Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-27-2010, 06:46 AM
SOS Associate

Default Fiorna Panders In Sacramento

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/06/27/285...na-latino.html

Quote:
In a bid to reach out to Latino voters, Republican U.S. Senate candidate Carly Fiorina campaigned in Sacramento on Saturday with former Bush administration Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez, a well-known advocate of creating a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/06/27/285...#ixzz0s40k6sgv
Honest to god, I knew nothing about Fiorna's visit yesterday. And...I was downtown on the prowl for related things. I ran across 6 thousand Latinos at the convention center for a Jehova's Witness convention. I saw US soccer fans watching a match and waving the red, white, and blue. I even saw the state capitol, dead and empty. But I saw zero related to one of the biggest races for California politics in November. You know why? Because they wanted to keep the thing quiet. That's how politics are played when there is an invasion of your country, and the hopeful electees are aware of the growing invading forces, but are so beholden to the forces that plant them there that they won't say anything negative about them to the ones being invaded.
This Griselda's restaurant is a person who earns awards from places like the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and recently held an event at the state capitol dishing out free mexican food.
What kind of candidate organizes an event to garner votes for a huge office that represents millions of people, but only advertises it to a small select crowd of hand-picked hopefuls? A liar, a back-stabber, a turncoat type person who will consort with your enemies and make back room deals with conspirators. That's the kind of candidate she is, and she gets in line with the company of fraudulent republicans the likes of Meg, Bush, McCain, etc.
We simply cannot let them get away with this. They are pretenders
Old 06-27-2010, 11:09 AM

I have stayed out of commenting about our candidates for this very reason. I have had bad feelings about Carley and Meg from the very beginning. Their true colors are beginning to come out now.
Even John McCain is trying to sound like he is not for amnesty.

The thing they are ALL about is winning. I consider this to be the most important election I have ever tried to pick the best person to vote for.

I will do my best.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 AM

When deciding among candidates no one is telling the truth. Just decide which group is being lied to the most.

Getting elected is all about getting votes. Everybody's vote. Anybody's vote. No one is going to get elected to a major office by assuming the mantle of any one constituency. The higher the office the appeal must be to more groups. Some, some small spliter groups are so extreme they can be safely ignored. That's about all, a couple hundred thousand people at most.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:49 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Fiorina vs. Boxer? This is one exception I'll make to my policy of not voting for the lesser of two evils. I wouldn't cast my ballot for McCain and I won't for Whitman, but I'd check the box for a member of Al Qaeda or the American Nazi Party if I thought he stood a reasonable chance of defeating Babs.

How could anyone possibly not be an improvement over the incumbent? Go ahead, name the contestants ... Chelene Nightingale, Carlos Alvarez, Maxine Waters ...