Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 AM

Default Illegals and the Jobs They Are Taking

I read this on Craigslist, and thought I would share:

Quote:
What jobs are illegals taking from Americans??
To start off with:

Restaurant jobs like Macdonalds, Burger King...etc. Those jobs were intially before the illegal boom that came into the 90's were for high school students...it was much nicer to have high school students working there with a sense of humor unlike now where you have to tell your order to the clerk twice and very slowly so they understand that you want a 'big mac' without cheese....and still...after that....alot of times I still get the 'big mac' with cheese.

Construction: In the 80's, any American can walk onto a construction site and get a framers job for $15.00/ hour....now because of all the illegal workers....those same framer jobs go for $8/ hour.

Ice cream trucks: Remember in the 80's that ice cream trucks were driven by a high school guy who actually delivered ice cream that wasn't melted or out of date? I wasn't afraid to let my kids go up and get an ice cream because I knew they would be back safely with the right ice cream. Last time I went to an ice cream truck, the guy spoke no english and I had to point to which ice cream I wanted.

Cashiers for supermarkets, gas stations, & 7-11's and such: Before it was so pleasant to go to the grocery store and see your favorite cashier day after day and have a conversation with them while you were checking out...those jobs were usually set for women, college girls or guys trying to work through college. Now it is mostly Latinos who barely speak English. The last time I was at the grocery store, the cashier was hispanic and was having a conversation with her last checkout talking in spanish....she was already done with her order but she continued to stay there and chat, oblivious of me standing next in line waiting for my order to be checked out...I finally had to say something....and then everyone thought I was rude for doing so...fuck 'em.

Mechanics: Now most the car mechanics at local auto shops are hispanic and after picking up my car for an oil change....I could tell they went through the glove compartment....not to mention that they said I needed this and that for my car...because it was going "bad"....uh yeah sure dude.....the car is a 2008 BMW with 19k miles on it...Only reason I didn't go to the dealer is because I didn't want to drive across town and thought there was no way you can fuk up an oil change....but no.....my car does not need new brakes, new thermostat. or anything else for that matter.

Garbage trucks: Remember when garbage men were actually nice? When they accidentally spilled your garbage on the street while trying to dump your can....they would actually spend the time to pick it up....now all the garbage men are Latino....and every time I go to pick up the trash cans....I look down the street & everyone is picking up the trash they left while dumping the can.

Car painters: I took my daughters car in to get it painted and all the workers there were hispanic. After a week, I went to pick it up and not only did they leave some of the stripping tape on the windows....they missed a few spots around the lights, and fenders...I was like wtf?? $900 for this crap.....whatever happened to the white spray painters in the 80's I remember... that actually had pride for their work.

Mayor of Los Angeles: Remember when the Mayor actually cared for his fellow Americans?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 PM

Yes that's right. All of the above.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
"SZinWestLA"

My first job, at age 15, was working at McDonalds. I wouldn't be able to get it today, not where I live. I specifically recall stopping in for some lunch at a Chik Fil-A in Upland or Rialto a couple months ago. The reason it stuck in my memory was because the entire crew working there was composed of American teenagers. There wasn't an illegal or anchor baby in the bunch. When was the last time you saw that in Southern California outside of an In-N-Out?
Old 01-07-2010, 04:52 PM

I was ran off from two jobs in the last four years because I objected to the Mexican nationals on the crews doing work they had neither the training nor the pay to do the job they were doing.

Besides, in each instance I had flashbacks as to what had happened in housing construction in the eighties - that is exactly how the virtual wholesale displacement of American citizens in an entire California industry began.

The one in particular that I'm working with now - I don't dislike the man but there is a strain.

He's been in the US for twenty years, the last ten primarily with English speakers. He's just now getting around to the idea that he needs to have a far better working comprehension of English. The only reason he's had this job for so long with minimal English skills is because he's being protected from up the corporate ladder. Otherwise, he'd have been gone in the first week as a safety hazard.

I won't cater to his Mexican - ness. If he says something to me in Spanish I reply in English - he's got the other guys saying badly pronounced stuff like "como estas", "Gracias", and a load of other stuff.

There was twice he was screwing around buying tamales and champurrado from street vendors while I was getting my part ready, then instead of doing his stuff he started undoing and jerry rigging my part. I got loud, don't f**k off to begin with and then come over and screw with my part of it. Besides, if I had let him do it, the task would probably have failed and we'd have to redo everything, as well as look stupid.

Then, several times when I was off doing something else, he parked the truck and walked away from it to eat lunch out of sight without locking it, my tools were wide open to whomever wanted to take them - pissed me off every time.

Of course, he appointed himself as the "man in the middle" between myself and primarily Spanish speakers who knew enough English and needed to communicate with me personally. He was a part of Spanish speaking rude behavior, which I do not appreciate.

He's now generally working elsewhere on the job. I'm not sure if he thinks he's punishing me or merely trying to salve a wounded sense of masculinity.

I believe that if there were a bunch of fellow Mexican nationals on the job, they would work on setting me up to get me fired.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I believe that if there were a bunch of fellow Mexican nationals on the job, they would work on setting me up to get me fired.
You're probably correct with that assumtion.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Administrator

When I called Jean this afternoon, I was at a tire shop getting a replacement tire for one I split open yesterday. This little shop in Rio Linda was kiddee corner from another one that was flying two big mex flags, and one American flag. I told the owner the reason I came here was specifically that. He shook my hand and said something about why do they come here if they think mexico is so great.
So add tire shops to the list. 3 tire shops in one week for me, and only one owned or staffed by english speaking people.
Ah hell! the list is getting endless really: Roofers, landscapers...craigslist has numerous ads in the business section in spanish
Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
When I called Jean this afternoon, I was at a tire shop getting a replacement tire for one I split open yesterday. This little shop in Rio Linda was kiddee corner from another one that was flying two big mex flags, and one American flag. I told the owner the reason I came here was specifically that. He shook my hand and said something about why do they come here if they think mexico is so great.
So add tire shops to the list. 3 tire shops in one week for me, and only one owned or staffed by english speaking people.
Ah hell! the list is getting endless really: Roofers, landscapers...craigslist has numerous ads in the business section in spanish
I asked the aforementioned Mexican (from central Mexico) what did he like about America. his reply was that people who work in Mexico earn just enough money for the bare essentials - according to him cars and Tvs are unaffordable.

When I asked him what he didn't like about America, he smoothly changed the subject - didn't answer the question. Real slick with the evasion.

Most of what I have observed about him is that he is working very hard to preserve his Mexican - ness, I believe his past reluctance to learn English is a part of it. He doesn't appear to have much curiosity about anything which is not Mexican, unless it happens to be female.

I once took him to a Peruvian restaurant - he was at a loss as to what to order - nothing was familiar to him, and I believe he was a little uncomfortable with the unknown. He ordered exactly what I ordered. He also tore from his dinner roll like he would a tortilla. I half expected to see him try to push some of his food into the roll with the piece of bread like I've seen him do almost daily with tortillas.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-07-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:04 AM

Where there is an American flag, I go in. I also tell the people who work there the reason why.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I was ran off from two jobs in the last four years because I objected to the Mexican nationals on the crews doing work they had neither the training nor the pay to do the job they were doing.

Besides, in each instance I had flashbacks as to what had happened in housing construction in the eighties - that is exactly how the virtual wholesale displacement of American citizens in an entire California industry began.

The one in particular that I'm working with now - I don't dislike the man but there is a strain.

He's been in the US for twenty years, the last ten primarily with English speakers. He's just now getting around to the idea that he needs to have a far better working comprehension of English. The only reason he's had this job for so long with minimal English skills is because he's being protected from up the corporate ladder. Otherwise, he'd have been gone in the first week as a safety hazard.

I won't cater to his Mexican - ness. If he says something to me in Spanish I reply in English - he's got the other guys saying badly pronounced stuff like "como estas", "Gracias", and a load of other stuff.

There was twice he was screwing around buying tamales and champurrado from street vendors while I was getting my part ready, then instead of doing his stuff he started undoing and jerry rigging my part. I got loud, don't f**k off to begin with and then come over and screw with my part of it. Besides, if I had let him do it, the task would probably have failed and we'd have to redo everything, as well as look stupid.

Then, several times when I was off doing something else, he parked the truck and walked away from it to eat lunch out of sight without locking it, my tools were wide open to whomever wanted to take them - pissed me off every time.

Of course, he appointed himself as the "man in the middle" between myself and primarily Spanish speakers who knew enough English and needed to communicate with me personally. He was a part of Spanish speaking rude behavior, which I do not appreciate.

He's now generally working elsewhere on the job. I'm not sure if he thinks he's punishing me or merely trying to salve a wounded sense of masculinity.

That happened to one of my sons. I told him once if it was known who his boss was, they'd be turned into immigration. I also warned him he'd probably have his job taken, and guess what, it happened. It was in construction. He didn't speak Spanish! Although he is browner then some of those who worked there, they made up stuff and got him laid off. F____.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom View Post
That happened to one of my sons. I told him once if it was known who his boss was, they'd be turned into immigration. I also warned him he'd probably have his job taken, and guess what, it happened. It was in construction. He didn't speak Spanish! Although he is browner then some of those who worked there, they made up stuff and got him laid off. F____.
This happens quite a bit.

When they were just a sprinkling in the 70's, they worked real hard to get along. Now it seems you can't get a job unless you're a Mexican National.

I was on one job almost five years ago (in addition to the other two I mentioned being run off from) working for a Mexican foreman with a mostly Mexican national crew (the only other white was a young female laborer). The foreman himself was ok to get along with, but his son came off a three week or month vacation in Mexico. He showed up one day his father took off, was an insufferably arrogant asshole who acted like King Shit, and I made it known right away that I wasn't into being treated like shit from some wannabe cacique (Indian leader subordinate to the authorities or petty tyrant).

An hour later, the safety guy who oversaw my hiring showed up with an embarrassed look on his face and two checks. I guess the son didn't have enough balls to hand me the checks himself.

As well, if a brown American kid with a Spanish last name hears them talking about Jose or Juan coming over the border tonight, he just might as well sack his tools that afternoon and wear his good clothes to work tomorrow to get his lay off checks.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-08-2010 at 05:33 PM.