Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Communities in Crisis

Communities in Crisis California cities, towns, and counties suffering under corruption, crime, foreign influence or economic loss

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-16-2010, 04:15 PM

Default LUSH Store in AZ to protest SB 1070 - Please contact

Email form at bottom of page: http://www.lushusa.com/customers/contact-us/

Phone:
Need help fast? Please call Customer Care at:

-----------------------

Here is the store in Arizona's website advertising the rally:

RE: http://www.lush.com/lushlife/new/sb1070spec.htm

LUSH Scottsdale Protests SB 1070

WHEN: Monday, May 17, 2010 , 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM

WHERE: LUSH Scottsdale | 7014 E. Camelback Rd. #1020 | 480.946.5874

On Friday, April 23rd, Arizona Governor, Jan Brewer signed SB 1070 into effect, which has caused an international outpouring of responses. SB 1070 allows Arizona police officers to stop, interrogate, and detain anyone who appears to be an illegal immigrant. This has essentially legalized racial profiling and is an affront on our civil rights. LUSH wants The State of Arizona to clean up its act, stop SB 1070, and protect the human rights of all people. Scottsdale is the site of our May 2010 Managers Meetings. While many businesses are boycotting Arizona, LUSH was unable to change the location of our meeting. Instead, we are planning a rally to send the message to State of Arizona and nation that LUSH does not support SB 1070. We'll be sending a gigantic letter to the Governor and Obama expressing our opposition and celebrating LUSH as an international company for international customers (and run by international people). Support our campaign against SB 1070 and join us at the SE corner of Scottsdale Fashion Square on Monday, May 17th, between the hours of 2:30 and 6:00 pm, for our Clean Up Your Act, Arizona! rally. We'll be wearing shower caps and robes and shower curtain and bathtub sandwich boards, carrying protest placards, creating visual art and verbalizing key messages. We have signage, but please feel free to dress up, make signs, and express yourself in whatever way you choose. Please help us take a stand for human rights! For further information, please contact Roslyn Kagy at rally@lush.com.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:55 PM

Default My Email

Dear Ms. Kagy,

I have read your press release regarding your company's planned protest of Arizona's SB1070. In it your company states that this bill "has essentially legalized racial profiling and is an affront on our civil rights." Evidently, you and your company has taken a page from U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder's playbook and criticized a bill that you have not read. I have, and nowhere in this bill and it subsequent amendment (HB 2162) is there a provision for racial profiling. In fact, racial profiling is expressly forbidden. The only time an Arizona law enforcement officer can inquire of anyone's immigration status is only after detaining a suspect for a previous infraction and/or crime. This procedure incidentally, is on the books in a number of states, including California.

Secondly, you state that Arizona should "protect the human rights of all people." While its admirable to see that your company cares about human rights, I have to wonder if this concern is really for U.S. citizens or foreign nationals illegally residing and employed in this country. Further, how about the human rights of the Arizona rancher that was murdered on his own property by illegal aliens? How about the human rights of the three Phoenix police officers shot since 1999? How about the human rights of the victims of all the violent crimes being committed by illegal aliens? How about the human rights of the the victims in North America's kidnapping capital? How about the human rights of the victims of the human smuggling trade that has Phoenix as one of its chief centers? While it is admirable that your company is concerned about human rights, the question that looms large is just whose human rights are you more concerned about, law abiding American citizens, or foreign nationals illegally residing and/or employed in this country?

Third, why would a retail company take such a public stand against a law that has the support of seven in ten Arizonans? Further, why would you take such a stand when recent polls show that 58% of Americans, of all political persuasions, support this law? What sort of business is that? Why would any business take a stand that could alienate 70% of its potential customer base? Are you in business to make a profit, or to make wildly unpopular political statements? I really have to wonder if your corporate leadership has any idea as to why they are in business.

Lastly, I can tell you that as a Californians, my wife and I will never shop at any of your California stores again. Further, I will ask all my friends to stop patronizing your shops. You see, Americans have grown tired of being made second-class citizens in their own country to ungrateful people that parade in the streets demanding amnesty while waving the flags of their home countries. They have grown tired of being told that there are certain days in which they cannot display their patriotic feelings. They have grown tired of footing the ill for all that ills Mexico, El Salvador and Guatemala. I suggest that your company rethink this misguided attempt at politics before real economic damage is done to your company.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Dear Ms. Kagy,

I have read your press release regarding your company's planned protest of Arizona's SB1070. In it your company states that this bill "has essentially legalized racial profiling and is an affront on our civil rights." Evidently, you and your company has taken a page from U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder's playbook and criticized a bill that you have not read. I have, and nowhere in this bill and it subsequent amendment (HB 2162) is there a provision for racial profiling. In fact, racial profiling is expressly forbidden. The only time an Arizona law enforcement officer can inquire of anyone's immigration status is only after detaining a suspect for a previous infraction and/or crime. This procedure incidentally, is on the books in a number of states, including California.

Secondly, you state that Arizona should "protect the human rights of all people." While its admirable to see that your company cares about human rights, I have to wonder if this concern is really for U.S. citizens or foreign nationals illegally residing and employed in this country. Further, how about the human rights of the Arizona rancher that was murdered on his own property by illegal aliens? How about the human rights of the three Phoenix police officers shot since 1999? How about the human rights of the victims of all the violent crimes being committed by illegal aliens? How about the human rights of the the victims in North America's kidnapping capital? How about the human rights of the victims of the human smuggling trade that has Phoenix as one of its chief centers? While it is admirable that your company is concerned about human rights, the question that looms large is just whose human rights are you more concerned about, law abiding American citizens, or foreign nationals illegally residing and/or employed in this country?

Third, why would a retail company take such a public stand against a law that has the support of seven in ten Arizonans? Further, why would you take such a stand when recent polls show that 58% of Americans, of all political persuasions, support this law? What sort of business is that? Why would any business take a stand that could alienate 70% of its potential customer base? Are you in business to make a profit, or to make wildly unpopular political statements? I really have to wonder if your corporate leadership has any idea as to why they are in business.

Lastly, I can tell you that as a Californians, my wife and I will never shop at any of your California stores again. Further, I will ask all my friends to stop patronizing your shops. You see, Americans have grown tired of being made second-class citizens in their own country to ungrateful people that parade in the streets demanding amnesty while waving the flags of their home countries. They have grown tired of being told that there are certain days in which they cannot display their patriotic feelings. They have grown tired of footing the ill for all that ills Mexico, El Salvador and Guatemala. I suggest that your company rethink this misguided attempt at politics before real economic damage is done to your company.
Beautifully written Pocho. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:50 AM

Yes, THANK YOU Pocho. I did not realize just how well you can express your self.

I have wanted to get an AZ flag from a ligit store in AZ but I have not done so because I am fearful that the one I locate will be the same as this store.
I guess my only solution is to purchase one from a local woman that I at least know is US citizen.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 PM

As of 4:21 PM Monday, May 17, 2010, I have not received a reply. Not that I expected one.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Yes, THANK YOU Pocho. I did not realize just how well you can express your self.
I'm not as dumb as I look.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
i'm not as dumb as i look.
i did not say that! :d