Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-01-2010, 05:24 PM

Default Tow Truck Driver Who Ran Down Mom And Kids Has A Record (Illegal Immigrant)

http://www.kvta.com/content_page.php?pid=local_news

Tow Truck Driver Who Ran Down Mom And Kids Has A Record (Illegal Immigrant)
KVTA ^ |

http://www.kvta.com/content_page.php?pid=local_news

Oxnard Police have arrested the tow truck driver who ran down a mother and her two small children as they crossed a busy street Tuesday afternoon, dragging the children under the truck for a quarter mile before being stopped. 45-year-old Mehran Khamseh of Santa Barbara was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs. The incident happened shortly after noon at the intersection of Vineyard Avenue and Simon Way in Oxnard. Police say the tow truck driver, Khamseh, was making a left turn from westbound Simon Way to southbound Vineyard when he struck 19-year-old Alma Lopez who was pushing her 3-year-old daughter and one-year-old son in a stroller in the crosswalk eastbound across Vineyard. Both the tow truck driver and the pedestrians had green lights. Lopez was knocked to the ground, her children, still in what was left of the stroller, were pinned under the tow truck and dragged a quarter mile southbound on Vineyard.

It took witnesses and bystanders to chase the tow truck driver down and get him to stop the truck. Police say the children were rushed to the Ventura County Medical Center in critical condition. Lopez was also taken to VCMC with moderate injuries. Anyone with information that could help the investigation who has not talked to police about it are urged to call Senior Officer Maria Pena at (805) 385-7750. Khamseh is being held without bail because he is a parolee and because he is an illegal immigrant. According to Ventura County court records, he was convicted by a jury in 2008 of terrorist threats and having a prior petty theft conviction. He also had a couple of prior traffic violations.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:17 PM
SOS Associate

Astounding isn't it?

When someone in the country illegally commits a felony, gets prison, and the always accompanying parole or probation, the terms of those paroles/probations usually require employment. So how does an illegal comply with the terms of their sentence if they aren't deported after they are paroled or time served? My guess is, the feds give them some sort of temporary status. I've been asking about this, but still have not received a reply from ICE. I followed a local case that was precisely this situation. When I read the terms of his probation, I couldn't believe my eyes. First thing: he's illegal. Second thing: he required to get a job
Old 09-01-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Astounding isn't it?

When someone in the country illegally commits a felony, gets prison, and the always accompanying parole or probation, the terms of those paroles/probations usually require employment. So how does an illegal comply with the terms of their sentence if they aren't deported after they are paroled or time served? My guess is, the feds give them some sort of temporary status. I've been asking about this, but still have not received a reply from ICE. I followed a local case that was precisely this situation. When I read the terms of his probation, I couldn't believe my eyes. First thing: he's illegal. Second thing: he required to get a job
I don't believe the feds are informed if the person is an illegal parolee who is required to work as a condition for being let out of jail early.

It's hard to believe our "justice" system is working this way. It sucks.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.