Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 AM

Default An unspeakable tragedy.

The Connecticut massacre of 6-7 year olds. School teachers. How more despicable and devastating could the derailed, mentally deranged, lunatics be? They are off the rails, sociopaths out of touch with reality i/e fruit cakes, a segment of our population that doesn't have both oars in the water.

My Son and Daughter are very upset. It is a traumatic impact on them. Years back she lived just adjacent to the incident so it is negated for consideration, but she none-the less contemplates - what if. This shocking event reaches out to many Americans. It touches the soul and asks: How could it happen ???

The brave principal and teacher who attacked the shooter were motivated to protecting their charges. Very brave but not exactly smart. They would have been better served, and perhaps alive, if they had pulled out concealed Glock 9mm's and blasted him to kingdom come. Obviously a tough call. Teachers are not disposed to be heavily armed and ready for war. Most do not share my philosophy. Get that SOB before he gets you !

However, we have here a nuclear plant on here Hudson River, Indian Point, which I have visited. It is surrounded by fence and it has a receiving area where visitor must pass metal detectors and other security procedures. And armed guards who will blast you if you mess around.

So we have the dilemmas. Build protection for our schools, fence, build access check points, arm non-uniformed guards, or listen to screwball Mayor Mike Bloomberg, NYC, who advocates taking the arms out of the hands of citizens, leaving them defenseless.

It has been prove over and over where citizens are armed crime DROPS. Why this escapes the pathetic Liberals is a testimonial to inept segments of our citizens who are as dangerous as the dysfunctional screwballs.

Last edited by wetibbe; 12-16-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 AM

It is unspeakable, outside of the initial reports I have avoided reading or viewing about it because it hurts too much.

It seems to me that the people who do these things are busy getting even with the wrong people for whatever deranged reason. What has happened to our society that these atrocities are even thought of, much less carried out? And how do we fix it?

None of this happened in the 60's. Sure there were serial murderers, such as Juan Corona (Yuba City killer) and the Manson family, but no one walked into a school or theater and hosed the place down with gunfire.

Gun controls won't work, a firearm can always be obtained by those to whom the law doesn't matter. Bloomberg and the others are idiots in that regard, criminals who use firearms tend to use firearms which are not registered to themselves. And I believe it's not hard (even though illegal) to obtain parts to convert semi auto to selective full auto.

What has made indiscriminate mass violence upon total strangers - including children - an acceptable solution for some concerning personal frustration? What gives these people the freedom within themselves to do such things which never happened before the last decade?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM

We're an over stimulated society. With each passing year the media must top what was presented the year before and nothing is left to the imagination. Every horrible thought is presented right there on the tv or movie screen. And when something horrific actually happens it is repeated on the news over and over for days until ever bit of the tragidy is milked for its stimulating ugly entertaining value.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM

"We're an over stimulated society. With each passing year the media must top what was presented the year before and nothing is left to the imagination. Every horrible thought is presented right there on the tv or movie screen. And when something horrific actually happens it is repeated on the news over and over for days until ever bit of the tragidy is milked for its stimulating ugly entertaining value."

That's why I pretty much stay away from the news about this story. I mean what can I do about it. Why should I depress my world with news of this tragedy.
I also pretty much stay away from images of Obama, and when I hear Obama speak on the radio, I usually switch channels, and I switch the channel pretty quickly.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 12-18-2012 at 06:07 PM.