Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Municipalities

Municipalities Issues and information relating to cities and counties within California that are of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 PM

Default Sacramento Considers Filing Brief in SUPPORT of Chicagos Handgun Ban

http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/2392762.html

Quote:
TUESDAY

Sacramento considers filing brief in support of Chicago's handgun ban

What: Sacramento City Council will consider whether to authorize the City Attorney's Office to join as amicus curae with other cities arguing that the U.S. Constitution's 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to states and local governments. Last year, the Supreme Court court struck down the District of Columbia's strict gun ban, ruling it was an infringement on Americans' fundamental rights. Now, in McDonald v.Chicago, the Supreme Court will consider whether it applies states and local governments.

When: 6 p.m.
It would be good to have suits and ties there to support the second amendment and urge the city council to rethink their position.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
SOS Associate

Oh boy...I don't know,

I'll be at an all day event downtown, and it looks as though I won't be getting anyone to relieve me during the day. I'd like to go for sure, but I don't know if I'll be up to it, or if I'll have all my stuff broke down an put away in time
Old 12-14-2009, 09:15 AM
SOS Associate

As fate would have it, it looks as though I will be available after all.

With the state capitol event postponed, I guess I'll attend this anti-constitution fest instead.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM

http://sacramento.granicus.com/Agend...=8&event_id=98

Looks like they expect to give the topic 15 minutes of their time. It sounds like some Cal Gunners are intending on going.

They have a thread here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=249492
Old 12-15-2009, 08:41 PM
SOS Associate

Went to this meeting.....
The measure passed. Sac will urge the court to disarm citizens for their own good.
I found out that kevin mcCarty was the buffoon who placed this item on the agenda. He seems like a total kumbayah singing jackass. the mayor voted no. robbie Waters, a retired sheriff, voted no after recounting one of his earlier encounters with someone who either tried to rob him or get revenge on him in the parking lot of a supermarket. Had he no gun, he'd not be voting. The others also did so without comment. Robert Fong.....I grew up with his brother....is also a lawyer and had nothing to say except yay. I couldn't tell if he recognized me or not, but it's been just about ten years since he defended me when the joint powers authority, Warren Savage (god rest his soul just a few days ago), and Warren Smith all conspired to get me out of my desirable perch on the river so they could all build a baseball stadium. I could never tell whose side he was on during that whole affair, 'cause he was always glossy eyed over the baseball discussions. tonight I learned he won't side with the citizens, so maybe now I know why I didn't fair so well against the government ten years ago with him in my corner.
God save us all. Without the right to bear arms, we must rely on our petitions to congress?