Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-07-2010, 01:39 PM

Default Cost to taxpayers in LA is now over $1.5 Billion ea. yr.

Email I received: Pay attention to the fact that these figures don’t cover the cost of education which far accede all other costs. On average for LAUSD it costs $1,000 per month per child. It’s not uncommon for an illegal household to have 5 to 10 kids. This is a cost to the taxpayer of $45,000 to $90,000 a year for a 9 month school session just for education and is not included in the $1.5 billion stated in Antonovich’s report.
ANTONOVICH GOING TO WASHINGTON D.C. TO MEET WITH F EDERAL OFFICIALS ON REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION & ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

LOS ANGELES COUNTY -- Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich will be in Washington D.C. next week to advocate for a newly revised 30/10 initiative to accelerate regional highways, transit projects, and public-private partnerships funded by Measure R.

Last Thursday, an amendment by Supervisors Antonovich and Ridley-Thomas was unanimously approved by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Board of Directors adding highway construction and improvements, and regional transportation solutions to the 30/10 plan. According to the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation, Measure R highway projects will generate 341,500 jobs, $46.3 billion in economic output and $15.1 billion in earnings.

Antonovich will also push for measures to reduce the devastating impact of illegal immigration on local government including the adoption of a bonded-guest-worker program, cooperative medical clinics, and electronic identification verification.

The annual cost of illegal immigration to Los Angeles County taxpayers exceeds a $1.5 billion, which includes between $350 and $500 million for public safety, $500 million for healthcare, and $550 million in welfare and food stamp allocations. Roughly 25% of Los Angeles County ‘s jail population is illegal, and 24% percent of the County’s total allotment of welfare and food stamp benefits goes directly to the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Last Thursday, an amendment by Supervisors Antonovich and Ridley-Thomas was unanimously approved by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Board of Directors adding highway construction and improvements, and regional transportation solutions to the 30/10 plan. According to the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation, Measure R highway projects will generate 341,500 jobs, $46.3 billion in economic output and $15.1 billion in earnings.
Just who do you think will get those 341,500 jobs? Have you ever looked at who is doing all the street repair and upgrades using the stimulus funds? I have and so far I have seen maybe a couple of white and NOT ONE black person. You can say by that, they were 100% hispanic. At that rate I say forget the jobs. I know it is supposed to be a great thing to get money to do things but WHO IS BENEFITING FROM THE STIMULUS AND THE EMPLOYMENT?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Just who do you think will get those 341,500 jobs? Have you ever looked at who is doing all the street repair and upgrades using the stimulus funds? I have and so far I have seen maybe a couple of white and NOT ONE black person. You can say by that, they were 100% hispanic. At that rate I say forget the jobs. I know it is supposed to be a great thing to get money to do things but WHO IS BENEFITING FROM THE STIMULUS AND THE EMPLOYMENT?
I would go so far as to say the existence of those jobs is precisely to keep those hispanics employed. Once they are forced out of the country, the jobs will dry up. They were not created to keep citizens employed.

The really disturbing part about it is where the money is coming from to employ these people. It's not government money where employment is concerned. It is private individuals paying out of their own pockets and they have to be getting it from somewhere too.