Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-10-2012, 05:04 PM

Default Problem I had when I cast my vote.

When I went to the polling place to vote on November 6th. I wasn't allowed to vote, I had to vote on a provisional ballot.

I moved to a new home last spring and I made a change of address with my voters registration. I had my new voters registration card and voters guide which I took to the polls. When I went to my polling place the poll worker found my name and I signed the book. Another person then said I had to surrender my mail in ballot. I told the poll workers that "I never requested a mail in ballot and I never received a mail in ballot". I was then only allowed to vote on a provisional ballot.

I also noticed that a lot of other voters were having the same problem. I should also mention that I am a registered Republican and I live in an area that is probably more heavily Republican.

Do you think this is suspicious?

Now that California is totally one party rule I am wondering if this is an example of a rigged election, or I was targeted because I am a registered Republican.

I am told I can check up on my ballot in 30 days, which I will do. I also called the Secretary of State to report my problem. I'm not sure what good that will do.

Please let me know what you think, I'm worried about corruption in the polls.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 11-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 AM

Greg,

There is a lady out in Palm Springs who was part of an effort to watch for voting fraud in the election.

She had asked me if I would volunteer to take some training and be an election observer, I couldn't commit because I never know when or where I might be working. I voted by mail in ballot.

Her web address at the time was (edited in, I got the email address wrong in this post - the right one is ellen@electionintegrityproject.com ). She might have some helpful advice.

In retrospect I should have posted about all that here back then, but it didn't occur to me then.

About voter registration: over the years I have registered as an independent in four different counties (not at the same time, of course). I have found myself switched to Democrat or Republican on several different occasions. I'm not sure if that has to do within the county offices or if it is with people who are paid to get signatures for ballot measures.

I don't trust either one and the pitches for the ballot measures often don't match the language of the proposed measure itself. I also understand that the measures are often changed to some degree after getting enough signatures to qualify for the ballot. It all stinks and most people buy into the pitch rather than read the proposal for themselves before signing.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the information. I tried the email address, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'll write a letter to the Secretary of State, and alert my Congressman's office.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Thanks for the information. I tried the email address, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'll write a letter to the Secretary of State, and alert my Congressman's office.
I screwed up on the email address.

The correct one is ellen@electionintegrityproject.com

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.