Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Larry Elder Talks About The Illegal Immigr. Crisis ...

...During The Obama Administration.

The first year and a half of Obama's presidency has caused one of my favorite radio personalities to rethink his immigration views ... either that or his ratings from the last quarter of '08.

It doesn't matter to me which, however. I'm just happy to hear it.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0htcxGRtY08

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 10-05-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 AM

Good for the Sage. However, he errs in beating BHO with this issue. This issue has just as many Republican fingerprints on it as it does Demoncraps. His "coming to Jesus" moment, however, is refreshing.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:10 AM

Most "conservative" talk radio hots were pro-immigration until their audiences took them in the other direction. The remaining hold outs who defend the rights of third world invaders to take our country from us include Michael Medved and Hugh Hewitt who continue to trash American nationalists as fanatics, bigots and zenophobes.

It's nice that Elder finally got right on this issue. I once called in and tried to ask this question: "When illegal aliens replace your English speaking audience and your station goes Spanish language, where will you broadcast then? "

I was cut off after I got it out and they used the time delay to keep it from the listening audience. I also emailed this question to him several times and he never responded. Elder was a coward and a fraud then. Hopefully he's learned his lesson and figured out who's side he's on.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
"SZinWestLA"

I've always liked Larry Elder. He was the reason I ever tuned into talk radio in the first place. I'd never heard of the guy until the mid-90's when he was the subject of a 60 Minutes segment.

Like most people who capture my attention, his ability to reason and construct arguments was what drew me in. I didn't agree with every last thing he said but I could appreciate his intellect. He's always been a relentless critical thinker.

However, I also think he's "market savvy" or a businessman. He changed his political affiliation and the entire tone of his show when he went syndicated nationwide for a couple years. He sort of morphed from the libertarian logician to a Republican/Bush Administration apologist. At that point, I stopped tuning into his broadcasts. They just didn't interest me anymore.

I certainly understood his position on illegal immigration, which included handing out an amnesty, but (obviously) I never agreed with it. That's not why he lost me as a listener a few years back.

Nonetheless, what he now espouses (for whatever reason) is far closer to my own view. I disagree with two things he says, however, that are included on my video -

1. I agree that a guest worker program is OK, so long as it is genuinely temporary. However, I would not extend guest worker participation/eligibility to the people who are here illegally. Those folks can be given no accommodation of any type. You have to make a very public example out of them by showing the world that violating our immigr. and empl. laws has serious consequences.

2. I don't believe we need to "amend" the 14th Amendment. I think there's a good chance that a majority of the Supreme Court will rule that that amendment was never intended to apply to the offspring of people in our country unlawfully. Put a case in front of the Court first and see what happens.