Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Unnecessary, maybe. Accurate, without a doubt. Vague as to whom it referred? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

You didn't answer the question, however. You said you don't like what the author wrote. How would you change it?
You cannot be serious....
You want me to write something for Chelena or her crew to pick up and run with? The only thing I'd offer to help her write is her confession
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
You cannot be serious....
You want me to write something for Chelena or her crew to pick up and run with? The only thing I'd offer to help her write is her confession

I don't want you to write anything. I want you to tell me how it could be improved. You said you don't like it. OK, so what could fix it?

Davi, you can't polish a turd. The author of that piece has to write about Chelene. That's the topic. That passage is not bad at all. It makes her sound All-American, family-oriented and portrays her as having a variety of experiences.

It highlights and polishes the good, and ignores or minimizes the bad.

Unfortunately, discovering the cure to cancer, possessing a towering intellect, building a financial empire or leading the life of an admirable role model aren't on the menu. That's not the author's fault, though.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
I don't want you to write anything. I want you to tell me how it could be improved. You said you don't like it. OK, so what could fix it?

Davi, you can't polish a turd. The author of that piece has to write about Chelene. That's the topic. That passage is not bad at all. It makes her sound All-American, family-oriented and portrays her as having a variety of experiences.

It highlights and polishes the good, and ignores or minimizes the bad.

Unfortunately, discovering the cure to cancer, possessing a towering intellect, building a financial empire or leading the life of an admirable role model aren't on the menu. That's not the author's fault, though.
Highlights the good? Maybe if it were selling her to her own mother, but not to a wary populous state longing for someone who works well with others. Think about it: Our current governor is perceived as being an outcast within his own party. He also has not been able to make east meet west on just about anything under the dome. In short, he's a loner who does what he wants..or maybe what washington wants. But people around the state want a working partnership in the capitol, not another several years of paralysis. So is Chelene's resume about her ability to work well with others? that's rhetorical of course, and a little sarcastic too. That resume screams Me..Me..Me..Meeee. This piece is a terrible lie of course, but if you're going to defraud, you might at least misrepresent the product so it will sell to the customers you are marketing to.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:42 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Y'know Davi, I don't the first thing voters are looking for is works well with others.

Nonetheless, you answered the question. We disagree.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
That resume screams Me..Me..Me..Meeee
And when has it never been about her?

I have heard that my American Apparel protests caused her a great deal of concern. Why? Because some one did something without her being a part of it. I wonder if MikeinLA received some of that "concern" also? He was the co-organizer of that event.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Y'know Davi, I don't the first thing voters are looking for is works well with others.
Are you kidding me? Just because we don't see them that way, or we don't want that doesn't mean it isn't so. A very big percentage of the people in CA think the disfunction is caused by stubborn, self interest and partisan political divide. All the different needy groups actually believe that they can get their way, or the budgets passed if they just get people in office who will work together. Of course it's not true, but that's what many of them are saying when you speak with them at the capitol. The fact is, they really just want to see the place work, even if it ends up working badly. That's why they keep paying more in taxes and fees instead of standing on the corner like a madman like us
Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM
"SZinWestLA"

No, I'm not kidding you.

Look, let's make a deal. If Chelene wins the election, I'm right. If she loses, you're right, but you have to promise to help with her next campaign by driving around Sacramento with your sign, for weekends on end, bearing an improved Nightingale-lauding pitch/advertisement of your own creation.

Deal?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personally, I kind of like the one contained in the blog that Frank pointed out - Some supporters say that Nightingale is Joan of Arc, while others say she's Mary Magdalene. The candidate has been compared in the media to Sarah Palin, Wonder Woman, Susan B. Anthony, Oprah, Batgirl, Margaret Thatcher, Madonna and the goddess Minerva.

If I had to guess, Chelene is probably miffed that they left out Jesus Christ.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 09-30-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
No, I'm not kidding you.

Look, let's make a deal. If Chelene wins the election, I'm right. If she loses, you're right, but you have to promise to help with her next campaign by driving around Sacramento with your sign, for weekends on end, bearing an improved Nightingale-lauding pitch/advertisement of your own creation.

Deal?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personally, I kind of like the one contained in the blog that Frank pointed out - Some supporters say that Nightingale is Joan of Arc, while others say she's Mary Magdalene. The candidate has been compared in the media to Sarah Palin, Wonder Woman, Susan B. Anthony, Oprah, Batgirl, Margaret Thatcher, Madonna and the goddess Minerva.

If I had to guess, Chelene is probably miffed that they left out Jesus Christ.
Actually I've heard her compare herself to God already, so Jesus would be a step back.

And no; I don't see a win for me in your deal. Just a lot of weekends getting the finger from what is certain to end up being hordes of disillusioned decline-to-states, AIP members, and any company giving her campaign materials on credit
Old 10-01-2010, 01:39 AM

I've got a suggestion. Can we have a counter on our blog that counts the days ,incrementing daily, until Chelena pays off her known debts?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:48 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
I've got a suggestion. Can we have a counter on our blog that counts the days ,incrementing daily, until Chelena pays off her known debts?
Yes, I think we can