Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Many people object to Arizona's new proposed laws

Two of those individuals are Congressmen Grijalva and Gutierrez. They are requesting that our President intervene before Governor Brewer has a chance to sign the Arizona immigration bill into law. They also want Mr. Obama to spearhead a new push for "comprehensive immigration reform."

There is an article about this on The Hill website. Comments from readers appear below the article. Most are critical of the congressmen, our president and supportive of Arizona's legislative actions. Some, however, are not. Here are some of those:

Unless the Governor finds the courage to stand up to the white, racist, ultra-right wing, Republican extremists, we'll need to post a big sign at the entrance to our state borders. "Welcome to the Nazi State of Arizona." If your a person of color, other than "Lilly" white, turn around and leave!
BY JIMMYFROMARIZONA

Props to Guiterrez and Grijalva for standing up for what is right for the country. The American people that know what is best for this country know we need immigration reform. A mass deportation would result in an economic crash like no other. The worst argument I have heard against this bill is that they would take Americans jobs. THAT IS SO STUPID! They still would not be qualified. The reform is the right thing to do. Let's just get this thing passed!…By the way I am a 31/white male!
BY CHRISTIAN IN AUSTIN

this 's AMERICA, all humans with the AMERICAN DREAMS ARE WELCOME , THIS 'S AN EMIGRANT COUNTRY FROM ALL OVER THIS PLANET ,WE ARE PART OF THIS NATION ,
BY EDILBERTO GARCIA

Do your research and check the real numbers. For every 1 person against reform, there are 3 that want or need it. We keep taking advantages of latinos. You could pay 200 dollars for a guy to paint a fence but Americans take advantage and make a latino paint for 50 dollars. We need latinos because they do the jobs no one else does.
BY JEANETTE

I've seen many immigrants that really work hard and struggle because of their status, it will be nice if obama pushes this immigration reform. Most americans support it' except for some RACIST people that dont! We need to face this' the reality is that they are already here and even though illegally they still contribute to the economy. Let's face it' The USA is a country that has always been a nation of immigrants. History prooves it.
BY LISA

This is blatant racial profiling. Sheriff Arpaio has to go.
BY BELLA

it just wrong cuz mexicans should be here
BY J

ALL YOU PEOPLE AGAINST IMMIGRATION REFORM ARE VERY IGNORANT. YOUR HEARTS ARE FILLED WITH SO MUCH HATRED FOR MEXICANS THAT YOUR EYES ARE BLOCKED UP YOU CANT SEE THE REAL BENEFITS. Immigration reform will actually improve the economy of this country better than bailouts.Its not amnesty!! All they want to do is seal the borders FOOL-PROOF and those who are here illegally and can pass background checks, pay $5,000 fine, do community service, get highschool GED given a legal status. Not citizenship. I dont think they care about citizenship anyways, they just dont want to be arrested all the time. Some of them (those who should get legalized) are very decent hardworking, taxpaying, people. Grant them legal status and they will go out and buy trucks and houses and spur the economy. STOP BEING USELESS IGNORANT PEOPLE. DEPORTING ALL ILLEGALS WILL BE THE WORST MISTAKE SINCE IRAQ. AND NOT REFORMING IMMIGRATION THIS YEAR WILL ALSO BE A BAD MISTAKE FOR CONGRESS OBAMA. EVEN JOHN McCAIN KNOWS THAT.
BY JOHN EVANS

Let's face it — the Arizona bill is designed to satisfy the sadism of the inner racist. Real studies (not the fake ones alluded to by the racists themselves) show that immigration actually boosts economies by $Billions (with a B) each year. Arizona might find out someday what it's like to not have any immigrants, but they would find out the hard way… right up the kazoo.
BY REMO

Mr. Gutierrez,Thank you for being so passionate and understandable on an issue that would affect the whole country. I am pro-reform because we have abroken system. We can no longer continue to separate 1,100 families a day. We can not enforce a broken system because there are many injustices being made, and everyone else here that is saying no to amnesty. Do not worry because the Schummer-Graham bill or the CIR ASAP bill introduced in the house do not provide amnesty. If you have to accept a penalty and fine go to the back of the line to become a us citizen I don't see how that would provide the "amnesty" everyone loves to criticize about.Think about it what are our options. 1)_ Do nothing maintain the status quo?- This would mean having unsecured borders and many of the basic rights of people being violated.2) Deport everyone here undocumented? - Who is paying to get rid of 12-20 million people huh? Taxpayers with the economy like it is im sure dont want to. This just talking about the cause not even explaining how inhumane and unjust it would be. 3) Comprehensive Immigration Reform-look at the CIR ASAP house bill or the schummer-graham bipartisan senate outline!!! -Now this are real solutions.I say cut the hate and lets sit down and talk with the FACTS bc u are entittled into your own opinion but now your own facts!
BY JOSE VERA

President Obama we NEED YOUR HELP! Arizona is now controlled by fringe racist lunatics who are attacking the most vulnerable through budget policies and punitive laws! Kids education, kids healthcare, immigrants, the elderly, the mentally ill, and the working poor are all victims of these hooligans at the state legislature! We need feds help and fast!
BY AZ RESIDENT

So AZ is the first of the United States' states to become an Apartheid? What a trend for a democracy!
BY CHATA

I'm so tired of hearing people say "send them back." This is not a realistic option and will end up costing the tax payers a lot of money. What we need is comprehensive immigration reform, where illegals pay back taxes and are in turn, put on a path towards citizenship. This will generate money for our country and rise wages for low wage work because there will no longer be a group of people willing to work for depressed "under the table" wages. Stop with the racist comments and let's work together for a win-win situation!
BY ABOUT TIME
Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 PM

Sorry I could not read all the comments. All those for amnesty repeat the same old garbage we are used to hearing. I do hope Brewer signs the bill or lets it just become law.
Like they say, don't feed the stray animals or they will never leave. It is true, if I leave any kind of food on the patio, guess what, next night I have stray animals.
I do not wish for the legal citizens to have problems but I have to carry id all the time. If I am stopped by police while driving I better have ID. I need ID even if I am not driving so I can be idenfied in case of an accident, and need an emergency contact. People seem to forget that every one should have identification at all times for our own protection.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 AM

Meg Whitman also opposed AZ.

That pretty much makes up my mind as to who to vote for.

Sorry Meg, ya just lost my vote. You are more interested in leftist BS and getting the valuable latino vote.

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—Meg Whitman, the Republican front-runner in the California gubernatorial primary, said Tuesday that Arizona is taking the wrong approach to illegal immigration with its tough new law.

The former eBay chief executive said there are more effective approaches than requiring law enforcement officers to question people about their status if they suspect they are in the country illegally.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

To begin with, she couldn't be bothered to read the law itself. She just swallowed what La Raza told her.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Dennis Prager says this is not the "right time" to raise the illegal immigration issue. For these RINO Republicans it's never the right time to defend America's right to exist.

Limbaugh said that Brewer's poll numbers went up after signing the AZ law.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Exclamation

Meg would employee illegals so she could make more money, if she could get a way with it... in fact I bet there are thousands on eBay right now scheming ways to make money while illegal.. I hope people see through here smoke and mirrors..

Thinking,, if Illegal Immigration Enforcement was on eBay, how high would the bidding go.. (that exactly what happened in Arizona,, the votes were like bidding on eBay, and it sold and won,, (passed..). So, if this was on eBay, Meg would have pulled the auction stating some bogus rule..