Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 AM
SOS Associate

Default Governor Urges Support For Human Trafficking Victims

My opinion of this is, that because amnesty may not happen in its' most fulfilling dream of open borders zealots, there will be an underhanded approach to amnestizing as many as possible by hook or by crook. Keeping the borders open and letting the traffickers continue their craft, but legalizing the "victims" will be one of the "crooks"

Governor proclaims Human Trafficking awareness day

Quote:
January 11, 2010, as “Human Trafficking Awareness Day.”PROCLAMATIONby theGovernor of the State of California
Human trafficking is modern-day slavery. Victims are held against their will and are subjected to sexual exploitation, forced labor and a host of other deprivations of freedom and dignity. This is a most terrible crime, and it’s happening right now in countries across the world, including the United States.

While victims are of every age, race, gender and nationality, the majority are women and children. Most victims have been abused, threatened and restrained to a point of being powerless to free themselves. Our own vigilance is crucial to rescuing those held captive.

Along with many Californians, Maria and I strongly believe in the fight to end human trafficking and together have worked hard to raise awareness of ways we can stop it. Since coming into office, I have signed numerous bills that have increased not only the punishments for those convicted of trafficking, but also the support offered to the victims of this heinous crime.

Maria and I commend law enforcement agencies and governments at the federal, state, local and tribal levels for their work to aid victims and stop traffickers. We also thank other dedicated individuals and organizations for their actions in this important endeavor. Each one of us here in the Golden State should be aware of this crime and contact law enforcement if we suspect someone is being held against their will.

Human trafficking goes against basic human rights and everything our country stands for. May each of us work harder to fight this evil and do everything in our power to return freedom and futures to the victims.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim January 11, 2010, as “Human Trafficking Awareness Day.”

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 8th day of January 2010.

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
Governor of California

ATTEST:

DEBRA BOWEN
Secretary of State
Old 01-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Once again, our immigrant governor has proven himself unworthy to the task of confronting the aggressive and contemptuous criminal conspiracy against US citizenship commited by illegal immigrants and their enablers. In this case the enabler is the governor himself.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:22 PM

We have enough days that are supposed to do some "awareness" thing, I think after about thirty or forty of those "feel good" days, it gets old. Doesn't even appeal to "any excuse for a party" mentality.

However, I believe Schwartzenegger is being sincere. His sincerity will probably be subject to exploitation in some fashion, but this doesn't strike me as evidence that Arnie is part of a dark conspiracy to legitimize illegality of those who were duped on the conditions of their transport.

Anywhere you see massage parlors which are open from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm, chances are, legal or not, the women within are sex slaves for rent.

Schwartzenegger doesn't have the power to wave a magic wand to give "victims" a pass on deportation - and the federal government is already doing just that.

Quote:
because amnesty may not happen in its' most fulfilling dream of open borders zealots, there will be an underhanded approach to amnestizing as many as possible by hook or by crook. Keeping the borders open and letting the traffickers continue their craft, but legalizing the "victims" will be one of the "crooks"
I do agree that this mentality is out there, and it's going to get big, but I don't believe Arnie is a part of it by virtue of his proclamation.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-12-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM

What's human trafficking?

When people are kidnapped off streets and out of their homes and schools to be sold into slavery, THAT is unlawful human trafficking.

When someone chooses to pay someone to smuggle them into the country and they find that they have paid someone instead to sell them into slavery they have merely made a bad bargain based on their own unlawful behavior.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post

When people are kidnapped off streets and out of their homes and schools to be sold into slavery, THAT is unlawful human trafficking.

When someone chooses to pay someone to smuggle them into the country and they find that they have paid someone instead to sell them into slavery they have merely made a bad bargain based on their own unlawful behavior.
Well said.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post

Yup.

Then there's the "victim' Who infact is actually paying-back the Smuggler/Coyote for Their entrance into this country....and You better believe They'll claim to be "Slaves', or whatever sounds apropriate to the media, when caught.
CB.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Bunny View Post
Yup.

Then there's the "victim' Who infact is actually paying-back the Smuggler/Coyote for Their entrance into this country....and You better believe They'll claim to be "Slaves', or whatever sounds apropriate to the media, when caught.
CB.
You hear people talking about all the money illegals (and legals) send back to their "families" in their country of origin. I suspect it more likely goes into the pockets of the gangsters who got them here. And yeah, criminal organizations can get people into the country legally too. Probably just costs a little more.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM

It's unlawful human trafficking whether or not the transportee is duped, assaulted, forced into any sort of slavery, or has a successful venture.

The Korean, Chinese, Mexican or any other women in those massage parlors Are sex slaves.

In the 70's, I considered going to Saudi Arabia to make a bundle of money in the construction going on at that time. A couple of relatives who had already spent considerable time in the Arab oil producing nations, including Saudi Arabia, warned me to not take my blue eyed, blond haired then wife, because she would disappear either into some sheik's personal collection of foreign women or a whorehouse selling sex to wealthy Arabs. And I would never see her again.

Their words they used to describe the situation was "white slavery".

Does it make it any more right, regardless of their personal crime of entering our nation without benefit of permission, to approve of women being likewise exploited in our nation? What does it make us to gloat, saying they deserved everything they get?

The glee over their misfortune is akin to the glee by some over rape trees. Rape is a act of domination and humiliation. Is that something we should wish on others?

They don't send money home to their families, as they might have done if they had actually gotten that cush job they were promised as bait. To the contrary, if the woman runs away, harm comes to their family back home. There is no money sent home: it funds criminal empires.

If our government would enforce our immigration laws, including the provisions concerning employers, these things would be much less commonplace.

Those women need to be sent home to their families, and their exploiters brought to severe justice.

http://saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=824

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-14-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Survivor's tale of sexual captivity grips crowd

Quote:
January 11, 2010

By PAUL LAROCCO
The Press-Enterprise

Maria Suarez has replayed her story over and over again to others.

About being enslaved to a witch doctor nearly 50 years older, and repeatedly raped inside his Azusa home from 1976 to 1981. About the day she learned a neighbor had clubbed her captor to death with a table leg.

But many gathered Monday to hear her speak on National Day of Human Trafficking hadn't heard Suarez's full ordeal -- and audibly gasped when she mentioned that she spent 22 years in prison for hiding the murder weapon.

"I have not wasted a minute of my life," the now-49-year-old Suarez told more than 100 attendees inside San Bernardino's Inland Regional Training Center, referring to the time since her 2004 release. "I don't think anything can stop me."

Suarez was the keynote speaker at an event organized by San Bernardino County's Coalition Against Sexual Exploitation. Since forming last March, the unit has sought to shift the view of child prostitutes from criminals to victims.

"This is truly a non-traditional role for prosecutors," said Chief Deputy District Attorney Karen Bell, whose department leads the coalition. "Our focus is on prevention and education, as well as suppression."

The problem of children, primarily runaways, being forced into providing sex for sale is heightened in San Bernardino County's west end of Ontario and Montclair, where juvenile prostitution arrests have increased more than five-fold over the last 11 years.

Prosecutors have joined with local police departments, probation officers, public defenders and social service providers to brainstorm ways top provide more options for young victims and push for stronger punishments for pimps.

District Attorney Mike Ramos said he'd like to one day see a safe house specifically for minors forced into the sex trade.

"It's us that need to be there," Ramos said. "So they can fall into our arms and not the arms of a pimp."

Suarez, who lives in Rialto, provided an emotionally charged example of how vulnerable people are targeted.

Not two weeks after Suarez and her family legally settled in the Los Angeles County community of Sierra Madre from Mexico, she was offered a job she believed to be cleaning and answering phones. It turned out she was sold for $200 to a 62-year-old man who practiced witchcraft.

A day into her captivity, she was stripped naked and made to beg for her clothes before being knocked out and raped. It began five years of abuse, she told the audience.

"Where could I go or what could I do?" Suarez recounted, noting the man's threats to kill her family. "Nothing."

In 1981, a neighbor killed the man, and because Suarez admitted to cleaning and hiding the table leg used, she was sentenced to 25 years to life. She was ultimately paroled in 2003, but spent another year in custody fighting deportation.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-15-2010 at 10:24 PM.