Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Default Report from the group visit to Congressmen McKeon's office

Report from the April 10th, 2014 group visit to Congressmen McKeon’s Valencia office.

Eight anti amnesty /pro sovereignty, Americans gathered and paid a visit to the Valencia office of Retiring Congressmen Buck Mc Keon. Although it was an unscheduled visit to the Congressman's office, McKeon’s staff had prepared a written statement explaining why McKeon was not allowing the “Enlist Act" into the Defense Authorization bill, waiting for us.
The meeting was cordial, as this is the fourth group office visit that we have made, since August 2013, and the fourth time we’ve spoke with McKeon’s District Director Morris Thomas.

After announcing our displeasure about the “Enlist Act" and the fact that Congressmen McKeon is a co sponsor of the bill we asked that McKeon’s staff call the Congressmen and put him on the phone with us…now!
Rather startled by the request, McKeon’s District Director politely said that he couldn’t.

The members of our group each raised points as to why the “Enlist Act" was terrible. Ranging from the fact that we can’t think of one positive reason why we need illegal aliens in the American military, the fraudulent documentation that illegal aliens will use to document identity, the lack of allegiance that illegal aliens actually have to the American nation, and because of the very real threat that if passed the American military will be put in the position of training future terrorists and drug cartel gang members.
One member of our group pointed out that the “Enlist Act”, in effect turns our military into a sort of mercenary force, similar to the French foreign legion. The "Enlist Act" creates the situation where virtually any illegal alien and their extended family get legal status in exchange for military enlistment.
The “Enlist Act” is great for illegal aliens wanting to get legal status for themselves and their extended families, as well as for criminals wanting to gain advanced military training, but we just don’t see where it benefits Americans.
Strangely enough, McKeon’s District Director agreed with us on that point.

McKeon’s District Director wanted to make the point that Congressmen McKeon has listened to our requests, and reminded us that in past group visits we have insisted, That “We want no immigration legislation of any kind this year (2014), and told us “That is exactly what you you’ve got, no immigration legislation.” The District Director also said numerous times, “ it is my opinion that on a scale of 1 to 10, I feel the chances that no immigration legislation will be enacted this year is around 9.5”.
After hearing this statement I have to admit that I felt quite pleased, but I have to temper my optimism with the fact that Congressmen McKeon currently is a co sponsor of the “Enlist Act”, And because of this fact one has to ask the question: Can we really trust that a co sponsor will ultimately not use his power to advance legislation, which he has officially co sponsored?

We asked that the Congressmen remove his name as co sponsor of the “Enlist Act”, but we were told that Congressmen McKeon could not.
Could it be possible that McKeon’s office might have wanted us to leave the meeting feeling placated and then go home feeling comfortable enough to decide not to bother with the “Enlist Act” and it’s outcome?

The Facts:
Congressmen McKeon said, “ I do not intend to include the “Enlist Act’, in the proposed National Defense Authorization bill”. Because of this statement many thought that the Enlist act was now dead, but all McKeon has really said is that he doesn’t believe that “the Chairman’s mark should be the original venue for this debate”. This of course leaves open other avenues such as the conference with the Senate or amendments for the “Enlist Act” to be inserted.
Today Congressmen McKeon fanned the flames further by suggesting Jeff Denham and the Republican House leadership was hard at work trying to gain support.
http://www.therepublic.com/w/US--Congress-Immigration

Although Congressmen McKeon is on record saying he would not let the “Enlist Act” to originate from the bill that he will submit, McKeon made this statement only after 50,000 Numbers USA members faxed their congressmen in objection to this amnesty attempt.

Under further investigation I looked up the names of the 47 co sponsors, The Republicans include:
Buck Mckeon, Duncan Hunter, Ken Calvert, Darrell Issa, Kevin McCarthy, and many others teaming up with the likes of Louis Gutierrez and Zoe Lofgren.
Here is the full list of shame:
http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-...377/cosponsors

My conclusion:

It seems to me that amnesty initiatives like the “Enlist Act” is a bit like a bacteria or fungus. It likes dark and unnoticed places in which it can be inserted, and can get a chance to grow, but once it gets a little sunlight like 50,000 faxes that were sent by Numbers USA members and office visits like the one I was on today. This is the bright sunlight and energy that this stuff called amnesty for illegal aliens can’t stand and can’t grow in.
Please call your Republican Congressmen and a few of the co sponsors of the “Enlist Act”, and provide the bright light and energy that kills fungus and bacteria like the “Enlist Act”.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 04-11-2014 at 11:26 AM.