Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-01-2011, 06:03 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
That's not what I'm been seeing, but I really don't want to belabor this anymore. It's not a very uplifting subject and I went off topic to begin with.
I'm with Phil, that's not what I'm seeing either.

It's a pretty simple equation. The SOS board drew attention, from supporters and opposition, b/c we did things. We had stuff to report b/c we were out there - pretty regularly. That tailed off w/ the former SOS as Nightingale lost over half the active membership and couldn't put bodies at events, and so did interest in the board. Same thing here. We had participation when we had things to report. Now we really don't.

Cole is right. We've become a cut and paste news relay outfit. And there's no point getting defensive and telling me about things in Sac. I know you do things, Davi, but that's not where the bulk of our membership is.

As long as we do little or nothing, the interest we generate will be little or nothing.

Despite contrary representations made 3 months ago, not a thing has changed since I started that thread at the beginning of the year ( http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3268 ). We have an organizing committee that can't be bothered to organize.

It's probably time to close it down b/c it's just outright sad and there's no indication that SOP is going to change.

One man, one opinion.

---------

Also, before I forget - Don, please stop wasting your time posting here. It takes away time you could be earning taxable dollars that Phil and I could grab with our "greasy paws" to help finance the State of Israel.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 04-01-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:18 AM

I will admit that things get pretty boring here at times, however I do get good information at times. I can't hear, see or read everything, so most of the things I read here are good to read.
As far as getting people to do anything, it is a problem. I don't know the reason but it was so much more interesting when people would post about what ever is/was going on.

My one thought is, people are too quick to criticize others. Some people are too quick to be offended. I actually know people who cannot stand for someone to disagree with them. Why? I don't expect everyone to agree with me but, it would be nice if a person disagrees, just be polite.
I would really miss the forum if it closed.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:23 AM

DA, I will say that you probably miss the activism a lot because you were always out there.
NEVER GIVE UP!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
It's probably time to close it down b/c it's just outright sad and there's no indication that SOP is going to change.

One man, one opinion.
To hell with you!
If you want the place closed down, you'll be in the company of the open borders lobby, the la raza crowd, the faction of the republican party that lobbies for amnesty, the democrat heirarchy that supports mexico, the mexicans who support illegal immigration, the religious factions , and the SPLC who never met a border security or immigration law enforcement support group they didn't hate.
I'll go past that and issue you this:
If you want the place closed down, you can fight me, sue me, or overthrow me. Short of that, it's not going to happen. Your continuing effort at this has me starting to visualize you as a more educated version of Schwilk
Old 04-01-2011, 06:44 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
That's not what I'm been seeing, but I really don't want to belabor this anymore. It's not a very uplifting subject and I went off topic to begin with.
It's not uplifting because you're not looking for, or pointing out good things; only that which is depressing. there is life out there Phil.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
To hell with you!
If you want the place closed down, you'll be in the company of the open borders lobby, the la raza crowd, the faction of the republican party that lobbies for amnesty, the democrat heirarchy that supports mexico, the mexicans who support illegal immigration, the religious factions , and the SPLC who never met a border security or immigration law enforcement support group they didn't hate.
I'll go past that and issue you this:
If you want the place closed down, you can fight me, sue me, or overthrow me. Short of that, it's not going to happen. Your continuing effort at this has me starting to visualize you as a more educated version of Schwilk
Yeah, I know that happens. I get mistaken for Schwilk all the time. I'm getting tired of people serving me with papers and then apologizing.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 AM

Default Reply and comment.

I think your last paragraph has some merit. BTW, since when is Geraldo Rivera right wing? __________________
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

Heraldo is a staunch cheer leader for Latinos/Hispanics and sympathetic to the "La Raza" . That I don't like. Can't really muster up much in the way of defending his other attitudes and opinions but the Guy really does come out with some objective reporting that I really like a lot and agree with. He is thorough and often very incisive. When he and Bill O'reilly have one one one conversations I enjoy them. Apart from that he is a Fox news contributor and as such I'm not too sure that it gives him any leeway with the conservative crowd. At least he isn't on CNN or Chris Matthews or MSNBC with Keith Olberman.

I think that maybe my problem with listening to the conservatives may have something to do with my diminishing tolerance for blather and tired rhetoric. I like action. Not useless jawboning, whining and complaining endlessly over and over day after day, week after week, month after month..

As to SOS's current status and future, I personally believe that it should continue with renewed vigor and vitality. Now some words:

I have attended the street events and meetings of other Patriot Groups in my area. We are in daily contact. But I have always declined their many invitations to join or merge. They know that I support them. I stay in the shadow and under the radar. I shun publicity. But I also vigorously support law enforcement.

SOS may consider some clandestine, spook, efforts to detect employers of illegal aliens and report them to ICE. It's remarkably easy. I do it all the time. But I'm completely fluent in Spanish. I just walk up and start a friendly, innocuous conversation. I ask for ID and they pull out their Matricula Consulares.

I also join with local labor union business agents. I ride around with them to construction sites where they absolutely know who is illegal and a bandit contractor. You would be amazed at how much they know.

Things change. Things evolve. SOS shouldn't stay in the same old rut. They should rethink, innovate and improvise.

There are not that many of us around. We need to stick together.

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-01-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Things change. Things evolve. SOS shouldn't stay in the same old rut. They should rethink, innovate and improvise.

There are not that many of us around. We need to stick together.
there's only a rut, if that's what you want to see. We've stepped out and into the public light through our statehouse; something we never had in our history. We've filed public record searches that have provided avenues for everyone in the movement to use government services and challenge the administrations, local, statewide, and federal, positions. None of that was in our history. We held an event where local political figures came and spoke....which never happened before in our history.
Please don't subscribe to the gloom and doom lobby
Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
It's not just here Phil; The posting and activism is down everywhere; the gun forums, the cop forums, the first amendment forums, all of them I am active on. It isn't SOS; It isn't the immigration law enforcement movement; I don't know what it is, but I'm not going to give in to it. When I feel that way, I just get out and do something. Even if it's a little something that people laugh at or ridicule. I figure my opposition is in the same condition, and I'm not opposed to kicking them when they're down. Try and cheer up, and consider my suggestion
Quote:
I could make a case for it in the reading of today's headlines:

Tea party's influence wanes as lawmakers compromisehttp://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/03/3...-wanes-as.html
Old 04-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Patriotic Pragmatic

Quote:
You've got this all wrong. Don has a history of making blatantly anti-Semitic statements on this forum. He doesn't have to mention the Jews every time: it's quite obvious where he's coming from. And don't assume I equate anti-Semitism with being anti-Israel, because I assure you I know the difference. You're the one making the straw man argument when you say I'm the same lot who equates the minutemen with the KKK, and frankly I find you rather disgusting for saying that. I'm not the stupid one here, you are.
I wasn't aware of his history.
LOL I'll be frank I'm anti-zionist to the extent that I have clashed with those in my own political party on the issue of occupied palestine. But I don't think the israel lobby is the same as all jews. AIPAC is a vocal minority. Zionists are a pesky group that claim the support of the jewish community as a whole when in fact they don't have it, and this helped get hitler elected. The jewish community needs to distance itself from racial supremacists in it's midst, but that doesn't make all jews bad people.

Some people have a hard time grasping the whole picture and just hate jews, which is pretty stupid ...
it's funny how those most aggresive of neo-con warhawks, refuse to acknowledge the war of invasion at our border. It almost seems as if they're worried about defending an entirely different country than our own.
it's time to put America first.

SMASH THE REDS! LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES: FLEE!

Arizona has spoken. Will America listen?