Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM
SOS Associate

Default Zimmerman "Not Guilty". The Jury Has Rendered This Verdict

I personally have not had that much interest in the zimmerman case, mainly because it's so far from California, and we have so many problems right here to attend to. But...the rest of the country is fascinated, so I guess I'd better form an opinion so I won't look like an idiot in a crowd.
My current opinion is this:
He was tried by some very dedicated and focused prosecutors. He didn't seem to have a lenient judge. His jury consisted of women, and women are generally sympathetic to mothers losing their kids.
In the end, all those factors against him, or at least not favoring him, the decision was that he wasn't guilty of the crime he was charged with, nor was he guilty of a lesser charge not initially charged. So he's a citizen once again, albeit an infamous or famous one depending on your attachment to this case.

We could debate the merits of his intent and motives and end up with reservations about his overall character, but not many of us are above reproach. Many of us have to some degree, stepped into his shoes during our events at home depots and day labor centers. We "followed" and reported illegal activity. It could have been any one of us had we been armed at the time. Most of us weren't, but not all. In my discussions with liberal minded family members this evening, that factor is a big character reference: Armed, could have walked away, and a wannabe cop (not my words, but generally theirs). Based upon that mindset, many of us would end up in stripes if one of those tussels with illegals and their supporters had gone badly, and we performed a self-defense move. A little frightening to say the least. Not the actual fight per se, but the thought of how liberals decide guilt. I guess we all would be seen as aggressors because we had the option of staying home instead of protesting

This might give me cause to re-examine my (our) future actions, but certainly not curtail them.