Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-20-2012, 04:13 AM

Default What about my offer ?

I offered to arm wrestle you left coasters to see which mayor was the worst scum bag, your Villaragiosa or my Michael Bloomberg and no-one took me up on the offer.

So I'll have to fall back to my punt position to win this contest.

First. I'm a life long hunter and gun owner. I have been a member of the National Rifle Association since a young boy a very long time ago.

Just received my current issue of American Hunter, from the NRA. Wayne LaPierre blasted Bloomberg the billionaire versus = "We the people". Bloomberg will be out of office in 2013. He has pledged to devote his billions to gun control.

Now after the deplorable massacre of children in Connecticut there is a hue and cry for gun control. Fox news Gretchen Carlson, normally a favorable, level headed commentator asked: What is an AR 15 used for. Why would people want such a weapon.

In this issue of American Hunter there is an article written by an ardent coyote hunter who used an AR15 to shoot coyotes. It is first indeed a sporting hunting weapon and also a sporting competition target shooting weapon used by many. It is also a favorite weapon of inner city shop owners and residents to protect against the riots. Personally I think it is also a favored weapon to have in the home for protection.

According to reports since the Connecticut tragedy AR15 gun sales have boomed. Obama and the freak show are the best salesmen in existence. My local gun shop told me the boss can't stop smiling, sales are off the chart.

But make no mistake the gun control crowd is dangerous and on the move. "We" gun owners, lovers must muster up and fight.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:38 AM
SOS Associate

Villar has gubernatorial aspirations, but not much money at present. Your berg is kind of tapped out as far as achieving higher office. They're both top contenders for worst mayor, but bloomy blames the gun for his city's violence, while villar doesn't make that a central issue. For him, it's eeeemmigrantsss. They both have failed in their ministerial duties, and both divert the attention away from that. Arm wrestling over which is the worst is probably one of the few ways to settle it, aside from flipping a coin. You certainly can't do it on fact or merit, 'cause they both come out the same. But villar couldn't make it in the world outside of public office. Bloomy already did. Doesn't have much to do with the question asked though.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Villar while being mayor was convicted of the worst ethics violation in Los Angeles history. He would fit right in in Chicago and Obama. Bloomburg is much better connected with the money handlers, but Villar has the skin color that the left prefer.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:13 AM

I don't know much about Bloomberg except that he is of far left political political persuasion. My thought of the man is that he is a hypocrite, that being wealthy he would hurl ananthamas against the wealthy; while avoiding taxes himself he would seek to tax others; championing the "disenfranchised" he insulates himself from the rabble; that he would stifle local capitalism while turning a blind eye to where his own wealth came from. But this is mostly conjecture.

Villaracista, while I haven't thought of him in some time, is another matter.

The productive and self sustaining Los Angeles of his Mechista youth is now his personal Aztlan ready to implode when "other people's money" runs out.

My thought is that Villaracista is now in a comfortable personal situation without having a grasp on the fact that Los Angeles could become the next San Bernardino when denial ceases to be an option. I saw that he was frantic for a while that revenue from the state was drying up, but he is still preoccupied with social services and "green" pipe dreams that his city can't afford.

On top of that, he is very ignorant that the decaying Department of Water and Power's rat's nest is eventually going to fail in a big way on a widespread scale without massive belated maintenance needed to correct the problem, and no money to fix it. It's almost the same idea as being the owner of a used car who never changes the oil (and rarely checks fluid levels) or does any other maintenance minor or major until something fails - sooner rather than later the car is going to die and won't be worth fixing. LA's politicians, Villaracista prominently included, don't have a clue that the overhead is ready to come crashing down around them and the underground lead circuits are soon destined to blow up under their feet.

Utilities are a capital intensive business. About a year and a half ago there was the scrap between DWP and City Hall about money which was to be forked over to city hall but DWP determined to hang onto until some of it's demands were met. This resulted in the media chasing around employees and contractors and publishing stories about individuals and crews they caught screwing off. However, while the media was concerned about the money these people were being paid, the fact is that wages and benefits aren't even a drop in the bucket compared to plant costs. When something as extensive and necessary to the public as the electrical infrastructure begins to fail in a massive manner due to neglect and stone age civil servant / elected official thought process, the costs are going to be truly astronomical.

LA doesn't even begin to have the money, and a too late wake up call is on the way.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-22-2012 at 08:38 AM.