Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
If this tread continues to be abrasive, it doesn't matter who is being abrasive, I'll close it.

I know the written word is sometimes misunderstood because the emphases and what one is trying to stress isn't always relayed to the reader, and as a result people get angry.
What are you waiting for? It can't get too much worse than it is now.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
If this tread continues to be abrasive, it doesn't matter who is being abrasive, I'll close it.

I know the written word is sometimes misunderstood because the emphases and what one is trying to stress isn't always relayed to the reader, and as a result people get angry.
Jean,

I'm not sure what you were trying to convey in the original cut and paste post. However, a lot of what has been presented after the originating post in this thread is very clear as to what the poster intended to relay.

I personally view this thread as it has evolved to be very distasteful and counter productive towards accomplishing the goal of true immigration reform. I truly wish it had never come up.

There is an extremely large difference between identifying culpable perpetrators and and the slanderous spray painting of innocent bystanders.

How much has the anti illegal immigration cause been successfully slandered in like fashion, with declarations by persons "on our side" such as posted in this thread to lend believability towards the charges?

It's not about being politically correct so much as as being scrupulously fair, honest and accurate about what is said and done.

Otherwise, there is no credibility and we lose.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
What are you waiting for? It can't get too much worse than it is now.
Ah c'mon; We can argue without fear here, can't we? If we have to silence someone to win, what have we won?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Ah c'mon; We can argue without fear here, can't we? If we have to silence someone to win, what have we won?
I appreciate that attitude, AG. I just didn't care one way or the other, since the thread didn't seem to be going anywhere but downhill. Right now I'm just bewildered by the lack of activity on this board as a whole. When you look at the last thread on any topic it was hardly ever posted that day, which tells you how few posts there are. I guess this is off-topic, but that's partly what I'm reacting to here, my frustration at the failure of this organization to regenerate itself to what it once was. And I don't blame you for that, or Jean, or anyone else. I'm just at a loss to understand what's happened here.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 03-31-2011, 03:50 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Right now I'm just bewildered by the lack of activity on this board as a whole. When you look at the last thread on any topic it was hardly ever posted that day, which tells you how few posts there are. I guess this is off-topic, but that's partly what I'm reacting to here, my frustration at the failure of this organization to regenerate itself to what it once was. And I don't blame you for that, or Jean, or anyone else. I'm just at a loss to understand what's happened here.
Look inward Phil,

There are several threads going that have been updated this week, all having to do with recent action to keep the effort alive. The state capitol thread, the event at the student March in March, the SOS RADIO! Thread, ...I could go on and on, but I haven't seen much from you on those, so what's the difference between your frustration with this organization, your frustration with everyone else, and theirs with you? Not that there is any with you, but I was making a point.
We can lead to water, but we cannot make people drink. This other stuff is just enlightening and amusing in between time for me. Hell, I don't see the same thing Don does about the jewish brotherhood in LA, but I'd like to understand more, simply because then I might also understand why people don't get what I tell them about the mexican brotherhood and their agenda to dominate California. I'm not afraid of Don, nor am I worried about getting some sort of anti-semitic infection from him. Actually, I'm hoping he can learn from us too.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Look inward Phil,

There are several threads going that have been updated this week, all having to do with recent action to keep the effort alive. The state capitol thread, the event at the student March in March, the SOS RADIO! Thread, ...I could go on and on, but I haven't seen much from you on those, so what's the difference between your frustration with this organization, your frustration with everyone else, and theirs with you? Not that there is any with you, but I was making a point.
We can lead to water, but we cannot make people drink. This other stuff is just enlightening and amusing in between time for me. Hell, I don't see the same thing Don does about the jewish brotherhood in LA, but I'd like to understand more, simply because then I might also understand why people don't get what I tell them about the mexican brotherhood and their agenda to dominate California. I'm not afraid of Don, nor am I worried about getting some sort of anti-semitic infection from him. Actually, I'm hoping he can learn from us too.
I guess I haven't explained this too well. I understand that I personally play into the apathy by not participating as much myself. So yes, it's partly me, but there are also external factors which affect my attitude. In the "old days", if you remember, there were thousands of posts every day on any number of topics, and you couldn't help but stay interested. I found this board to be really inspirational, and I definitely think it was a factor in my more frequent activism back then. Even before SOS changed hands it was getting to the point where you might start a thread or make a post and not one person would answer you. After a while that gets pretty discouraging. I don't mean to imply that my passion for the illegal immigration issue is any less than it ever was, because it's not. It just seems a little bit lonely right now. I'm not saying it's a rational position, but it's the way I feel.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
I guess I haven't explained this too well. I understand that I personally play into the apathy by not participating as much myself. So yes, it's partly me, but there are also external factors which affect my attitude. In the "old days", if you remember, there were thousands of posts every day on any number of topics, and you couldn't help but stay interested. I found this board to be really inspirational, and I definitely think it was a factor in my more frequent activism back then. Even before SOS changed hands it was getting to the point where you might start a thread or make a post and not one person would answer you. After a while that gets pretty discouraging. I don't mean to imply that my passion for the illegal immigration issue is any less than it ever was, because it's not. It just seems a little bit lonely right now. I'm not saying it's a rational position, but it's the way I feel.
It's not just here Phil; The posting and activism is down everywhere; the gun forums, the cop forums, the first amendment forums, all of them I am active on. It isn't SOS; It isn't the immigration law enforcement movement; I don't know what it is, but I'm not going to give in to it. When I feel that way, I just get out and do something. Even if it's a little something that people laugh at or ridicule. I figure my opposition is in the same condition, and I'm not opposed to kicking them when they're down. Try and cheer up, and consider my suggestion
Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
It's not just here Phil; The posting and activism is down everywhere;
That's not what I'm been seeing, but I really don't want to belabor this anymore. It's not a very uplifting subject and I went off topic to begin with.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:20 AM

Default Not me.

Sorry Guys, but I didn't read this thread and I didn't post. Don't really know what has been said to any extent.

However, I think it is correct that postings everywhere are down as well as Patriot Group activity.

Now I do have a problem and I don't exactly understand it myself. I'm definitely an old time Republican and a conservative who has supported the party since childhood. And voted for every Republican President, since, and including, Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Although basically I agree with the right wing media I can no longer listen to:

Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Laura Ingraham
Glenn Beck
Chris Wallace

And Monica Crowley is now on the short list. Along with Dick Morris.
Geraldo Rivera is on thin ice.

But I do listen to Bill O'Reilly and Charles Krauthammer. And sometimes Karl Rove.

My guess as to the falling interest of posters and Patriots may be: Burnout after so many years. And the changing tide in public opinion and gains in going after illegal aliens.

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-01-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Although basically I agree with the right wing media I can no longer listen to:

Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Laura Ingraham
Glenn Beck
Chris Wallace

And Monica Crowley is now on the short list. Along with Dick Morris.
Geraldo Rivera is on thin ice.

But I do listen to Bill O'Reilly and Charles Krauthammer. And sometimes Karl Rove.

My guess as to the falling interest of posters and Patriots may be: Burnout after so many years. And the changing tide in public opinion and gains in going after illegal aliens.
I think your last paragraph has some merit. BTW, since when is Geraldo Rivera right wing?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!