Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Welcome!

Welcome! The Staging Area

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-30-2010, 05:11 PM

Default And I used to be so liberal...

When I was moving from the Midwest to California 15 years ago, someone tried to dissuade me by mentioning it had "too much diversity" except that's not quite how they said it. I said, "I like diversity. I have no problem with that."

Well, now here I am, a new member of an organization devoted to the problems caused by illegal immigration. Why? Well, I do like diversity, and have friends all over the world, but we are being invaded.

The tipping point for me was our Legislature and various cities protesting Arizona taking legitimate action against the problem. We have plenty of problems of our own in California and we'd be in a LOT better shape without illegal aliens flooding in, just like Arizona. So with all California's problems, our representatives think it is more important to side with illegal aliens and criminals.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:36 PM
SOS Associate

Welcome MEA,

We are getting a diverse cross section of criminals here, so I guess we may have too much diversity. What part of the state are you in?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:44 PM

I am in Sacramento, but outside the city limits.

I'm from Chicago, and lived in Oakland when I first moved out here, so I am no stranger to big-city problems. Chicago has its share of illegal immigrants. One of the large groups is the Polish people who clean the office buildings at night. None of them speak much English besides hello.

but I just see it surging this decade to the point where we are losing our country. When thousands of illegals can go marching through the streets carrying foreign flags and protesting...well, you know what I mean.

Last edited by Mea; 08-30-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:54 PM
SOS Associate

Yes, I know what you mean,

Alot of people accuse me of having it in for mexicans, and that's true in a few aspects, but it is also true I give no quarter to anyone who comes to America and abuses the services or has no vested interest in keeping America American. The Sacramento area has taken in quite a big population of east europeans, russians, who have a large section of miscreants, leeches, and criminals. With all the supposed zillions of people wanting to come here, you'd think we'd be able to be selective, but that doesn't seem to be the choice of our hearless leaders
Old 08-30-2010, 06:01 PM

Oh, man, don't get me started on the Russians and Ukrainians in Sacramento--
another insular community devoted to bringing in as many of their friends and relatives as possible. And they are extremely intolerant people. At least Mexicans don't try to look down on everybody else or import their own bigotry.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mea View Post
. At least Mexicans don't try to look down on everybody else or import their own bigotry.
They don't?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM

Well, hmmmm, a matter of degree one way or the other.

Maybe there is not much distinction, but I kinda see Mexicans as pro-Mexican...
but the Eastern Europe folks are anti-this, anti-that...and sound more racist than almost anyone homegrown.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:03 PM
As seen on TV!

I had a pretty bad experience with about 2 dozen snooty French Kids, and their Chaperones today while taking my dog for a walk around the local lake up here in the Sierras.
They must of been some foreign schools outing, or something, but They called Me, and a few locals that were fishing every name/insult in the book, then started making rude remarks about My dog...grr...
I fired-off a quick "Lili n'est pas un pitbull, elle est un bouledogue Américain, vous des imbeciles".
That shut Them up really quick.

I married a German and lived in the french sector of Germany for years, and really grew to hate the french, and Their arrogance.

They were pretty shocked that a 'stupid American" even understood their barrage of insults, and made a rebuttal in French..the locals were pretty impressed too..
Old 08-30-2010, 07:17 PM

Good for you CB.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mea View Post
At least Mexicans don't try to look down on everybody else or import their own bigotry.
Yeah, a lot of them do.

Mexico has a nationalism born of inferiority complex often expressed through a Latin American brand of xenophobia. As a people, they can be as arrogantly bigoted as anyone else. If they feel safe, this can be pretty rude, if not it can be passive aggressive.

I went out on a job a few years back where the majority were illegal. I'm not fluent but I often understand exactly what is going on - those jokers were talking among themselves that I, in my own country, was taking one of "their" jobs and they were going to run me off.

Until they found out I had a skill which none of them did, and without me they wouldn't be working.

It pays to learn Spanish, not so much to cater to them but to play dumb in order to let those who kiss your ass in English out themselves by talking crap about you in Spanish when they think you don't have a clue.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.