Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-05-2011, 11:04 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default No Latino Votes w/o Amnesty?

The assertion is a simple one. If Republicans don't change their stance on immigration to one that is more "inclusive" and "humane," they'll never get Hispanics to vote for them.

http://derailamnestydotcom.blogspot....e-legions.html
Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
The assertion is a simple one. If Republicans don't change their stance on immigration to one that is more "inclusive" and "humane," they'll never get Hispanics to vote for them.

http://derailamnestydotcom.blogspot....e-legions.html
If I had to guess, that assertion was concocted by RINO's
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM

Great article! Right on and well said too. One of your best that I've read.

I tried to post a comment and the thing is still broken, or something.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:55 AM

Default You don't Speak for Me.

"You Don't Speak for Me!" is a Hispanic-American coalition organized by Dan Stein, president of the "anti-illegal immigration" [1] Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)[1]; Stein's name does not appear on the group's website.[2]

FAIR president Dan Stein wrote in his May 1, 2006, The Dan Stein Report:

"You Don't Speak for Me!" formed "when Col. Al Rodríguez [2] became fed up watching media coverage of the mass protests of April. 'Their leaders were saying it was a march for immigrant rights and a Latino/Hispanic movement,' says Rodriguez. 'I thought to myself, Hey, those are illegal aliens, not immigrants! Col. Rodriguez began speaking out to others saying, 'I'm of Hispanic ancestry and those people are acting like they speak for me. Well, you don't speak for me!'"
Spokesman Peter K. Nunez, former Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and a former U.S. Attorney for San Diego, told The Post Chronicle on April 30, 2006:

"In fact, millions of Hispanic-Americans -- including many who have gone through the immigration process the right way -- are offended by the demands being made by people who have broken our nation's laws. We are even more offended that the views of Hispanic citizens are not being accurately portrayed, ...

"The 'You Don't Speak for Me' coalition supports the strengthening and enforcement of U.S. immigration laws, including manpower and barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border, denial of non-emergency benefits and services to people who are in the country illegally, and vigorous enforcement against businesses that hire illegal aliens.

"Hispanic-Americans are often the people who are harmed the most by our government's failure to enforce our immigration laws, ... More often than not, it's our jobs, our social services, and the education of our children that are most adversely
affected by illegal immigration. A massive illegal alien amnesty, with millions more relatives being allowed to enter the country, followed by what will likely be an even greater wave of illegal immigration will de devastating to the country and particularly to Hispanic citizens."

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...eak_for_Me!%22

Contents [hide]

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-07-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
"You Don't Speak for Me!" is a Hispanic-American coalition organized by Dan Stein, president of the "anti-illegal immigration" [1] Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)[1]; Stein's name does not appear on the group's website.[2]
Good info, I did not know that Stein had any thing to do with the org. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
FAIR president Dan Stein wrote in his May 1, 2006, The Dan Stein Report:

"You Don't Speak for Me!" formed "when Col. Al Rodríguez [2] became fed up watching media coverage of the mass protests of April. 'Their leaders were saying it was a march for immigrant rights and a Latino/Hispanic movement,' says Rodriguez. 'I thought to myself, Hey, those are illegal aliens, not immigrants! Col. Rodriguez began speaking out to others saying, 'I'm of Hispanic ancestry and those people are acting like they speak for me. Well, you don't speak for me!'"
Spokesman Peter K. Nunez, former Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and a former U.S. Attorney for San Diego, told The Post Chronicle on April 30, 2006:

"In fact, millions of Hispanic-Americans -- including many who have gone through the immigration process the right way -- are offended by the demands being made by people who have broken our nation's laws. We are even more offended that the views of Hispanic citizens are not being accurately portrayed, ...
There would be a lot more of this if it weren't for the drumbeat of "the white man is out to get you" and whites who unwittingly provide the "proof" of that allegation.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.