Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 AM

Default Federal Judge Blocks Part of Arizona Immigration Law

Well it happened, our federal gov. is turning against the American people.

Federal Judge Blocks Part of Arizona Immigration Law
A federal judge on Wednesday granted a partial injunction requested by the federal government on the controversial Arizona immigration law, SB 1070.
U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton has blocked the portion of the law that requires police officers to determine the immigration status of a person detained or arrested.

She also struck down the section of law that makes it a crime if someone fails to carry immigration registration papers and the provision that makes it a crime for an illegal immigrant to seek or perform work.

In all, Bolton struck down four sections of the law, the ones that opponents called the most controversial parts. Bolton said she was putting those sections on hold until the courts resolve the issues.

Opponents say the law will lead to racial profiling and is trumped by federal immigration law.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 07-28-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 AM

I am almost physically sick. Obama surrenders American territory in AZ to Mexican drug dealers and now this.

Rush Limbaugh says it will add to the anti-Democrat vote in the fall 2010 election. Let's hope so.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM

Yes, the cake is almost done, and I'm ready with millions of Americans to begin eating it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 AM

Arizona residents should all stop paying taxes. They are being taxed with NO representation.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM

And so the filth continues to defecate on the United States, its constitution and its citizens. Steel yourselves. Set your heart just that much harder against the vermin whose every step on offended soil is a hostile act against free people everywhere and whose every breath is an insult and affront. Never give up.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Supporters took solace that the judge kept portions of the law intact, including a section that bars local governments from limiting enforcement of federal immigration laws. Those jurisdictions are commonly known as "sanctuary cities."
If a federal judge knocks down sanctuary cities it is effective at the federal level where no city may create them?

Quote:
"Requiring Arizona law enforcement officials and agencies to determine the immigration status of every person who is arrested burdens lawfully present aliens because their liberty will be restricted while their status is checked," Bolton wrote.
Doesn't this say that the federal government's project of fingerprinting prisoners is illegal?

I just read it as I see it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100728/...na_immigration
Old 07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Continent Thief

. . .

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 07-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Well, I hope Arizona gets a better judge draw in the 9th circuit. Or the supreme court is gonna hear this one.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:50 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55 View Post
Well, I hope Arizona gets a better judge draw in the 9th circuit. Or the supreme court is gonna hear this one.

It's going to go to the Supreme Court, regardless of what the 9th Circuit says.

Folks, this was not as bad as it could have been and, more specifically, the injunction was not as broad/all encompassing as I was expecting.

The provisions left standing:

A. Prohibitions against sanctuary cities. All law enforcement in AZ will have to enforce immigr. laws. No L.A./San Fran/Houston crap can exist.

B. Day laborer aimed restrictions. Penalties/criminal charges for hiring that involves motor vehicles stopping on streets or slowing down traffic goes into effect at midnight.

C. Police have discretionary ability to ask about immigration status (i.e. not mandatory; What do you think is going to be the policy in Maricopa County and around the border?)

Gov. Brewer is right. This one is faaaaaaaaaar from over.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
The provisions left standing:

B. Day laborer aimed restrictions. Penalties/criminal charges for hiring that involves motor vehicles stopping on streets or slowing down traffic goes into effect at midnight.
I heard that day laborers will still be allowed to solicit work.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."