Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Actually you're wrong about that, DA. I took my signature directly from his statement on the web site where he discusses illegal immigration.
Where can we find out more about this guy? Did he attend private or public school before university?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Where can we find out more about this guy? Did he attend private or public school before university?
This is directly from his web site:

"Tom has a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Chicago. His faculty advisor was Milton Friedman. Prior to that, Tom had obtained his B.A. and M.A. degrees in economics from the University of Chicago, on the same day in 1973. He then entered Harvard Law School where he served on the Harvard Law Review Board of Editors. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law in 1976. After law school, Tom served as law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Byron White. Thereafter, Tom returned to the University of Chicago for his economics doctorate, received in 1980. His free market economics training cemented a life-long commitment to limited government and greater individual liberty."

Another really good thing about Campbell is if you subscribe to his e-mail alerts he'll notify you when he has a "telephone town hall meeting" and you can participate just by signing up ahead of time and entering your login code on the phone just before the call. I've talked to him on one of these and was extremely impressed with his intelligence and knowledge of the issues. His callers also ask really intelligent questions.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 12-22-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:42 PM

I'd still like to know where he attended school before university, was it public or private. A simple and intelligent question, if you ask me. What kind of community does he come from? There is very little information about him, really, for somebody who wants to become governor of California.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
I'd still like to know where he attended school before university, was it public or private. A simple and intelligent question, if you ask me. What kind of community does he come from? There is very little information about him, really, for somebody who wants to become governor of California.
Why are those things important? What is it you're really trying to find out?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 12-22-2009, 07:27 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Why are those things important? What is it you're really trying to find out?
Maybe he wants to make sure we don't have Obama's half brother ending up in the capitol.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Maybe he wants to make sure we don't have Obama's half brother ending up in the capitol.
I'd be rather surprised if the two of them turned out to be same person.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Good point. We still know more about the Obamination then we do about Campbell and apparently that isn't enough. You can't know too much about these people. Obama, for example attended several private schools before university. And a lot of people are not completely convinced he attended Columbia like he says he did.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Good point. We still know more about the Obamination then we do about Campbell and apparently that isn't enough. You can't know too much about these people. Obama, for example attended several private schools before university. And a lot of people are not completely convinced he attended Columbia like he says he did.
Twoller, what is the deal with the private schools? How many governors have we ever had the need to know what high schools and/or grade schools they attended?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!