Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 PM

Default Authorities raid Sizzler restaurants in Phoenix. Up to 23 new jobs for Americans

Authorities raid Sizzler restaurants in Phoenix

Jun 12, 10:45 PM (ET)

PHOENIX (AP) - Sheriff's deputies raided two Sizzler steak house restaurants in Phoenix on Saturday, arresting nine employees who are suspected of being illegal immigrants and using fraudulent documents to get jobs.

The raids were part of a yearlong investigation into whether the operators of the two Sizzler locations broke a civil law by knowingly hiring illegal immigrants, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Lt. Brian Lee said in a statement.

Deputies were looking for 23 suspects wanted for identity theft, Lee said. Authorities believe one of the suspects was deported three times and has been hired back by Sizzler each time he returned.

The sheriff's office received a tip from a former Sizzler manager who claimed he had been fired for his refusal to hire employees without the proper documents, Lee said.

"This is another example of a case where desperately needed jobs are being occupied by illegal aliens who have disregarded our laws and our borders," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in the statement.

Arpaio, known for pushing the bounds for how local law enforcement agencies can confront illegal immigration, frequently raids workplaces in the greater Phoenix area for people in the U.S. illegally.

A message left at one of the two restaurants wasn't immediately returned Saturday afternoon. A manager at the other restaurant declined to provide his name and publicly comment on the raid.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:22 PM

This story has been around a couple days ,

One has to wonder , this was just 2 sizzlers , Just 2 ............................

How many other businesses are using ILLEGALS instead of legal Americans?

There has been stories last week about our teenagers and entry level workers not being able to find work ............. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because illegals are getting all that work

Just FYI

If an illegal shows up at sizzlers with a FAKE ID , What exactly is management suppose to do ? (They are not mandated to use e-verify) They have to take the id at face value , If they question it , they are open to huge discrimanation lawsuits.

Just as another FYI , most of the fast food jobs are anchor babies so they are legal (well,,, not really)

Just another FYI , I love Taco Bell and the one I go to has a plaque right at the cash register that THEY USE E-VERIFY , It shows ... while there are some hispanics there are also Whites and Blacks in equal numbers , Jack in the Box here has no such deal and they are 100% hispanic period.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:03 PM

The Jack in the Box near where I work in Austin,TX has a big E-Verify sticker on the front door. It's only been there for a year or two.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM

I am assuming its a choice of the individual franchise owner
Old 06-13-2010, 08:22 PM

Speaking of fast food places. The morning I left for Phoenix I stopped at the Carls Jr. here in Fillmore at 5am to get some breakfast. Well wouldn't you know it the female who took my order (speaking very broken English, she was Mexican) stole my credit card number and charged $755 for a trip to Disneyland. She made a big mistake because I haven't used that card in months and I only used it twice, but the other time I used it the card never left my hands. When I went to pay that morning at the drive through at Carls Jr. she told me the card scanner on the outside that the drivers use wasn't working and said I would need to hand her the card to use at another register inside. She then walked to the farthest register and took way too long to charge my purchase. So I know exactly who stole my number. I'm waiting for the fraud division to contact me. I won't be charged the $755, but I sure want them to get that piece of crap. She probably sold the number to someone else. But it isn't that often that the theft can be narrowed down to one person.