this was an important case."

Feinstein said in a statement accompanying the bill that Li moved to San Francisco with his parents when he was 12 and did not know they were all in the country illegally until immigration agents arrested them in September. The parents have been ordered to return to China, where they lived before they fled to Peru.

"It appears to me that the only positive future for Steve is that he be able to finish his education and remain in this country," Feinstein said. "There is no future elsewhere."

Ling said she does not expect lawmakers to pass the bill but that its introduction buys Li time while Congress considers legislation aimed at creating a path to citizenship for undocumented youth who graduate from U.S. high schools and go on to attend college or enlist in the military.

Li, who is studying to be a nurse at City College of San Francisco, has been held in an Arizona detention center since early October. His lawyers expect him to be released and reunited with his parents before they are sent back to China.

Feinstein introduced a similar emergency immigration measure last year on behalf of a Philippines-born lesbian mother whose partner is an American citizen.
Look at all the immigration here. Not only is the guy not a US citizen, but he is not even a citizen of the place he should be sent back to. He is Chinese and so are his parents, who are also in the country illegally. They are being thrown out. So should he be thrown out.

What do you bet that these cockroaches immigrated to Peru, just to get into the US. There is probably some clause they exploited that made it possible where it was not otherwise possible. This all takes money and know-how. Where did it come from? I'll bet there is a church involved and considering that Peru, like the rest of South America is Catholic, it is probably the Catholic Church.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:24 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Shouldn't we concentrate on booting out the rapists first, in addition to the dope dealers and other street thugs?

No. In fact, Pedro Ramirez of CSU-Fresno is the first illegal in California who should be detained and sent into deportation proceedings because ... http://derailamnestydotcom.blogspot....ort-pedro.html