Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 AM
SOS Associate

Default Stealth Amnesty Still Happening

Years ago I relayed my experiences here with some of my former employees. I had a native born spanish speaker from mexico working at my business, I believe she was an anchor baby, but not sure. She had a sister that was illegally working under a false ID, a husband working illegally under a false ID, and a brother in law working illegally under a false ID.

During the next year or two, the husband was outed as an illegal where he worked, and faced termination. They took their case to san francisco immigration court and won legal status for him despite the facct he had re-entered illegally after being deported, and trying to evade a border patrol agent at the border, gunning the car through the checkpoint. He now works as a class A truck driver legally.

One sister, after I received a "run" letter from IRS, also took her case to immigration authorites and won legal status, within a couple weeks I might add. She is now working legally at a big processing company.

One brother who had worked illegally has also been legalized recently, and is still employed, as well as the boyfriend of the sister who had also been outed where he worked several years ago.

The husband and the sister are un-explainable as to why they were granted work status, especially so after the husband had received a ban on entry for many years as a result of the forced entry incident.

The rest, I found out last night, had been chain migrated by a sister in law, thereby granting legal status to those who had broken the law for many years. I caught up with my former employee last night at a home they bought for next to nothing thanks to the recent crisis. Although my former employee is not working now, she took course in GED, and also got her medial assisitance training, but cannot find a job in that field. The husband is working, although his hours have been cut back to 30.

Why is this not amnesty? Of course it is. Any reason is sufficient to justify legalization, and fines are small if not forgiven.
Chain migration is one of our biggest threats to the workplace.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:28 AM

Sure it's amnesty, it's even better than amnesty. Who would grant public amnesty to scum rushing the border? And notice that one of these dirt bags is now in the medical community. This is the most ominous trend that I've seen and it's been going on a long, long time. We need to get immigrants out of the medical establishment.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:31 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Sure it's amnesty, it's even better than amnesty. Who would grant public amnesty to scum rushing the border? And notice that one of these dirt bags is now in the medical community. This is the most ominous trend that I've seen and it's been going on a long, long time. We need to get immigrants out of the medical establishment.
I'm not sure what you mean by that? Get visa holders out or people who have immigrated legally? Theformer is at least legally attainable; the latter legally impossible
Old 11-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Why is this not amnesty? Of course it is. Any reason is sufficient to justify legalization, and fines are small if not forgiven.
Chain migration is one of our biggest threats to the workplace.
Report: Judges deny 63 percent of deportation requests

BY CINDY CARCAMO
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Nov. 12, 2010

Federal immigration judges in Los Angeles rejected 63 percent of deportation requests this year filed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials — the third highest number in the nation, according to a report by a data-gathering organization at Syracuse University.

One of the primary reasons for the rejections appears to be that judges found the government had no legitimate grounds for seeking a removal order, according to the report released Tuesday by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse. The Los Angeles Immigration Court serves Orange County, as well as other surrounding counties.

The number of denials in Los Angeles has significantly increased in the last couple of years, peaking in Fiscal Year 2010, according to the report. That rejection rate is mirrored in large cities such as New York City, Portland, and Miami. Los Angeles ranks third for highest deportation denials.

The report suggests that some relatively new ICE programs, such as Secure Communities program may have attributed to the increase. Secure Communities shares fingerprint information of those arrested in local custody with immigration officials.

"Is it targeting the individuals for removal who in fact should be deported?" the report says about ICE.

ICE officials said in a written statement that the administration is still committed to prioritizing the arrest and removal efforts of those who are in the country illegally that pose a danger to public safety.

"It appears that the report fails to take into account many factors, including the fact that immigration courts are independently authorized to allow illegal aliens to remain in the United States," said the statement, released by ICE spokeswoman Virginia Kice.

The report comes a little more than a month after Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced a record number of immigration removals at a Washington, D.C., press conference. The agency has touted their new focus on deporting the "worst of worst" people in the country illegally.

"In 2010, ICE has removed more than 195,000 convicted criminals -- a record number," Kice said in the statement.

The report stated that in Los Angeles, 27 percent of the cases were turned down in 2010 because the court determined there were no grounds for removal of the person in question. About 29 percent were granted some sort of relief to remain in the country.

Two years ago, 43 percent of deportation requests presented by ICE officials in Los Angeles were denied by immigration judges. About 9 percent of the cases were turned down because the judge found no grounds for removal, according to the report.

Susan Long, co-author of the report, said they were unable to determine why there were no grounds for deportation in the cases in question because ICE officials refused to release the information.

"The public should point the finger to ICE and ask 'why are you not releasing this data?,' " she said. "We'd be happy to put it out there and analyze it for the public. That's exactly what our original intent was to present as full of a picture."

As the new administration has ramped up deportation efforts there are a growing number of cases and less oversight over the decisions to initiate the deportation process compared to the past, said Ahilan Arulanantham, director of immigrant rights and national security for the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California.

“This is happening for two reasons,” Arulanantham said. “A lot of time, the person making the decision is a local law enforcement officer who doesn’t know much immigration law. Second, even when it is ICE officers … they probably had less training than ICE officers had in the past and the pile on their desk is bigger than the pile they had in the past.”

Reasons for denials can vary widely. Just because a person is in the country illegally doesn’t mean their subject for immediate removal, Arulanantham said. For instance, a judge could reject a deportation order for a person who is the country illegally but who is in the process of gaining U.S. residency.

In addition, some of these deportation requests are filed against legal immigrants convicted of a crime that doesn’t necessarily qualify for deportation, Arulanantham added.

However, the exact reasons for these particular cases remain unclear.

“The determination that someone is deportable is not simple, it's actually complex,” he said.

The report doesn't attribute the court make up or policies as factors, stating that there have been very few changes to the makeup of the judges or Executive Office for Immigration Review policies.

Immigrant rights groups and policy advocates have called the federal agency's deportation statistics "misleading," stating that the agency is deporting people with minor criminal convictions and those who have been charged yet not convicted of crimes.

"This happens when you have programs like Secure Communities and the 287g programs where local police are responsible for identifying and arresting people and turning them over to ICE. They're basically casting a very wide net," said Michele Waslin, a senior policy analyst at the Immigration Policy Center, the pro-immigration, research and policy arm of the American Immigration Council.

"Now, it might be that these cases are going before a judge," she said.

The report's authors state that ICE officials may have the answers but have refused to disclose more extensive data to the public, making it difficult to track cases from their origins to disposition. This prevents the report from determining which particular initiatives may account for the sharp increase in ICE's turndown rate.

"The poor targeting of government removal efforts documented by the Immigration Court data shows that scarce resources such as the investigative time of ICE agents are being wasted and that the ability of the government to deport those who should be removed from the country therefore has been reduced," the report said. "Poor targeting that weakens the government is inefficient.''

http://www.ocregister.com/news/repor...ation-ice.html

Link to Los Angeles Immigration Court http://www.justice.gov/eoir/sibpages/los/losmain.htm

I'm continuing this train of thought here http://saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3019

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-13-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that? Get visa holders out or people who have immigrated legally? Theformer is at least legally attainable; the latter legally impossible
Why are you so enthusiastic about legal strategies when obviously the opposition has so much more success ignoring the laws? Certainly enforcing the law is the first level of confrontation against the immigrant infection of the medical establishment. And certainly respecting the law is always important no matter what you do. But to always put the law in front of what can be done to confront criminals and hostility to the US in general is legally and morally unnecessary. Certainly illegal immigrants start with this atitude and then use this position as the best place to cross over the law when crossing borders.

Especially now that rot has completely seized the capital in Sacramento, it is high time to show a little less delicacy, always remembering though, that the law is on our side and so respecting the law is a first priority.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Why are you so enthusiastic about legal strategies when obviously the opposition has so much more success ignoring the laws? Certainly enforcing the law is the first level of confrontation against the immigrant infection of the medical establishment. And certainly respecting the law is always important no matter what you do. But to always put the law in front of what can be done to confront criminals and hostility to the US in general is legally and morally unnecessary. Certainly illegal immigrants start with this atitude and then use this position as the best place to cross over the law when crossing borders.

Especially now that rot has completely seized the capital in Sacramento, it is high time to show a little less delicacy, always remembering though, that the law is on our side and so respecting the law is a first priority.
You're wrong again.

The law which is not ignored is used very much in favor of illegal aliens. There's lots of attorneys working pro bono for them, and if someone wants to take advantage the law he had best have a fortune, or a pro bono attorney who believes in what he is doing.

I have a book which details legal rights written for "Latinos". It goes into rights from drunk driving to immigration to racial discrimination to education and much, much more. And it cites Supreme Court decisions as well as case law which applies to much of the 50 states.

I'll guarantee this: your ass is already whipped 9 ways to Sunday concerning immigration because you babble so much about what you think should be done rather than finding out what the law says and realizing just who knows the legal loopholes.

They're going to court while you're talking shit.

And what's your point about "immigrants" and the medical field? I have a good guess, but I want to hear you spit it out.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-13-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 AM

Default Why be mystified ?

How do illegals gain status ? - Simple as Simon my friends. CORRUPTION.

A system that is rotten laced with liberal judges that rule according to personal convictions e.g. social justice, instead of the Constitution and the immigration laws.

These immigration laws mean nothing to the "progressive" judges.